Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,357 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

netnerd wrote: »
    If you are in this position again, and are unable to make an additional deposit to cover your next bet, ask the agent to place the bet "subject to funds".

This is a perfectly normal and accepted procedure at most bookies.

No they couldnt do that either

Dear Customer,
    Due to a technical problem, the price displayed on the To qualify in a penalty shootout market for Libertad Asuncion v LDU Quito was incorrect. In accordance with our rules, we are obliged to correct these odds as follows:

7/2 Old odds
    10/11 New odds

Our rules state:
    'We cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, or marking of prices, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. Paddy Power reserves the right to correct any obvious errors'.

'If there are any blatant errors in prices transmitted bets will be settled at the correct price at the time of acceptance or the Starting Price (where applicable) whichever is the greater. We also reserve the right to void any bets where there has been a blatant error in prices'.

what a load of ****e tbh. That is the biggest load of ****e iv seen from pp

Im gobsmacked by this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's crazy, fair enough if there's a massive difference in the odds of what their claiming is palpable,

but **** sake that's ridiculous! whats to stop changing odds on whatever they want and claiming palpable errors, i'd threatening them with going to the media

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Thats a joke HS I had incident yesterday were I backed
    a horse at lower odds than it should be knowing it was lower just to see if it won what they would do and and they payed ouy at lower without changing it.

I'll post it in bookmakers moan thread with the reply l got.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

That's crazy, fair enough if there's a massive difference in the odds of what their claiming is palpable,

but **** sake that's ridiculous! whats to stop changing odds on whatever they want and claiming palpable errors, i'd threatening them with going to the media

Media don't wanna know about it and won't run any negative stories about PP, they put too much money into advertising in papers etc. I know this from experience.

Joe Duffy!

• Advertisement

Really is abuse of power tbh

Not point in the media, wouldnt waste my time

For all my years of betting iv never seen something this bad tbh
    To actually change odds like this is really shameful on pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Headshot wrote: »
    Our rules state:
    'We cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, or marking of prices, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. Paddy Power reserves the right to correct any obvious errors'.

'If there are any blatant errors in prices transmitted bets will be settled at the correct price at the time of acceptance or the Starting Price (where applicable) whichever is the greater. We also reserve the right to void any bets where there has been a blatant error in prices'.

what a load of ****e tbh. That is the biggest load of ****e iv seen from pp

Im gobsmacked by this

Like it or not they have to protect themselves from human error, I dunno how many markets are live (as opposed to just live events markets) at any given moment on PP but it will run into thousands, some will be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What was the bet? 1.90 to 4.5 is a pretty big mistake for them to have made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

They make so many mistakes its a joke, and they have absolutely no lee way with the punter. Their level of customer care is in the toilet. It wont change, they're too big to give a s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

re: Penalty shootout bet.

I'm assuming that this bet was placed at the end of the 90 minutes, and PP made the mistake of thinking there would be extra time, but instead the match went straight to penalties?

If this is the case, then I'd have to say that PP were well within their rights to do this, as it is clear human error.

• Advertisement

re: Penalty shootout bet.

I'm assuming that this bet was placed at the end of the 90 minutes, and PP made the mistake of thinking there would be extra time, but instead the match went straight to penalties?

If this is the case, then I'd have to say that PP were well within their rights to do this, as it is clear human error.

Yeah if that's what happened then it's a clear angleshoot by the punter, if you get paid great, if you don't you can't be surprised or upset whatsoever IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

TBF, the bookies aren't as bad as some make out.
    They made a mistake a few days ago and refunded me, and someone else on here.
    That's happened a couple of times now, never had odds lowered after I placed a bet, probably 'coz it's only recently when I've been trying to beat the bookie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I was on Bet 365 & they had the home team 8/11 & the away team evens to win the penalty shoot-out. Seems about right as the 7/2 does seem high

I actually didnt know about only peno's

I made the bet around 85th minute and put another bet of
    Football Matches
    Betting in Running
    Libertad Asuncion v LDU Quito
    17th of Nov 2011 10:15 pm
    To Qualify for the Next Round
    Libertad Asuncion @ 8/13

Thinking there would be extra time

Pretty unfair tbh

I do have sympathy Headshot, but for every 1 punter, like yourself that placed what they thought was a genuine bet (4/1 would be the right price to win in a shootout if there had been extra time), there will be 100 more scumbags looking to take advantage of a cock up.

Whilst most people will consider these bookies the "enemy", you have to remember that the guys trading these matches are just normal people, trying to do their jobs. Theres no conspiracy, theyre not trying to "rob" the customers or piss them off. We all make fúck ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I do have sympathy Headshot, but for every 1 punter, like yourself that placed what they thought was a genuine bet (4/1 would be the right price to win in a shootout if there had been extra time), there will be 100 more scumbags looking to take advantage of a cock up.

Whilst most people will consider these bookies the "enemy", you have to remember that the guys trading these matches are just normal people, trying to do their jobs. Theres no conspiracy, theyre not trying to "rob" the customers or piss them off. We all make fúck ups.

Scumbags? So everyone here involved in the Crystal Palace saga is a scumbag?

yesno1234 wrote: »

Yeah, of course. Myself included.

Take your shot and if it slips through the net, fair do's. If not, don't moan about it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Tomorrow going with a double of Newcastle and the draw 12/5 and Liverpool and the draw 10/11.
    10 quid pays 64 :D

yesno1234 wrote: »

Without knowing the details of the Crystal Palace saga, if it was a bet you wouldn't make with your mate you can pretty much guess from that whether it's scummy behaviour or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

If it's a genuine bet on a punters part and you don't realize the odds are wrong then fair enough. You have a right to be unhappy and complain as you entered into the situation in good faith. But if you put a bet on knowing full well it is a mistake. Whether it's just wrong odds or a bet still available after the fact. Then you have no right to complain.

It's the gambling equivalent of picking a new ps3 game off the shelf priced for a tenner and approaching the counter. If it scans as a tenner and you get it for that. Lucky you. But if it scans as 49.99 at the till you have no right to get it for the price marked on the case you brought up.

Consumer law is written that way and terms and conditions for bookies are wrote that way too. Mistakes happen and business look for protection the same way the consumer does. Everyone loves to spot a bet that is like free money. But you have to be objective and realize you were trying to take advantage of an error.

The above isn't directed at headshot by the way. Just since it's the current topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

keane2097 wrote: »
    Without knowing the details of the Crystal Palace saga, if it was a bet you wouldn't make with your mate you can pretty much guess from that whether it's scummy behaviour or not.

Ah but the bookies not your mate. If you put on a bet, with your mate, on unders in a match and then noticed you meant overs, I'm sure your mate would allow you change, bookies wouldn't. Betting is a scumbag's game:p:pac:.

Anyone got a 2/1 accu for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Got overs in Den Bosch / Dordrecht / GA Eagles / Veendam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

alrite lads

for anyone that remembers this one and me and my ranting about not getting anything after that certain bet, a few days after it i got sorted with some funds, it took alot of hassle and they didnt have too but after alot of emailing back and forth they probably just wanted to get rid of me, they didnt have to give me anything but the fact that i would have had a profit of 1k on it i think i deserved something! not something id do again though as they didnt have to give me anything

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Going with a seria A double for the weekend, stolen from here http://delsfootballtips.blogspot.com/

Over 2.5 goals in the Fiorentina - milan game
    and Bologna to win to nil
    @ ~ 5.5 (PP)

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone got a 2/1 accu for tonight

Instead of an acca, I would go for overs in the Maastricht v Oss match. Over 4.5 pays 2/1 and looks like it should be a very open game.

Did this instead, fourfolds from five, small €2.50 bet.

Welsh Premiership Afan Lido v The New Saints
    The New Saints (-1.0) @ 1.90

German Bundesliga 2 Matches Duisburg v Eintracht Braunschweig
    Eintracht Braunschweig @ 2.50

Dutch Jupiler League Matches Den Bosch v Agovv Apeldoorn
    Den Bosch (-2.0) @ 2.40

Dutch Jupiler League Matches BV Veendam v FC Zwolle
    FC Zwolle @ 1.53

Czech Premier League Baumit Jablonec v Sigma Olomouc
    Baumit Jablonec @ 1.50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gonna put some blind faith in the enigma that is Nicklas Bendtner tomorrow. Scoring goals for club and country (scored in both games last week) and confidence will be high. Up against a Fulham side who always leak goals away from home...

Bendtner Insurebet @ 9/2
    Bendtner 2 or more goals @ 16/1:eek:

16/1 is a great shout against Fulham, gonna follow you with a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

16/1 is a great shout against Fulham, gonna follow you with a tenner

Yal get the 16/1 in the specials mate, I see hes 14/1 on the general list on PP.. Hopefully for tomorrow, hel prove hes the best striker in europe:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement