Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Colombia @4 to win against Argentina. (played the 15th)

I am having some of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double of:
    Juve Stabia
    Airbus UK win or draw
    @1.97

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Malaysia scored in the 91st minute.

Yesterday is a distant memory :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

netnerd wrote: »
    Malaysia scored in the 91st minute.

Yesterday is a distant memory :)

woke up too late to see your posts, fair play tho. hope it made up for yesterday. keep them coming

Anything else worth looking at today?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

bonescap wrote: »
    woke up too late to see your posts, fair play tho. hope it made up for yesterday. keep them coming

Laos game has just kicked off. Im pretty certain there'll be something dodgy in this match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Feck, didn't see that, was it shops or on line?

One for tomorrow is Bradley Wright-Phillips (Charlton top of League One) to score a brace against Halifax Town (mid Conference National). He has been banging them in this season and I can see the away side giving this a good go as its on the telly and all (ITV1). @4.20
    Headshot wrote: »
    Will Charlton be taking the game serious, Mike?
    I'll tell you when I see the line up!

No Wright-Philips or Kermorgantin the starting 11 (W-P on bench), but still a decent side. -1 is 1.9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Time to get some of that money back from the Spain game
    Charlton -1 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

Bradley Wright-Phillips on the bench for charlton. Jackson has been their next highest scorer this season

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

netnerd wrote: »
    Laos game has just kicked off. Im pretty certain there'll be something dodgy in this match.

I cant see it on PP or betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

it's on bet365
    Loas 1-0 up now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

it is on bet365

Went for Laos HT/ET FT @17 (based on nothing other than it being a dodgy match)
    1-0 Laos at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Optimistic Fool

Over 40 points cards in Charlton game is 3/1 in game on ladbrokes if anyone's interested, seems a good price!

Loas 2-0 up now...

.....shouldn't comments on the Loas match switch over to the 'in-play' thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Got 87% of my money back by doin this, **** you Spain :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 YoGabbaGabba

Charlton & Sheff Wed for me today but small stakes. Liked overs in charlton match but no value at all.

Noice wan!!!!!

First time posting here aswell

Charlton & Sheff Wed for me today but small stakes. Liked overs in charlton match but no value at all.

Noice wan!!!!!

First time posting here aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Derek! wrote: »
    I'd back almost anyone against Spain in a friendly given their record in friendlies, and if I'd done proper research today instead of lettin Spains squad fool me that's what I'd have done.

England were very lucky to win the match, Spain dominated with 70% possession, albeit with few clear-cut chances to show for their dominance.

One set piece with a lucky bounce off the post, and then blanketing defense with 10 men behind the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

ff9999 wrote: »
    England were very lucky to win the match, Spain dominated with 70% possession, albeit with few clear-cut chances to show for their dominance.

One set piece with a lucky bounce off the post, and then blanketing defense with 10 men behind the ball.
    Yea I know what you mean, then theres the chance at the end that Fabregas missed :(

I suppose England will go on and win the Euros now :rolleyes:

Vasco vs Botafogo

Was going to go for Vasco DNB but after reading this I think I'll go for unders @ 1.72

Vasco da Gama will suffer with the loss of three players – Jumar, Felipe and Eduardo Costa –, all injured, with Botafogo missing only one piece – Lucas Zen. But the biggest problem for Vasco is that they won’t play at their stadium. For security reason the police judge Vasco da Gama’s stadium Sao Januario unsafe for this match –one of the biggest derbies in Brazil –, and it will be held in Botafogo’s stadium Engenhao.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vasco da Gama
    Suspended: None
    Doubtful: None
    Injured/unavailable: Eduardo Costa (thigh), Felipe (thigh) and Jumar (thigh)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Botafogo
    Suspended: None
    Doubtful: None
    Injured/unavailable: Lucas Zen (thigh)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vasco da Gama lost their last match 2-0 against Santos, and now they come from two winless games, without having scored in any of these games, which is mainly midfielder Diego Souza’s fault, as he’s not playing well anymore. In fact, they only had two wins in the last seven matches. During the midweek, in a minor South America cup – Copa Sudamericana –, Vasco da Gama beat Universitario, from Peru, 5-2 and reached the Semi-finals.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Botafogo come from a loss too, and in last round’s 1-0 against Figueirense they showed their dependency on striker Loco Abreu. The Uruguayan didn’t score, something he had done in the two matches before that one, and they left the field without a goal.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With both attacks appearing to be not as good as they used to be, the chances of too many goals in this game are low. With that, Vasco da Gama and Botafogo are likely to be led to a low score draw at the end of the game.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HEAD TO HEAD[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vasco da Gama and Botafogo already played seven times in the Engenhao, and Botafogo won only one of these games – the most recent one; 4-0. In total, Vasco da Gama have 111 wins, while Botafogo won 66 matches out of a total of 257.[/FONT]

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Derek! wrote: »
    Yea I know what you mean, then theres the chance at the end that Fabregas missed :(

I suppose England will go on and win the Euros now :rolleyes:

Would have put my house on Fabregas to put that chance away!

We'll get 'em in the Quarters and knock 'em out in peno's. Can't wait:pac:

The odds will be a bit crappy but there are a few ties in the U21s tomorrow worth looking at.

Greece U21 15 : 00 Bosnia-Herzego…
    Croatia U21 16 : 00 Estonia U21
    Poland U21 17 : 00 Moldova U21
    Netherlands U21 17 : 30 Scotland U21
    Albania U21 18 : 00 Portugal U21
    Spain U21 19 : 00 Switzerland U21
    Ireland Rep U21 19 : 30 Liechtenstein U21
    France U21 19 : 45 Slovakia U21
    Belgium U21 19 : 45 England U21

France U21 (vs Slovakia)
    Portugal U21 (vs Albania)
    England U21 (vs Belgium)
    over 2.5 in Ireland vs Liechtenstein U21
    over 2.5 in Poland vs Moldova U21
    @4.02

I have a feeling England will ruin this bet, Belgium lost against Iceland and drew against Azerbaijan, and yet the odds on England are rather high (1.64), so it seems like the bookies know something we don't...

England are away.

England are away.

Yea but still they have much more quality than Belgium.

It seems to me there is always a small "premium" in internationals for the away side regardless of the possible quality gap. Still its best to wait for the line ups before placing the bet in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd expect the same team that played against Iceland. Nathan Delfouneso is the only player missing.

PP running scared from the Spain game - offering no goal scorer markets (Rodrigo hat trick would be tempting)

Anyone tell me about the Ireland U21 side? Is it a decent squad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

France U21 (vs Slovakia)
    Portugal U21 (vs Albania)
    England U21 (vs Belgium)
    over 2.5 in Ireland vs Liechtenstein U21
    over 2.5 in Poland vs Moldova U21
    @4.02

I have a feeling England will ruin this bet, Belgium lost against Iceland and drew against Azerbaijan, and yet the odds on England are rather high (1.64), so it seems like the bookies know something we don't...

I'm gna follow ye here Lasagna,Best of luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement