Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Nice looking special on the paddy power website for the team to score the most goals in tonights CL fixtures. Real Madrid are 11/4 Bayern Munich are 4/1 United 6/1 City 13/2 etc.

I reckon this one is between Bayern and Madrid to be honest, can't see United putting too many passed a decent Benfica side and City are good but they'll be up against a Napoli side still in contention and also playing away from home.

20 on both Bayern and Madrid would return a minimum profit of 35 euro or max profit of 60 should one of them win.
    ;)
    Real have 31 goals in their last 7 home games in all comps and Bayern have 22 in their last 7

Also another special Player To Score Earliest Match Goal in all CL fixtures tonight, two that catch the eye are : J Hernandez @ 33/1 and M Balotelli @ 40/1 each worth 2 euro I reckon

Link: http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/champions-league-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=84792

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Huge price but Munich an incredibly hard team to beat, they'll want the win to secure 1st and Villareal already out and very little chance of 3rd so they've nothing to play for. Don't think there's any point in backing Villareal in any way.

Munich to win to nil at 10/11 with PP is what I'll be on and more value than that IMO. Best of luck with what ever you go with.

You're right Bayern should win but I couldn't help have a nibble at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Lyon -1 @ 2/1 seems like fantastic value here. Ajax are in a bit of turmoil both on and off the pitch. I know Lyon have lost 2 on the bounce in the league but they generally tend to get up for CL nights especially at home. Ajax have 1 win in 8 in the Dutch league, shocking run of form.

Lyon just to win is decent at 4/5 but Im fancying the -1 @ 2/1

Anyone like CSKA later?7/5 missing their star Doumbia,Also without Akinfeev,Tosic and Gonzalez.But Lille are only travelling over today because of delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Two bets for me tonight, serious stage of the CL Groups now so I reckon the big boys will all get the job done.

Man United @ 4/7

Man United v Benfica
    Match Betting

Bayern Munich @ 1/5

Bayern Munich v Villarreal
    Match Betting

Man City @ 21/20

Napoli v Man City
    Match Betting

Real Madrid @ 1/4 -1

Real Madrid v Dinamo Zagreb
    Match Handicap -1

Total stake € 50.00
    Estimated return € 241.61

And.

CSKA Moscow v Lille
    Match Betting
    CSKA Moscow
    5/4

Lyon v Ajax
    Match Betting
    Lyon 4/5

Otelul Galati v FC Basel
    Match Betting
    FC Basel 5/6

Napoli v Man City
    Match Betting
    Man City
    21/20

Trabzonspor v Inter Milan
    Match Betting
    Inter Milan
    6/4

Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €380.53

Also have a small bet on anytime goalscorers of Rooney, Ronaldo, Aguero, Gomez, Pazzini and Frei @ 70/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Lyon -1 @ 2/1 seems like fantastic value here. Ajax are in a bit of turmoil both on and off the pitch. I know Lyon have lost 2 on the bounce in the league but they generally tend to get up for CL nights especially at home. Ajax have 1 win in 8 in the Dutch league, shocking run of form.

Lyon just to win is decent at 4/5 but Im fancying the -1 @ 2/1

Decent shout. Ajax missing some key players- de Jong and Borrigter, Lyon regaining key players- Lisandro and Bastos

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/65951/olympique-lyonnais-vs-ajax/preview

Odds dropping on CSKA so gone for a bit of a rushed double with City 4/1

Not going near Bayern as they're too short and group c looks too unpredictable for me,Utd have been so poor in Europe so far this season.

My final bets for later are a double of Lyon and Real to win to nil at nearly 2/1.Lyon look a tip in here and I like Real to nil as Zagreb haven't scored yet,Its 8/13 and has a decent shot.

I've also gone big on Inter dnb @5/6-I just think this is fairly generous.

tbh I think I've been fooled into doing that last bet.

Yahoos preview-"In the reverse fixture, Trabzonspor won 1-0 converting their only attempt on target in the game, while Inter didn’t find the net with any of their 19 total shots."

I got my bet on after reading that but according to soccerway they had 7 shots on target in that game!

Don't ever read Yahoo previews I guess is the morale of the story then.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Real to score first 27th min and under looks good at 6/5 to me. They've covered that bet in 9 of their last 10 games and I think they could run riot tonight.

Milan win or draw with 3 or more goals is decent also at 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

CSKA/Lyon Double for me. Around 3/1 iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yardie wrote: »
    Decent shout. Ajax missing some key players- de Jong and Borrigter, Lyon regaining key players- Lisandro and Bastos

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/65951/olympique-lyonnais-vs-ajax/preview
    They have no CFWD available anymore.
    Some guy who usually warms the bench as a midfielder will play up front.
    Long may it last, the misery at ajax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Real to score 27th min and under looks good at 6/5 to me. They've covered that bet in 9 of their last 10 games and I think they could run riot tonight.

Where is this bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

It's score first and it's with Ladbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

cska a good price tonight surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

€50 on Man United/Man City @ 5/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Lille's departure for the game was delayed by fog, forcing them to cancel both their training session and their scheduled press conference on Monday night.

Of greater concern, though, will be the lack of any opportunity to familiarise themselves with the Luzhniki Stadium's artificial pitch until the day of the game.

all over cska

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

It's score first and it's with Ladbrokes

Still can't find this bet, must be going blind!

edit: Found it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Can't see Doumbia in the goalscorer markets. Is he playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

Nope Doumbia is suspended for tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭seathestar

Treble for tonight/tomorrow

Man Utd 8/15
    Arsenal 11/10
    Shakhtar/Porto Over 2.5 Goals 19/20

Pays slightly over 5/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Bet refunded from Estudiante match with pp, thank f**k for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

A good value bet for the Real/ Zagreb game is Zagreb over 3 cards @ 15/4 on williamhill. Real could give Zagreb a real chasing tonight so may be some dodgy tackles flying in as Zagreb try keep score down. Irishman Alan Kelly is reffing. Not gonna go wild on it but definitely worth a small punt as is red card @ 5/1 on pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

A good value bet for the Real/ Zagreb game is Zagreb over 3 cards @ 15/4 on williamhill. Real could give Zagreb a real chasing tonight so may be some dodgy tackles flying in as Zagreb try keep score down. Irishman Alan Kelly is reffing. Not gonna go wild on it but definitely worth a small punt as is red card @ 5/1 on pp.
    Looks good, heres hopin they kick the legs off Ronaldo tonight :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Bet refunded from Estudiante match with pp, thank f**k for that.

I really wasn't expecting to be refunded as i had 0-0 for ht but theres the money back in my account happy days :) i can go lose it on something else instead now:cool:

Liking Yardies bet gna follow,Real are physical too so Zagreb will need to give a bit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Looks a great shout...Kelly is a fair ref (well I think so after all he's from Cork :p) but he is the type of ref to go card happy is he's not respected. His cards look good aswell

http://www.soccerway.com/referees/alan-kelly/44717/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Real Madrid to win nil
    Lyon -1
    CSKA -1
    Bayern Munich

28/1

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

CSKA Moscow win or draw
    Real Madrid -1

CSKA Moscow win or draw
    Inter Milan win or draw
    Man Utd
    @2.82

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

any link for the CSKA game

have CSKA
    lyon
    inter
    Cardiff

20/1

10 beans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Alternative card index Real - Zagreb over 45 points........ @3.2

Having some of that, PP.

Edit: Ronaldo seems to be rested tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement