Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Single
    Swansea v Man Utd
    Man Utd -1 6/4 :(
    Man Utd should have to much strength and depth for Swansea

Single
    Bristol Rovers v Barnet
    Izale McLeod 23/10 anytime to score :D
    Izale McLeod has scored 9 league goals for Barnet

Single
    Birmingham v Peterborough
    Peterborough to score over 1.5 goals 13/8 :(
    Peterborough have scored over 1.5 goals in 5 of there last 6 games

Double
    Cliftonville 11/10 :D
    Portadown 5/6 :D

2 out of 4 a bit of profit for today

Valencia v Real Madrid
    i'll take a stab at over 3.5 match goals 7/4

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ronaldo wincast @ 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I know its early in the season, and Man Utd always come good after xmas, but im seriously thinking of lumping big time on Man City to win the prem. United are pi**ing about barely winning games now and when they meet City again i can see another beating for us. I honestly don't see who will beat City between now and the end of the season.

See them now at 4/5 on pp. They are playing Chelsea on the12th Dec and Arsenal on the 20th and if they win them games (which i think they will at least draw) the odds will be crap, and they will be unbackable. Opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I know its early in the season, and Man Utd always come good after xmas, but im seriously thinking of lumping big time on Man City to win the prem. United are pi**ing about barely winning games now and when they meet City again i can see another beating for us. I honestly don't see who will beat City between now and the end of the season.

See them now at 4/5 on pp. They are playing Chelsea on the12th Dec and Arsenal on the 20th and if they win them games (which i think they will at least draw) the odds will be crap, and they will be unbackable. Opinions
    I hate to admit it but I think it's a good bet, United were disgraceful today and not for the first time either.
    I know that they usually do improve, but I have serious doubts about them bein able to match City this season.
    City look to have goals all over the pitch and are unstoppable at the moment with the squad they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Derek! wrote: »
    I hate to admit it but I think it's a good bet, United were disgraceful today and not for the first time either.
    I know that they usually do improve, but I have serious doubts about them bein able to match City this season.
    City look to have goals all over the pitch and are unstoppable at the moment with the squad they have.

Yeah i think they're just too good and confident to let it go. I 'll make a decision over the next few days. I can see them beating Chelsea and Arsenal in December. They are too good for United (hate to say it) and the rest of the teams are fodder for them.

Yeah i think they're just too good and confident to let it go. I 'll make a decision over the next few days. I can see them beating Chelsea and Arsenal in December. They are too good for United (hate to say it) and the rest of the teams are fodder for them.
    +1, it's always worth havin a good think about it before you put big money down on a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

wprathead wrote: »
    Found nice lil bet on PP:
    Man city v newcastle - highest scoring half = 2nd @ evens

10 out of 11 of City's games this season has been this way and all 5 games at home been highest scoring in 2nd half.

Newcastle stats also show that they get most of their goals in 2nd half

bollix, 2 in each half :mad:
    thought City were only 1 up at half time and when I heard final score was 3-1 at Connacht match I was delighted and spent my predicted winnings of a 10er on two pints... ah well, least the pints were good:)

wprathead wrote: »
    bollix, 2 in each half :mad:
    thought City were only 1 up at half time and when I heard final score was 3-1 at Connacht match I was delighted and spent my predicted winnings of a 10er on two pints... ah well, least the pints were good:)
    ****in hate that when you have a well researched bet and the stats are really strong for your bet to win but then the stats completely go against ya on the day!

G'wan Ronaldo ya big gimp ya :pac:

Great game. Hopefully those goals do Soldado a world of confidence. I miss my Soldado goal bets :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunday games.

Anderlecht v Sint-Truiden -1 top plays bottom.
    Excelsior vs. AZ -1 top plays bottom
    Eintracht Frankfut v Alemannia Aachen 2nd top plays bottom
    PSG vs. Nancy top plays 2nd bottom.
    Stuttgart vs. Augsburg 8th plays bottom, Augsburg have fluked one (peno goal) win all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Cristiano Ronaldo To Score And Real Madrid To Win @ 5/4
    Valencia v Real Madrid
    Score And Win

Javier Hernandez To Score And Man United To Win @ 6/5
    Swansea v Man United
    Score And Win

Mario Gomez To Score And Bayern Munich To Win @ 13/10
    Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund
    Score And Win

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 56.92

Great wins there.Good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Gedtting my head together now after poor enough day. Missed out on some big fancies that I didn't go for. Sunday should be better.

A couple more La Liga games that look good for cards later today:

Our friend from the Levante Valencia game Carlos del Cerro Grande is in charge of the early game @ 11 between Sociedad and Espanol.

Sociedad average 3 cards a game at home and Espanol average 3.8 cards a game away from home. Best Bet here looks over 6 Asian cards on Bet365 @1.975

The other one is Gijon vs Getafe: The ref is card happy Javier Turienzo Alvarez http://www.soccerway.com/referees/javier-turienzo-alvarez/72364/

Gijon have a decent enough discipline record but 8 of Getafe's games have had 60 or more points

Over 6.5 cards is 10/11 on bet365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Soby wrote: »
    Great wins there.Good stuff

Bayern lost and Gomez didn't score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Hopeless stuff from me today,Back to the drawing board tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

In Chile later today U de Chile plays U Catolica (wish i could do a card bet there...)
    While over 2,5 for the match isnt great @1.66 i spotted U de Chile to score over 1,5 @2
    U de Chile is on a 26 match unbeaten run. Won 7 out of 8 , scoring 24 goals at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

David Luiz to get first red card in the Chelsea - Liverpool game today, 11/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Zestafoni
    Metalurgi Rustavi (both Georgian league)
    Metallist Kharkiv
    Greuther Furth
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    @3.42

Looks like a solid bet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Well there is a reason for that, its about winning and not conceding any goals which they have done and done it well. fergie still thinks he will be ahead of them after x-mas , + when city lost and they will , its how they deal with that , i can see them losing a few after their first defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Lampard 13/2 FGS and seems to be doing the well , FGS in last 2 games.
    + money back if torres scores

Anyone have any sitters today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I did my double for the seaon last week.

I think Man Utd will still win the premier, bit of a rough patch at the moment but they are still winning and getting those most important 3 points, they will come good again, City have yet to have their bad patch, and they will, then they will have to try and grind out these tough results, and their mentality will depend on whether they can do it or not...

I also think Celtic will win the SPL (as a Celtic fan i have to believe it) Plus the points gap was 15, now its down to 10, an we have our game in hand this week which can bring it to 7, Rangers have a very small squad and are already suffering from the loss of one of their main players for the rest of the season, anymore injuries and they are f*cked, Celtic have been grinding out results with most of our first team out with injuries, when we are back to our main starting 11, i think that is when we will pounce. And we also have the Old Firm at Celtic Park on December 28th....

Did a €50 Double

Man Utd @ 2/1
    Celtic @ 2/1

Returns €450

Millwall v Bristol City
    Darius Henderson has scored 6 goals in the last 4 games for Millwall.
    Darius Henderson first goalscorer 9/2
    Darius Henderson anytime 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

chelsea pool league games have been unders for last 6 meetings

under 2.5 goals @ 10/11

did the above in an accum with PSG, Juve and Stuttgart, 10 returns 46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Anderlecht HT-FT @ 1/2
    AZ -1 @ 4/5
    Stuttgart @ 2/5

£30 treble

I'll follow you magherakid and have a wee bet on Henderson but Henderson Insurebet @ 13/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

ff9999 wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions? Four team acc @ 5.5/1.

Norwich v Arsenal (Arsenal)
    City v Newcastle (City)
    Chelsea v Pool (Chelsea)
    Spurs v AV (Spurs)

Arsenal, City & Spurs should come through. Chelsea and Liverpool are both completely off form at the moment, coin toss.

Hoping for Chelsea to do the business :D

inforfun wrote: »
    In Chile later today U de Chile plays U Catolica (wish i could do a card bet there...)
    While over 2,5 for the match isnt great @1.66 i spotted U de Chile to score over 1,5 @2
    U de Chile is on a 26 match unbeaten run. Won 7 out of 8 , scoring 24 goals at home.

A funny stat.In the last 8 games at home in the league they've hit 2 or over,The game before that?A 0-2 loss to U Catolica:pac:

Like the bet though,Might throw it in with AZ -1...

Anyone know of any market for Luis Suarez to be sent off today?If I can't find it might just go for a red @3/1.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And 2 days later U de Chile beat Catolica 4-1 at their place.
    I think this is the Barca/Real, Liverpool/UTD, Inter/Ac of Chile.

U de Chile win is 2.3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

bradlente wrote: »
    Anyone know of any market for Luis Suarez to be sent off today?If I can't find it might just go for a red @3/1.

22/1 with powers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement