Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not going near Argentina ever again

Shame a team full of top players can never perform together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Spain -1 is at 3.10 :eek:

This is England's probable line-up according to skysports:
    England: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Lescott, Cole, Lampard, Barry, Jones, Sturridge, Bent, Welbeck.

No Terry or Rooney...

and the probable line-up for Spain according to Marca:
    Casillas; Ramos, Puyol, Piqué, Arbeloa; Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi; Iniesta, Villa y Silva

I'd just be a touch wary until the Spanish team is named, there's whispers the Barca lads who played during the week won't play tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Hopefully my esteemed Chilean colleagues advice was well and truly ignored.

As for Marca's predicted line ups, I think they employ a team of monkeys to throw darts at the squad list to come up with their projected 11.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Had a €40 double on an ireland win at 7/5 and both teams to score in uruguay game at evens. Come on Chile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

Had a €40 double on an ireland win at 7/5 and both teams to score in uruguay game at evens. Come on Chile!
    If you're worried throw in a lay bet on betfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

slookie wrote: »
    Ireland h/t @3.0 :D
    Ireland win @ 2.2 :D
    Harlequins -17 @1.8:mad:
    Uruguay -1@ 2.37:D:D
    Van Persie and Gomez fist score @ 19.5:mad:
    Portugal @ 2.2:mad:
    Holland and Germany Double @ 2.07:mad:
    Robbie to score @3:D:D
    Dunne @ 9.5:mad:
    Draw/Port, Czech, Ireland/Draw @ 2.77:D:D

All will win of course!:D:D

Not a bad night...2 of the losing ones were long shots anyway. Still well up after the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Headshot wrote: »
    Not going near Argentina ever again

Shame a team full of top players can never perform together

argentina have been $hit since about 1986 tbh.

vastly over rated team. all names no substance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Yardie wrote: »
    Heading away on Thurs morning so won't really get chance to go through the cards and corners bets for Euro games before then.

All the games have strict refs so quite a good chance of cards with so much at stake, more in the 2nd legs though. There is very few markets up yet so hard to pick value prices

Stats wise
    Corners: Under 10 corners in Estonia/Ireland and Czech/Montenegro anywhere around evens is very good bet. All teams have high % of unders.
    Over 10 corners in Bosnia/Portugal and Turkey/Croatia look good bets too if around evens. Matches involving these teams have high % of over 10 corners

Cards: If you can get around evens on over 4 cards in any of the games then it's a good bet. Czech/Montenegro in particular.

The only bookies with full cards markets up are ladbrokes and Hills for the Bosnia/Portugal game. Howard Webb is in charge of this so could well be a card fest. Both sides met in playoffs for last world cup. 1st leg had 50 points, 2nd leg 85 points. Bosnia have been involved in a few card fests lately whereas Portugals discipline has been quite good but we have seen in recent years how they react if thing's aren't going their way.

Ladbrokes are offering some very interesting prices here Over 55 points is a huge 27/10 compared to Victor Chandlers 23/20 for over 55.

Free money alert
    There is a decent arbing opportunity here if you put €200 on 27/10 with Lads returning €750, then on Vic Chandler back 35-55 points @ 23/10 -€175 returns €402 and €200 on under 35 points @ 15/8 returns €375. By doing this you have €0 risk and €175 profit if over 55 comes in. Adjust stakes to suit yourselves. Put more on at vic chand if you wanna lock in profit regardless of outcome.

Over 65 points on Ladbrokes is a massive 5/1. Which is far too big for a game with Webb reffing and so much at stake. WillHill is giving 12/5 for over 6 cards which is about right. Another arb opportunity on this too.

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-ie/football/european-championships/bosnia-vs-portugal-e215417841#

I don't think those prices will last on Ladbrokes so get on early if you fancy a bit of arbing. Also on Ladbrokes over 45 points is 6/4 which is a great price too if you looking for just a single.

Have a good wan!

6/8 there Yardie, on the ball as always. One more an you'd hav won me 2 grand or so. Lumped on the single of overs in cards in the Czech match won me bout 80 overall. Fair play man, looking forward to your next picks, only a matter of time until you hit a huge one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

ff9999 wrote: »
    I usually don't go for these but Major rush of blood to the head:

Bosnia v Port BTTS EVS
    Turk v Croatia BTTS 10/11
    Cyprus v Scotland BTTS 5/6
    Czech Rep to win 4/6
    Hungary to win 1/7
    Cameroon to win 4/9
    Ukraine v Germany over 2.5 goals 8/11
    Ireland first team to score 10/11

@ 63/1 :D

I've got Robbie to score anytime too on a single bet to cover that insane accumulator :p

Came closer than expected with that silly acc! Needed a goal from Turkey, Bosnia & Port and I was 300€ richer.

Robbie saved the day! Good to see some serious competition for spots up front (Keane/ Long/ Doyle/ Walters).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

that was a really good accum and i dont know how it didnt come in in the end...would have expected goals in bosnia game and just needed turkey to get a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bosnia U21
    Llanelli
    over 2.5 in Somalia - Ethiopia
    Roger Federer (not football I know, sorry!)
    @4.03

On paper, it looks good, Bosnia won the corresponding fixture 5-1 and had a ton of shots off target too, Llanelli play against the team they already beat 9-2, Somalia are one of the worst footballing countries in the world and Ethiopia have had decent results lately, as for Federer, I don't know much about tennis but he's one of the most famous names in tennis.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

moved to private forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

netnerd wrote: »
    moved to private forum

:confused::confused: - is there one???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Radonman wrote: »
    :confused::confused: - is there one???
    Yes, all info needed is here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056445349

Stirling v Arbroath today - Stirling are bottom of the division and Ardroath Second on goal difference only
    Arbroath are evens with Ladbrooks
    (-1) @ pp 12/5

Looks good value to me unless i'm missing something

http://www.flashscore.com/standings/UyJUsNoA/x6vYcWq1/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Stirling v Arbroath today - Stirling are bottom of the division and Ardroath Second on goal difference only
    Arbroath are evens with Ladbrooks
    (-1) @ pp 12/5

Looks good value to me unless i'm missing something

http://www.flashscore.com/standings/UyJUsNoA/x6vYcWq1/

Not saying they won't win today but a few weeks ago Arbroath (top of the league) let me down against Albion (bottom of the league).

magherakid wrote: »
    Not saying they won't win today but a few weeks ago Arbroath (top of the league) let me down against Albion (bottom of the league).

Yea, i often her from a friend of mine that the lower divisions in Scotland are rife with match fixing so i'm gonna go with it but on a small wager though

iv requested odds on Phil Jones to be booked today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Yea, i often her from a friend of mine that the lower divisions in Scotland are rife with match fixing so i'm gonna go with it but on a small wager though

Your bang on there, lower divisions in scotland are dodgy as f**k, small stakes the way to go in that league with the amount of fixing that supposedly takes place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Headshot wrote: »
    iv requested odds on Phil Jones to be booked today

Headshot do you request odds by telephone? i requested odds for a football bet last weekend with paddy power and i got an email back saying it was forwarded to their traders and i never heard back, i sent the same email to William Hill and i got a price in no time. Do you get a price request quicker over the telephone?

• Advertisement

Bosnia U21

Fuuuck, how can you win 5-1 at home and lose 2-1 away against the same team, especially considering that team had lost all their games before that:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

anyone got any decent 6 fold accum for today? fa cup/internationals?

shocksy wrote: »
    Headshot do you request odds by telephone? i requested odds for a football bet last weekend with paddy power and i got an email back saying it was forwarded to their traders and i never heard back, i sent the same email to William Hill and i got a price in no time. Do you get a price request quicker over the telephone?

by email and phone

If they are long getting back to me by email, ill just ask them "where is my price" just keep pestering them

My bet of the day was done during the week Spain Evs, also a play on Spain -1 5/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Sorry for spamming a few of you lads earlier,I had no idea what was going on!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 decamoto

anyone fancy wales today at 13/8? i cant imagine theyre treating it as a friendly...

Wales: Hennessey, Gunter, Matthews, Williams, Blake, Allen, Crofts, Ramsey, Bale, Bellamy, Morison.
    Subs: Price, Nyatanga, Edwards, King, Robson-Kanu, Vokes, Earnshaw.
    Norway Jarstein, Ruud, Waehler, Hangeland, Riise, Pedersen, Tettey, Grindheim, Jenssen, Abdellaoui, Huseklepp.
    Subs: Pettersen, Vilsvik, Demidov, Brenne, Sorum, Parr, Braaten.
    Referee: Gerhard Grobelnik (Austria)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

magherakid wrote: »
    My bet of the day was done during the week Spain Evs, also a play on Spain -1 5/2.

Going to go for Spain also .. I may do -1 depending on the Spanish line up

Spain: Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Piqué, Alba; Xavi, Busquets, Alonso; Iniesta, Silva y Villa.

England Lineup : Hart; Cole, Lescott, Jagielka, Johnson; Jones, Parker, Lampard; Milner, Bent, Walcott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I'm on Spain -1 today, done it days ago @ 13/5 but I'm not sure what you could get now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement