Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The corner handicap in the united game was only bet to work for me. Broke even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

The corner handicap in the united game was only bet to work for me. Broke even!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

DaveM80 wrote: »
    Anyone know a reason why my Balotelli to score 2 bet was made void and stake returned?

Not complaining obviously but same thing happened on my Balotelli to score 2 on saturday and just thought it was a match special i didnt notice.

not sure about tonight, but at the weekend you got your money back as the deal was "if your player scores the second goal all first goalscorer bets are returned" might have been same tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Anyone know a reason why my Balotelli to score 2 bet was made void and stake returned?

Not complaining obviously but same thing happened on my Balotelli to score 2 on saturday and just thought it was a match special i didnt notice.

Not sure but you must've been livid... Watching the highlights here and he had 3 or 4 clear cut chances to get a second!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

bradlente wrote: »
    None of my bets came in.****.

Sums it up perfect Bradlente ........LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

clearodara wrote: »
    Nice looking special on the paddy power website for the team to score the most goals in tonights CL fixtures. Real Madrid are 11/4 Bayern Munich are 4/1 United 6/1 City 13/2 etc.

I reckon this one is between Bayern and Madrid to be honest, can't see United putting too many passed a decent Benfica side and City are good but they'll be up against a Napoli side still in contention and also playing away from home.

20 on both Bayern and Madrid would return a minimum profit of 35 euro or max profit of 60 should one of them win.
    ;)
    Real have 31 goals in their last 7 home games in all comps and Bayern have 22 in their last 7

Also another special Player To Score Earliest Match Goal in all CL fixtures tonight, two that catch the eye are : J Hernandez @ 33/1 and M Balotelli @ 40/1 each worth 2 euro I reckon

Link: http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/champions-league-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=84792

Thank you madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

AdrianII wrote: »
    not sure about tonight, but at the weekend you got your money back as the deal was "if your player scores the second goal all first goalscorer bets are returned" might have been same tonight

yeah seen something like that but never seen it for having someone to score 2,

Ah well, not gonna complain :)

IrishKev wrote: »
    Not sure but you must've been livid... Watching the highlights here and he had 3 or 4 clear cut chances to get a second!!

yeah screwed me over in a couple. Had him in a double with berbatov aswell, as in balo to score 2. That was also returned.

I think i'll just keep betting on him to score 2 until either i win or they stop giving it back to me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Well, that was a diabolical night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Real to score first 27th min and under looks good at 6/5 to me. They've covered that bet in 9 of their last 10 games and I think they could run riot tonight.

Never in doubt. Hope a few of ye followed. Did it with Bayern-1. Lovely stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Every champions league team to score @ 75-1.

I know, not very likely but then again what 75-1 bet is. Worth a fiver. :)

Unlucky, Ajax game was a bore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Disastrous night

Unlucky, Ajax game was a bore

Was getting my hopes up towards then end especially when Zagreb got one.
    Ah well theres always tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Worst night i've had in a long time betting wise. Gotta regroup and get back on for tomorrow night.

Zenit vs Apoel 60 points or more @ 11/5 on Paddy Power. Very nice price. 85 points in first tie between sides. Apoel been racking up cards in most of their game. Huge tie for both sides, Let's hope it's the panacea to heal tonight's wounds in the early game.

Felix Brych in charge http://www.soccerway.com/referees/felix-brych/44615/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Yardie wrote: »
    Worst night i've had in a long time betting wise. Gotta regroup and get back on for tomorrow night.

Zenit vs Apoel 60 points or more @ 11/5 on Paddy Power. Very nice price. 85 points in first tie between sides. Apoel been racking up cards in most of their game. Huge tie for both sides, Let's hope it's the panacea to heal tonight's wounds in the early game.

Felix Brych in charge http://www.soccerway.com/referees/felix-brych/44615/

PP price changed to 6/4 60 pts or more and
    12/5 alternative 65pts or more in the 40 minutes since your post Yardie.

No other bookies have priced up cards on oddschecker.
    I'd hardly say this is a big betting market that they would be taking bets
    on the night before.

I wonder are they watching this thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

RVP
    4/1 FGS
    11/10 Anytime
    13/5 Insurebet

robbie1977 wrote: »
    PP price changed to 6/4 60 pts or more and
    12/5 alternative 65pts or more in the 40 minutes since your post Yardie.

No other bookies have priced up cards on oddschecker.
    I'd hardly say this is a big betting market that they would be taking bets
    on the night before.

I wonder are they watching this thread now.

Yeah I noticed that. There was a brief arb opportunity with under 5.5 on bet365 @ 4/6 but wasn't quick enough to get on. Got 50 on the 60 or more though. 65 or more @ 12/5 is still decent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PP enhanced odds double for tomorrows CL games. Arsenal, Barca double 3/1

Yeah I noticed that. There was a brief arb opportunity with under 5.5 on bet365 @ 4/6 but wasn't quick enough to get on. Got 50 on the 60 or more though. 65 or more @ 12/5 is still decent value.

Ah I'd say it was the arb then.
    they cut the odds to 6/4 to cancel the 4/6 by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Thinking of going big on Arsenal win tomorrow once RvP starts at 11/10 @ PP . Dortmunds away form in The groups has been poor with a 3-0 and 3-1 losses against marseille and olympiakos.

Lookna decent bet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,175 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

van Bommel to be booked tomorrow seems a good bet

Headshot wrote: »
    van Bommel to be booked tomorrow seems a good bet

If he starts then definitely, however on bench in recent weeks. Ambrosini starting latley and he quite good option for card instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Fizbo wrote: »
    Thinking of going big on Arsenal win tomorrow once RvP starts at 11/10 @ PP . Dortmunds away form in The groups has been poor with a 3-0 and 3-1 losses against marseille and olympiakos.

Lookna decent bet ?
    Dortmund looks much better than a few weeks ago, they finally are starting to resemble a team which won a Bundesliga last season. Their win against Bayern wasn't fluke, they were at least on hosts level.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

stingerro wrote: »
    Fizbo wrote: »

Lookna decent bet ?
    Dortmund looks much better than a few weeks ago, they finally are starting to resemble a team which won a Bundesliga last season. Their win against Bayern wasn't fluke, they were at least on hosts level.

ah right . Ye I didn't see the game myself against Bayern , but having second thoughts if they put it up to Bayern.

But in saying that Arsenal are on form atm

Free money alert
    Arsenal vs Dortmund:

Alternative card index: Back 50 points or more @ 15/8. Max Bet €243 pays €455 profit.

Then Back under 4.5 cards @ 8/11 on Bet365. €390 pays €283 profit

If 50 or more points then €65 profit with PP. If under 4.5 cards comes in then €40 profit with bet 365

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Not really fancying a whole lot tomorrow so just going with this as a bit of a long shot.

Robin van Persie @ 5/1

Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund
    To Score 2+ Goals

Roberto Soldado @ 9/4
    Valencia v Genk
    First Goalscorer

Loic Remy To Score And Marseille To Win @ 7/5
    Marseille v Olympiakos
    Score And Win

Total stake € 10.00
    Estimated return € 468.00

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Over 2.5 @ 5/6
    Valencia v Genk
    Home Goals U/O 2.5

Barcelona @ 4/5
    AC Milan v Barcelona
    Match Betting

Marseille @ 4/7
    Marseille v Olympiakos
    Match Betting

Total stake € 5.00
    Estimated return € 25.93

Free money alert
    Arsenal vs Dortmund:

Alternative card index: Back 50 points or more @ 15/8. Max Bet €243 pays €455 profit.

If 50 or more points then €65 profit with PP. If under 4.5 cards comes in then €40 profit with bet 365

Anyone doing this check your deposit limit with both bookies before hand.
    mine was set at 250 with bet365 without me ever asking for that so they must of set it at that originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

Free money alert
    Arsenal vs Dortmund:

What happens if there is two yellows and one red?
    I think that would be 4.5 cards and none of the above would win...
    Bookies wouldn't give money away

• Advertisement

colly54 wrote: »
    What happens if there is two yellows and one red?
    I think that would be 4.5 cards and none of the above would win...
    Bookies wouldn't give money away

Im nearly sure Bet365 class a red as 2 cards so that would be 4 cards.

maybe someone can clarify l'll try and find rules.
    l wont sleep easy now.
    pp definatley 10 for yellow 25 red and 35 is max for 1 player
    can get

best bet would be 2 reds and both be winners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement