Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Anyone havin trouble with PP? Cant seem to place a bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

blindpilot wrote: »
    Anyone havin trouble with PP? Cant seem to place a bet.

It's a sign! Save your money!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Balotelli and Hernandez anytime double 6.60 Schweeet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Yardie wrote: »
    A good value bet for the Real/ Zagreb game is Zagreb over 3 cards @ 15/4 on williamhill. Real could give Zagreb a real chasing tonight so may be some dodgy tackles flying in as Zagreb try keep score down. Irishman Alan Kelly is reffing. Not gonna go wild on it but definitely worth a small punt as is red card @ 5/1 on pp.
    Hate to go against Yardie in his backyard, but since we both already had this conversation - not a big fan of this bet, it will be quite one sided match, so Zagreb players can have their heads down, especially without home crowd pilling a pressure on them to get in Real players faces. But have to admit price looks very good...

Yardie - one more thing. Don't you think Robben playing (he should start today) changes outcome in Bayern-Villarreal corners competition? With him and without any width from Villarreal (they were always relying on full backs to do it, but this season they sold Capdevilla and they have defensive minded RB as well) Bayern -3.5 corners could be a better bet than under 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Just done another bet tonight....
    Man city to have more corners than napoli in 1st half

I could be wrong but i see Man City startin strongly tonight to keep the crowd quiet and guarantee qualification . Price is 1/1 on PP
    Havin 50e on it as well as my other bets
    Cska 50e
    Man City + Cska 25 dbl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Balotelli and Hernandez anytime double 6.60 Schweeet

Balotelli probably won't start mate, Dzeko will probably get the nod as he didn't play v Newcastle and Balo did.

Hernandez isn't a nailed on starter either. I'd wait for the line ups.

Blatter wrote: »
    Balotelli probably won't start mate, Dzeko will probably get the nod as he didn't play v Newcastle and Balo did.

Hernandez isn't a nailed on starter either. I'd wait for the line ups.

Balo will start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Really fancy United tonight. 4/7 seems a good price and will be getting seriously involved. We have seen them doing it time & time again at this stage of the competition. I know they have been poor enough so far in Europe but a win tonight sends them through as group winners, so job done. They got a draw in Portugal & should have more than enough to see off Benfica.

Balo will start ;)

We shall see :p

Personally think it will be either

Barry----Toure

Silva

Aguero--Dzeko--Johnson

Or else De Jong in for Johnson and push Silva onto the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

united and lyon to win, city and bayern over 1.5, madrid over 2.5,
    10er pays bout €57
    seems foolproof but something will catch me out, lyon maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Stuck 4 euro on this lower league accumulator to win 318

Cardiff @ 2.00
    Southend @ 2.10
    Scunthorpe @ 1.80
    Birmingham @ 1.72
    Plymouth @ 2.00
    Bromley @ 1.90
    Ayr @ 1.61

And this CL accum, just a euro fifty to win 164

Inter Milan @ 2.62
    Real Madrid-2.5,-3.0 @ 2.075
    Basel @ 1.83
    Over 2.5 Napoli v Man City @ 1.95
    Man Utd @ 1.57
    Lyon @ 1.72
    Bayern Munich-2.0 @ 2.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Stuck 4 euro on this lower league accumulator to win 318

Cardiff @ 2.00
    Southend @ 2.10
    Scunthorpe @ 1.80
    Birmingham @ 1.72
    Plymouth @ 2.00
    Bromley @ 1.90
    Ayr @ 1.61

And this CL accum, just a euro fifty to win 164

Inter Milan @ 2.62
    Real Madrid-2.5,-3.0 @ 2.075
    Basel @ 1.83
    Over 2.5 Napoli v Man City @ 1.95
    Man Utd @ 1.57
    Lyon @ 1.72
    Bayern Munich-2.0 @ 2.00

hope the likes of madrid don't give u a 1nil as they're qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A good value bet for the Real/ Zagreb game is Zagreb over 3 cards @ 15/4 on williamhill. Real could give Zagreb a real chasing tonight so may be some dodgy tackles flying in as Zagreb try keep score down. Irishman Alan Kelly is reffing. Not gonna go wild on it but definitely worth a small punt as is red card @ 5/1 on pp.

I thrown a tenner on at 15/4 seems a great price. Whats the story i presume if a player gets a straight red it would be just 1 card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I thrown a tenner on at 15/4 seems a great price. Whats the story i presume if a player gets a straight red it would be just 1 card?

Red counts as 2 cards, two yellows and a red counts as 3 cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Nuts102 wrote: »

yeah with Hills it is only one card whereas with bet365 and others 1 red =2 cards, 2 yellows =3 cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

can someone explain the difference between -1 and -1.5? i thought they were the same bet. for instance with bet 365 the -1.5 has better odds.

does -1 mean that if the team win by 1 you get your money back, like draw no bet?

"Terrible day for Napoli Marek Hamsik . His pregnant wife Martina has been robbed at gunpoint when armed men stopped her BMW X6 . The vehicle was later abandoned in a near city . Wonder if Marek will rejoin the team which has to play against Manchester City in a few hours !"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭seathestar

madma wrote: »
    can someone explain the difference between -1 and -1.5? i thought they were the same bet. for instance with bet 365 the -1.5 has better odds.

does -1 mean that if the team win by 1 you get your money back, like draw no bet?

If the -1 is asian handicap, yeh you get your money back if the team wins by 1

-1.5 is like a normal -1 handicap, i.e. have to win by at least 2

stingerro wrote: »
    Hate to go against Yardie in his backyard, but since we both already had this conversation - not a big fan of this bet, it will be quite one sided match, so Zagreb players can have their heads down, especially without home crowd pilling a pressure on them to get in Real players faces. But have to admit price looks very good...

Yardie - one more thing. Don't you think Robben playing (he should start today) changes outcome in Bayern-Villarreal corners competition? With him and without any width from Villarreal (they were always relying on full backs to do it, but this season they sold Capdevilla and they have defensive minded RB as well) Bayern -3.5 corners could be a better bet than under 9?

Price is too big here for Zagreb here Stinger. They average just over 3 cards per game in CL so far. I agree that it is by no means a banker and without home crowd on their backs they may bend over and take a stuffing.

Robben back will marginally increase Bayern's corner count but he tends to cut back inside alot and not take his man on outside to cross ball in which usually causes much higher. Bayern average just over 5 corners a game at home this season whereas Villareal average just over 3 away from home. Stats wise 9 or under in better bet than Bayern -3.5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does anyone else think Benfica are far too long? 6.50 11/2 seems crazy really, Utd are scrapping by to win, Benfica are solid with a host of fine players.

They'll probably win 1-0 but you'd have to wonder if objectivity is playing much part in the pricing.

• Advertisement

I have singles done but my Acc for tonight:

Lyon @ 4/5
    Real goal before 26min @ 5/6
    Tamworth @ 4/6
    Napoli/City Over 5.5 cards @ 5/6

Around the 9/1 mark

It would suck if the bet was stuffed before the half hour mark! Not gonna happen tho, I have faith in Real!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

seathestar wrote: »
    If the -1 is asian handicap, yeh you get your money back if the team wins by 1

-1.5 is like a normal -1 handicap, i.e. have to win by at least 2

ah right ive always been confused by it but didnt realise the asian meant that, i just thought thought all handicaps were called asian handicaps ha

mike65 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Benfica are far too long? 6.50 11/2 seems crazy really, Utd are scrapping by to win, Benfica are solid with a host of fine players.

They'll probably win 1-0 but you'd have to wonder if objectivity is playing much part in the pricing.

Benfica are unbeaten in their last 22 games as well.

There's definitely value on them or the draw but saying that I do expect United to get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

R Madrid, bayern and united to win:

€10 returns €20.42 with pp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Going for:
    Man Utd, Cardiff & Draw (Double Chance), Over 45 Points (Cards) in Madrid game, and Munich -1!

Anyone think Southend @ 11/10 is a great price? Preston are in freefall, I know there is a division difference but in terms of quality League One and Two aren't that far apart. I like Southend here.

XI Real Madrid: Adán, Lass, Varane, Ramos, Coentrao, Sahin, Alonso, Callejón, Ozil, Benzema e Higuaín.

No Ronaldo, hopefuly doesnt come off bench so I get hattrick stake back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

All 4 english teams to win @ 16/1. Was worth €1.63 to me.

My Champions' League bet for tonight too
    €1 on
    CSKA
    Munich (-1)
    United
    Madrid (-1)
    Basel.
    Returns €9.34

Are you sure that is official? Seems a tad early for team news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

yeah with Hills it is only one card whereas with bet365 and others 1 red =2 cards, 2 yellows =3 cards

Apologies Nuts didn't know Hills differed from Bet365.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement