Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

any ideas about the CA Tigre v Atletico Rafaela game in the argentina primera :confused:

thought it was 10.30 kick off was going to do tigre -1 @16/5

• Registered Users Posts: 54,175 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Borussia Dortmund v Schalke 04

Looking at Schalke previous games. Jones is very card happy

unibet have him at 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

ff9999 wrote: »
    Also, Sturridge & Long & Adebayor anytime goalscorers for the Sat 15:00 KO @ 12/1

Man City -1 @ 4/1 looks tempting but is it being too brave against Liverpool?

Even though City are clearly the better team, I don't expect Liverpool to lose at the weekend. We're in decent form and we're always a tough nut to crack at Anfield. We don't concede too many either. Throw in City playing midweek and possibly being a little demoralized following their defeat and I think -1 is asking a little too much. Back City to win if you wish but I wouldn't go near -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Private forum, live thread now!

edit, game pulled nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

After hearing about the unlucky and great Accumulators last week I decided to have a little one myself

Norwich v QPR - Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Sunderland v Wigan - Over 2.5 @ 10/11
    Arsenal v Fulham - Arsenal @ 4/9
    Cardiff v Nottingham Forest - Cardiff @ 21/20
    Portsmouth v Leicester - Leicester @ 6/4
    Bristol City v Southampton - Southampton @ 19/20
    Sheff Wed v Leyton Orient - Sheff Wed @ 8/11
    Southend v Bristol Rovers - Southend @ 4/6
    Rochdale v Brentford - Brentford @ 17/10

Stake : €3.25

Estimated Returns : €1253.10 (384.56/1)

Also do 0.75 eightfold.............Only seven will probably win now :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Went

Newcastle +2 - United not going great at the moment.Think NCastle wil make this a tight game, their defense has been reasonably solid, think United will have to play much better then they have recently to beat the handicap.

Bolton +1 Bolton @ home against Everton and are underdogs. I don't have much reasoning here other then that Everton are by no means world beaters and Bolton at home are relitively decent and think they have enough for at least a draw.

Grimsby (1/2) I'm sure this is well explained at this stage. I got them at 7/5 which I'm delighted with and the handicapp @ 10/3. The more I read, the more confident I am they will win. At the time of putting them into this accumalator they are 1/2

The above treble comes in @ a bit over 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What price was Newcastle, i'd tend to agree with you on that one

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

Even though City are clearly the better team, I don't expect Liverpool to lose at the weekend. We're in decent form and we're always a tough nut to crack at Anfield. We don't concede too many either. Throw in City playing midweek and possibly being a little demoralized following their defeat and I think -1 is asking a little too much. Back City to win if you wish but I wouldn't go near -1.

Interesting to see how City react to the Napoli defeat too. After their defeat to Munich they hammered Blackburn away that weekend 4-0, and the famous 6-1 in Old Trafford came at the end of a Champions League week

Liverpool will be very tough opposition and it's unlikely but I've gone for it in a cheeky double ;)

Man City -1
    Man United v Newcastle BTTS
    @ 8.5/1

Audax Italiano v Universidad de Chile

Chile will most likely rest the whole team because of the vasco game midweek (they did it against Univ. Católica)

Im hoping to read some previews before I jump on the home team but its looking a very interesting bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Gone for this accum for tomorrow,stranger things have happened

Stoke v Blackburn
    Total Goals U/O 2.5 Over 2.5 4/5
    Bolton v Everton
    Both Teams To Score Yes 4/6
    Norwich v Q.P.R.
    Total Goals U/O 2.5 Over 2.5 5/6
    Bristol City v Southampton
    Total Goals U/O 2.5 Over 2.5 5/6
    Peterborough v Middlesbrough
    Total Goals U/O 2.5 Over 2.5 8/13
    Kettering Town v Grimsby
    Half Time/Full Time Grimsby - Grimsby 6/5
    Man United v Newcastle
    Both Teams To Score Yes EVS
    Total stake €3.00
    Estimated return €215.01

Small stakes as all my cash tied up on Grimsby @ 6/5:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Bets for the weekend:

Prem:

Sunderland/Wigan- Over 11 Asian corners @9/10
    All of Sunderlands home games this season have had 11 or more corners. Sun ave 5.8 corners p/g at home. 5/6 of Wigans away games 11 or more corners.. Wigan ave 6.3 corners p/g away.

Liverpool/Man City- Over 10.5 corners@ 5/6. 4/6 Pool home game 11 or more corners 4/6 City away games 11 or more. Pool average 9 corners p/g at home. City average 5.6 corners p/g away. Liverpool have won corner match bet by a minimum of 3 corners every home game this season so Pool -11 corner handicap defo worth a punt too.

Championship:
    Over 12 Asian corners @ evens- West Ham/Derby
    Both teams average over 13 corners p/g h/a. West Ham average 7.6 p/g at home. Derby ave 5 p/g away.

Over 11.5 Asian corners @ 9/10 -Peterboro/Middlesboro
    7 of PBoro's home games have had 12 or more corners. PBoro average 7.8 corners p/g at hme.
    MBoro average 6.3 corners p/g away. 4/8 games over 11.5 corners

La Liga:
    Barca/Getafe over 5.5 cards @ evens on Bet365. Getafe over 3 cards@ 5/6 on WilliamHill. 5 out of 6 of Getafe's home games have had 80 8 cards or more. Getafe average 4 cards per game at home.

Also consider: Levante/Gijon over 6.5 cards
    Bilbao win and Bilbao -3.5 corner handicap
    Zaragoza/Sevilla unders 10 Asian corners over 6.5 cards
    Malaga/Villareal under 10 Asian corners @ evens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭seathestar

Rayo Vallecano V Valencia

Roberto Soldado is bang in form with 8 goals in Primera League this season. After his hattrick midweek and a brace against Real last weekend, i thought 7/5 Anytime and in particular 2 or more goals 8/1 both PP were good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

seathestar wrote: »
    Rayo Vallecano V Valencia

Roberto Soldado is bang in form with 8 goals in Primera League this season. After his hattrick midweek and a brace against Real last weekend, i thought 7/5 Anytime and in particular 2 or more goals 8/1 both PP were good value.
    1) Soldado isn't 100% confirmed to play
    2) I am guessing, but I think checking out would confirm my words his goals (especially when scoring brace or hat trick) were done at Mestalla
    3) Vallecano this season is proving to be a quite stubborn team to beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭seathestar

stingerro wrote: »
    1) Soldado isn't 100% confirmed to play
    2) I am guessing, but I think checking out would confirm my words his goals (especially when scoring brace or hat trick) were done at Mestalla
    3) Vallecano this season is proving to be a quite stubborn team to beat.

Your right about being at the Mestalla! Just thought in his current form he has to be brimming with confidence that hes worth a small interest at the price, dont generally do goalscorers bets.
    Looking at Vallecano i see what ya mean they have kept things tight at home but have yet to come up against 1 of the big 3 so it will b interesting to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

Ok heres my long shot bet for tomorrows premiership games:

Stoke Vs Blackburn Stoke
    Sunderland Vs Wigan Sunderland
    Norwich Vs QPR QPR
    Man Utd Vs Newcastle Newcastle+2
    Chelsea Vs Wolves Wolves+3
    Bolton Vs Everton Bolton+1
    WestBrom Vs Spurs Spurs
    Arsenal Vs Fulham Arsenal

@98-1

Oh and come on GRIMSBY!!

Southend @ 4/6
    Win-Draw-Win
    Southend v Bristol Rovers

MK Dons @ 4/9
    Win-Draw-Win
    MK Dons v Wycombe

West Ham @ 4/9
    Win-Draw-Win
    West Ham v Derby

treble, a pretty safe treble I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gonna go back to an old favourite with the over 1.5 goals market for tomorrow. Mixing it up between the english leagues...

Bristol City/Soton, Bury/Preston, Rotherham/Crawley, Gateshead/Fleetwood, Braintree/Wrexham, Norwich/QPR and Bolton/Everton.. Accum comes to 3.15/1

Game starts in 15 minutes, will be available In Play on bet365. From BettingAdvice forum:
    Delta Tulcea with 9 players unavaible.

Snagov it's good but they are used to fix matches still i think they will take the match serious becouse everybody it's with the eyes on them! x2 could be a good choice
    Snagov +0.5 is 14/10, DNB is 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Newcastle @ 9/1 is just too big.

Worth a small bit

Yardie wrote: »

Liverpool/Man City- Over 10.5 corners@ 5/6. 4/6 Pool home game 11 or more corners 4/6 City away games 11 or more. Pool average 9 corners p/g at home. City average 5.6 corners p/g away. Liverpool have won corner match bet by a minimum of 3 corners every home game this season so Pool -11 corner handicap defo worth a punt too.
    No cards bet? Atkinson is the referee.

Also even with Halsey in charge I can't believe Stoke-Blackburn match line is 3 cards and Stoke is 8/5 to get over 1,5 cards. Hopefully they will concede first and maybe I will take it In Play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

Snagov 1-0 down after 6mins... took a small bet on them at 29.00 just for the crack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

FOXFISH1 wrote: »
    Snagov 1-0 down after 6mins... took a small bet on them at 29.00 just for the crack

1 all, go wan Snagov

EDIT: woo, 4-1, thanks Stringerro
    what a way to start the Day haha

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

Spurs -0.5 are 1.975 on bet365... that seems like amazingly good odds for a team in such red hot form at the moment..... taking some of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

brisbane roar 4-0 up at ht,20 on over 5.5 brisbane goals 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

Southend @ 4/6
    Sheff Utd @ 19/20
    MK Dons @ 4/9
    Southampton @ 4/5
    Arsenal @ 1/2
    Sheff Wed @ 4/6
    Man Utd @ 2/5
    Norwich @ 5/4
    Stoke @ 5/6

€13.00 = Potential Return = €1,585.96

stingerro wrote: »
    Game starts in 15 minutes, will be available In Play on bet365. From BettingAdvice forum: Snagov +0.5 is 14/10, DNB is 4/1.
    Not bad - 5 minutes to the end is 1:4 :D. So let's try a similar source for a game which starts... of course in 15 minutes:
    wow Bet365 offering good odds for dinamo II overazzo...must try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone else think Schalke can get something from Dortmund game?

Anyone got team news i know Bender and Goetze went off injured on Wednesday night against Arsenal which will losses to them if they haven't recovered plus the fact that on the last four occassions that Schackle have come to Dortmund they left with something 2 draws and 2 wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

seanhynes wrote: »
    brisbane roar 4-0 up at ht,20 on over 5.5 brisbane goals 6/5

epic fail,commentators lured me in at ht... quality shout on that romanian bet foxfish

user2011 wrote: »
    Anyone else think Schalke can get something from Dortmund game?

Anyone got team news i know Bender and Goetze went off injured on Wednesday night against Arsenal which will losses to them if they haven't recovered plus the fact that on the last four occassions that Schackle have come to Dortmund they left with something 2 draws and 2 wins.
    Kicker lists Gotze as starting XI player, Bender is excluded from the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Arsenal, Spurs and both teams to score in the Norwich - QPR game looks a good bet and at 3.63/1 is surely worth a bet.
    Nice crisp 50 landed, returns €231.29

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement