Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,183 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

netnerd wrote: »
    Text commentary is ALWAYS faster than any satellite feed. Feeds are still used though for a lot of games, as its a lot cheaper.

Bookies always have a 5-7 second delay on in running bets anyway, so being a second or two behind the event doesnt really matter.

When i said feeds I dont mean the ones they show on their websites

http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

Those ones. On rare occasions in the mls matches I would get in before the betting suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've got in before the markets suspended a few times in the last few months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

I did it once as well during the match from North America. And it was a few hours later after I thought bet365 was extremely sloppy with their play suspending during Champions Leageu games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

The Czech's starting 11 looks extremely weak.

Čech, Gebreselassie, Kadlec, Sivok, Rosický, Pudil, Plašil, Pilař, Jiráček, Pekhart, Rezek

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

if youve got on before the suspend its simply because the trader in charge of the match is too busy on facebook to watch the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

if youve got on before the suspend its simply because the trader in charge of the match is too busy on facebook to watch the match.

Nice :D

Headshot wrote: »
    When i said feeds I dont mean the ones they show on their websites

http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

Those ones. On rare occasions in the mls matches I would get in before the betting suspended

Bookies get their satellite feeds from Cobain, which are much faster than any feed you will get on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

hunter164 wrote: »
    Anyone else fancy Richy Dunne at 1st goalscorer at 20/1? Powers have a money back on all losing 1st goalscorer bets if Ireland win.

Just got him at 33/1 in Ladbrokes :eek: but no money back special though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Scotland have a strong side out tonight, but will no doubt rotate the side in the 2nd half to give debuts to some of the guys on the bench.

6/5 to win the match looks attractive, but with the strong starting XI and the inevitable disruption to the flow in the 2nd half, I take Scotland to be winning at half time @ 2/1

nice one son

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Germany

Zieler, Boateng, Hummels, Badstuber, Aogo, Kroos, Khedira, Trasch, Ozil, Gotze, Gomez

Holland

Stekelenburg, Boulahrouz, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Braafheid, Sneijder, van der Vaart,
    de Jong, Babel, Kuyt, van Persie

Italy

Buffon; Abate, Ranocchia, Chiellini, Criscito; Pirlo, De Rossi, Marchisio; Montolivo; Balotelli, Pazzini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Did someone post here a few days ago about the Uruguay/Chile match, saying one of them suspended 4 players. Was it Chile, and to back Uruguay?

International Friendlies Holland v Switzerland
    11-11-2011 19:30
    Insurebet First Goalscorer
    R Van Persie @ 13/8
    International Friendlies Ukraine v Germany
    11-11-2011 19:45
    Insurebet First Goalscorer
    M Gomez @ 2/1
    Your Bets
    Double
    1 line at €16.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €16.00
    Potential returns: €126.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Scotland have a strong side out tonight, but will no doubt rotate the side in the 2nd half to give debuts to some of the guys on the bench.

6/5 to win the match looks attractive, but with the strong starting XI and the inevitable disruption to the flow in the 2nd half, I take Scotland to be winning at half time @ 2/1

Followed you on that bet - cheers:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

slookie wrote: »
    Did someone post here a few days ago about the Uruguay/Chile match, saying one of them suspended 4 players. Was it Chile, and to back Uruguay?

4 players from Chile suspended for having a few too many and bet on Uruguay - (-1) was also reccommened, i forget who had the origional post though

slookie wrote: »
    It was Chile. But Uruguay have some suspensions and injuries as well, both teams will have heavily depleted squads. Not sure what to do with this match, maybe BTTS is a good option.

"the players missing from Chile aren't that important and there was a huge over-reaction by the market."

Courtesy, I might add, of my colleague in Chile

"the players missing from Chile aren't that important and there was a huge over-reaction by the market."

Not feeling really comfortable arguing with him, but Jorge Valdivia is one of the two most creative players (and he;s more consistent than Matias Fernandez) and Arturo Vidal is very important DM. Even if he can be replaced by Guy Medel, system that former NT coach Bielsa created was built around having 2-3 defensive midfielders in starting XI, not necessary playing as DM because of their versatility and ability to adjust to various tactical changes during the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Ireland h/t @3.0
    Ireland win @ 2.2
    Harlequins -17 @1.8
    Uruguay -1@ 2.37
    Van Persie and Gomez fist score @ 19.5
    Portugal @ 2.2
    Holland and Germany Double @ 2.07
    Robbie to score @3
    Dunne @ 9.5
    Draw/Port, Czech, Ireland/Draw @ 2.77

All will win of course!:D:D:D

Very strong Argentina team

Sergio Germán Romero
    Nicolás Burdisso
    Martín Demichelis
    Clemente Juan Rodriguez
    Pablo Javier Zabaleta
    Javier Mascherano
    Fernando Gago
    Javier Pastore
    Ricardo Gabriel Álvarez
    Lionel Messi
    Gonzalo Higuaín

I know I shouldnt go near them after their last match (they let me down big time there) but **** it ill go for it

World Cup Qualifiers Argentina v Bolivia
    11-11-2011 20:00
    Over/Under 3.5 Goals
    Over 3.5 Goals @ evens
    Your Bets
    Win
    Single: Over 3.5 Goals @ evens
    1 line at €40.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €40.00
    Potential returns: €80.00

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

It was me who posted that about Chile earlier this week.
    I checked their line up in their last qualifier vs Peru and 4 of the 5 were starters in that match.
    Now i am certain that guys knowledge about Chilean football is better than mine but missing 4 1st teamers away to Uruguay must not fill them with confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

moved it

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

2 or more goals Robbie Keane. 16/1 ! Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

AdrianII wrote: »
    ppplx.jpg
    Decky86 wrote: »
    2 or more goals Robbie Keane. 16/1 ! Nice
    Aftertiming thread is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055948463

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

- bo - wrote: »
    Selection Selection Details Result
    Football Matches
    Euro 2012 Qualifiers
    Estonia v Ireland
    11th of Nov 2011 7:45 pm
    To Score 2 or More Goals
    R Keane @ 16/1
    Pending

Stake per line €5.00
    Potential Returns €85.00

Cha-ching! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

robbie1977 wrote: »

didnt even know there was one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Am thinking Ireland/Czech double for tomorrow, 20 returns 84.
    Czechs are decent at home but Montenegro are poor on the road with 6 defeats in 9. As for Ireland i fancy us to win by a goal. Anyone got an opinion on this double?

Get in the fuuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

what the hell are P.P at Uruguay 4/7 and 10/11 on bet 365,have to wait in the hope they dont score to find some value:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    The fact that they finished 10 points behind the worst Italian team in history and only amassed a total of 16 points in a group which included the Faroes and N. Ireland (who they took six from) as well as a Serbian side that was in absolute disarray for at least half the campaign is pretty telling imo.

fckthat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Spain -1 is at 3.10 :eek:

This is England's probable line-up according to skysports:
    England: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Cole, Lampard, Barry, Jones, Sturridge, Bent, Welbeck.

No Terry or Rooney...

and the probable line-up for Spain according to Marca:
    Casillas; Ramos, Puyol, Piqué, Arbeloa; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Iniesta, Villa y Silva

• Advertisement

seanhynes wrote: »
    what the hell are P.P at Uruguay 4/7 and 10/11 on bet 365,have to wait in the hope they dont score to find some value:rolleyes:

...or open an account with a different bookmaker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement