Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Victor Chandler closed my account after Grimsby

That because of a winning streak?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

how much did you have on the game? such a joke that they do tht so often

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bonescap wrote: »
    how much did you have on the game? such a joke that they do tht so often
    Vanbis wrote: »
    That because of a winning streak?

Not a streak, only opened it last week, I think it might have something to do with the big move in odds, accounts that get on early may be flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,173 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Gone for a single

Ibra to score and Milan to win @ Evens

Last bet for the night, not bothering with the Chile match since the drop on odds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Not a streak, only opened it last week, I think it might have something to do with the big move in odds, accounts that get on early may be flagged.

That's disgraceful, the fact they get away with it. With live betting they all bookmakers have a 10/15 second delay to me that is deceiving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

What a losers... Stolen from BettingAdvice forum:
    Dear Sir,

Your wager was accepted at 08:34:50 and the goal was scored at 08:35:17.

Therefore your wager was cancelled correctly based on the results of a danger zone.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Department
    Pinnacle Sports

I have placed the bet when there was no danger at all, when Liverpool started from midfield after recieving a goal...
    Goal cam quite as a surprise, no dangerous situation at all, shot from 30 meters, deflected, so I dont get them...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Arsenal :mad:

1 Arsenal Arsenal v Fulham
    (Full Time Result) 26/11/2011 None 1.44 Lost
    2 Draw Man Utd v Newcastle
    (Full Time Result) 26/11/2011 None 4.50 Won
    3 Draw Swansea v Aston Villa
    (Full Time Result) 27/11/2011 None 3.25 Won
    4 Chelsea Chelsea v Wolverhampton
    (Full Time Result) 26/11/2011 None 1.22 Won
    Multiples
    Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Win Returns
    4 Folds 1 3.00 3.00 74.46

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    Bets for today as touched on briefly before:

Levante vs Gijon over 6.5 cards::mad:
    Ref is this beaut
    http://www.soccerway.com/referees/jos-paradas-romero/63238/
    5 red cards in last 6 games

Liverpool vs City: Liverpool -1 corner hc @ 11/10 betfred:D
    over 10.5 corners @ 4/5 VC:D
    Charlie Adam to be shown a card at 2/1 Skybet:mad:
    Micah Richards man of the match 20/1 PP :confused:

Bilbao: Llorrente anytime @ evens:mad:
    Bilbao -3.5 corner HC:D

Milan: Ibrahimovic anytime @ 6/5 on betfair. Still in search of 100th Serie A goal. Essential bet.:D:D:D

Pretty good day.

Lucas got motm.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I dont know how Adam didn't get booked today but good stuff Yardie

• Advertisement

Lucas got motm.......

yeah he was 25/1. Richards was a poor choice.:o Wouldve require a herculean effort for him to get m-o-m at anfield

Derek! wrote: »
    I dont know how Adam didn't get booked today but good stuff Yardie

Thanks man, hope you got a taste.

Ican't complain too much he didnt have much to do as Silva never got into game and Nasri was anonymous so Adam only needed to go in for 1/2 tackles. The one that is more frustrating is the Levante one as there was plenty of cards and niggle in game for 70 mins and then nothing..will get em both again..the pricks.

I sure did, and it was brilliant cause I managed to get my losses back from lumpin on overs in the City match

Derek! wrote: »
    I sure did, and it was brilliant cause I managed to get my losses back from lumpin on overs in the City match

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

thanks Yardie, made me nice bit this weekend- owe you a pint

could have been more as i thought i'd clicked on Ibrahimavic Anytime and Ac Milan to Win, but accidentally clicked for him to be FGS and Ac to Win.. didn't notice until i went to check there a minute ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Livid at myself... as I took Athletic -5 corners bet In Play when they were 3:1 up. Stupid, stupid decision :mad:, once again didn't have time to think this over properly when working. Got too carried away with my basketball win as well.

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for a single

Ibra to score and Milan to win @ Evens

Last bet for the night, not bothering with the Chile match since the drop on odds

Get in there

Great weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Went and had a look at the teams for the Audux game Headshot. Seems you were right, not one player that played in the last game against Vasco is playing tonight, in preperation for the repeat leg on wednesday.

If this website is correct.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast/_/id/322291?cc=5739

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good man Ibra!

__

Boca match coming up very shortly -

0-0 @ 13/2, small bet.
    Boca @ 13/10 ,main bet and playing it a tad safe instead of the usual Win to Nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭paulisagayboy

shocksy wrote: »
    I emailed today and literally got the same answer back as the email telling me my account was closed,

They said it was a senior traders decision on the grounds of business and that for those reasons my account was been closed reverting me back to the terms and conditions of the website when i joined up blah blah blah and that there is no appeal as their decision is final.

All this because i placed a €20 bet last week on a team in the romanian league, it lost, then got the €20 free bet for signing up, that won at just over evens, so got €21 back as you dont get the free stake returned, so i put the €21 on Grimbsy @ 20/21.

Next day received the email saying my account was closed, and that the Grimbsy bet stands and if it wins they will forward the winnings to my payment method, well i will be watching to make sure they do credit me with the winnings as Grimbsy won, what a shower of w*nks.

I had similar bets but didnt even get that one on the romanian league on in time- so the only bet i placed with them was on grimsby! so account was closed for 1 bet= ****! gonna open a new account and make it my mission to fleece them!:D

• Advertisement

Yardie what ya think of cards in the Malaga v Villarreal match

This is the ref http://www.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

Yardie what ya think of cards in the Malaga v Villarreal match

This is the ref http://www.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

I'm a big fan of this ref but unfortunately Malaga have the best discipline in La Liga this season. They have only 14 cards in 12 games and average just a card a game at home. Half of Malaga's cards are split between Toulalan and Duda so if they might be worth a look if you can get a good price. 5/2 for Toulalan on Unibet is decent.

Villareal's discipline is pretty poor and have a good few candidates for cards so if you can do team cards it would be a far better option than total match points. Villareal over 3 cards @ 6/5 on William Hill looks a good option.
    Player wise Musacchio has earned me a couple of wins in recent weeks so I'll be on him at 17/10.

Under 10 corners is another one i'm gonna go for in this.

What do you reckon about Cazorla anytime goalscorer? No goal in last 8 games would suggest 5/3 is poor value but up against old club could be big factor.

Great picking this weekend btw.

Yardie wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of this ref but unfortunately Malaga have the best discipline in La Liga this season. They have only 14 cards in 12 games and average just a card a game at home. Half of Malaga's cards are split between Toulalan and Duda so if they might be worth a look if you can get a good price. 5/2 for Toulalan on Unibet is decent.

Villareal's discipline is pretty poor and have a good few candidates for cards so if you can do team cards it would be a far better option than total match points. Villareal over 3 cards @ 6/5 on William Hill looks a good option.
    Player wise Musacchio has earned me a couple of wins in recent weeks so I'll be on him at 17/10.

Under 10 corners is another one i'm gonna go for in this.

What do you reckon about Cazorla anytime goalscorer? No goal in last 8 games would suggest 5/3 is poor value but up against old club could be big factor.

Great picking this weekend btw.

I learn from the best ;)

I had a look at villarreal team past games and Soriano pops up with the cards to like your friend Musacchio

I wouldnt go near betting on any Villarreal player to score, they have been very poor

I do like your "Villareal over 3 cards @ 6/5 on William Hill" pity pp dont have markets like that

I learn from the best ;)

I had a look at villarreal team past games and Soriano pops up with the cards to like your friend Musacchio

I wouldnt go near betting on any Villarreal player to score, they have been very poor

I do like your "Villareal over 3 cards @ 6/5 on William Hill" pity pp dont have markets like that

Cheers.

Soriano has been loose in recent weeks so again with a decent price would be well worth a punt.

Villareal have been very poor without Rossi and co so maybe the most obvious bet is staring right at us. Malaga win @ 3/4. Their only dropped points at home were against Real Madrid.

Plenty to ponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any opinions on:

AC Omonia Nicosia
    Malaga
    Over 2.5 Goals Cambuur Leeuwarden -v- Almere City

2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Since I haven't had much luck recently, I'm gonna try a little experiment based only on the odds for these games:

Slavia Prague to win by exactly 1 goal
    Targu Mures to win by exactly 1 goal
    Gaz Metan to win by exactly 1 goal
    Vitoria Guimaraes to win by exactly 1 goal

2/4 accum, I need at least 2 of those to come in to get some money. €6 returns up to €60.

Also, under 2.5 in the Slavia, Targu & Gaz matches @4.14

Gonna start my own experiment soon, could be interesting

I'm thinkin about askin for odds on this fella below to get booked today.
    14 appearances and 7 yellows http://www.soccerway.com/players/adam-bodzek/16460/
    It's a big game aswell as Fortuna can go top with a win so hopefully if the odds are good he gets stuck in.

Vit Guimaraes v Vitoria Setubal

They like their cards in this match

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/11/28/portugal/portuguese-liga-/vitoria-guimaraes/vitoria-setubal/1130767/head2head/

Also its a derby :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just looking at the fixtures today. Seems a lot of games today are touch n go with not many points between either side or form isn't clear-cut, looking at Portugal, Bundesliga II, Ligue 2, Eerste Divisie and Seria B. You can say the same for some of the bets I like today as well in fairness.

Bursaspor @ evens. This lot do not score many goals. Last 5 games they are undefeated but they have only won a single game, scoring 1 goal in 3 of those 5 games. Under 2.5 @ 8/11 looks the play here as their opponents are one place from the bottom of the table and don't score many themselves but they do score a goal in most games. They have lost 3 games on the bounce as well.
    Might be worth considering for an accum or a small single, double, etc.

Malaga @ 3/4. Malaga have looked a lot better as of late and are now 6th in the table after a slow start. Undefeated in their last 4 matches, with 3 wins. 8 goals and 2 conceded, 3 of those goals scored were in the Copa del Rey though. Villarreal I have no idea what to make of them, even without Rossi they are still a talented bunch of players there and in fairness to them while their form has been horribly patchy, they aren't far off Sevilla in 5th place. What really swings this for me is the home form vs away form of both sides and for that reason alone, I'm gonna back the home side tonight though... but wouldn't be surprised if this was a high scoring draw at the same time.

Charlton vs Huddersfield is another game that interests me but for goalscorer bets. Match is very hard to call based on form, only a single defeat combined, Charlton losing away to Swindon and Huddersfield undefeated in League 1. Charton are the home side though, and have been scoring for fun. Wright Phillips (14 goals in 17 games) doing the business for them and likewise Rhodes for Huddersfield (13 goals in 14 games). Overs probably is the bet to go with here though. Need to give this one a little think before deciding what to go with. BWP anytime @ 11/10 and Rhodes anytime @ 13/10.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement