Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Derek! wrote: »
    Lads do yas think there's money to be made from layin Torres to score anytime?

He doesn't get many these days.

If there's anybody worth laying like that, out of all the teams in the league with deluded fans who think "maybe this week", it's Torres.

That's not to say laying him is worth it. Just saying you've picked the right person, IMO, if that tactic can produce the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Thanks, I might give it a go for a while with small stakes if the price is right.
    Liverpool must laugh about how they got 50 million for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

They'd probably laugh harder if they didn't waste 35m of it on Carroll. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

As I am the only Polish representative here Ade sent me a PM regarding today's LKS vs Legia match and I thought maybe I will post it here, as there could be some interest in this game.

Legia of course is in great form at the moment (eliminating Spartak in Europe League is a big achievement) and LKS is shambles of club, but two things are worrying me big time.

1st - Wisla and Slask lost their games this weekend, both playing weak opponents (both were at home as well) and both this teams were playing in european competition as well. Polish teams are still struggling to play 2 games in one week.

2nd - LKS have two veteran forwards in Mieciel and Saganowski, who are a long time Legia players. I can see both trying to hurt Legia and I still remember Mieciel around 12 years ago, when he went on loan from Legia to LKS and scored 2 goals fpr 2:1 win for team from Lodz.

On the contrary - Manu and RAdovic will be back in action, as both were suspended for Spartak game. Both are in really good form. Legia also looked impressive in 3:1 win at Cracovia a while back.

I won't make any bet probably (but since I'm running a big "Tailing Experiment" (placed 90 bets around last 3 days) it can change, when I see a good looking bet around. Definitely I will be watching it, so in live bet is a possibility. Of course I will try to keep you informed about the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Not much for today.
    Just had a look at Emmen - Oss in Holland.
    Should have enough goals in that one to cover over 2,5 or even 3,5.

Then a couple of the usual Nordic suspects HJK, KR Reijkjavik, Rosenborg

And i suppose Shamrock will be living on a cloud after last week and want to show something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

This for the interest, Looks solid. (don't they all)

Benfica @ 8/15
    FH Hafnarfjordur @ 17/20
    HJK Helsinki @ 1/2
    Wrexham @ 11/10
    Cottbus @ 7/5

Five-Folds, 1 bet * €11.80

Returns €250

inforfun wrote: »
    Not much for today.
    Just had a look at Emmen - Oss in Holland.
    Should have enough goals in that one to cover over 2,5 or even 3,5.
    Will take some of that, went also for Rosenborg (-1).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just let ye if anyone is going to back Sporting Lisbon in the future to be weary.

They were awful at home last night to Maritimo. Their defense looked very shaky and they gave the ball away far too easily. I cant remember them stringing 3 passes together in second half and they looked bit clueless at times.

Would leave them out of Accums for while anyway

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just let ye if anyone is going to back Sporting Lisbon in the future to be weary.

They were awful at home last night to Maritimo. Their defense looked very shaky and they gave the ball away far too easily. I cant remember them stringing 3 passes together in second half and they looked bit clueless at times.

Would leave them out of Accums for while anyway

When i saw their buys from Holland during the summer, Schaars en Van Wolfswinkel i already knew to stay away from them.
    They are ok players but of no use if you want to challenge Benfica and Porto in your league.

In play bet - over 3,5 goals in Jeonbuk vs Chungbuk match, yes, it's woman football ;). Just saw comedy defending by the hosts (favourites to win) for 1st goal, hopefully it will be more stuff like this. Pace is crazy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Taking time of second goal in the above game before 40th minute at 1/1

Taking time of second goal in the above game before 40th minute at 1/1
    Well done, too bad I didn't follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

stingerro wrote: »
    Well done, too bad I didn't follow.

Going in again time of 3rd before 44mins

stingerro wrote: »
    In play bet - over 3,5 goals in Jeonbuk vs Chungbuk match, yes, it's woman football ;). Just saw comedy defending by the hosts (favourites to win) for 1st goal, hopefully it will be more stuff like this. Pace is crazy as well.
    Went for over 4.5 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

baraca wrote: »
    This for the interest, Looks solid. (don't they all)

Benfica @ 8/15
    FH Hafnarfjordur @ 17/20
    HJK Helsinki @ 1/2
    Wrexham @ 11/10
    Cottbus @ 7/5

Going to follow you on this except for one pick.

I really fancy a bet on Barcelona this evening but Villaareal are decent. I will wait until the team news but might go for Barcelona 4-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

carlcon wrote: »
    They'd probably laugh harder if they didn't waste 35m of it on Carroll. :o
    Very true, I'm not sure what made Liverpool think he was worth that much!
    Anyway, hopefully this thread can be as profitable today as it was yesterday.

My only bet so far will be over 3.5 goals in the York City and Alfreton town match @ 7/4.
    I'm basically hopin for another hammerin for Alfreton Town, who are dead last in their league with only 2 points away to 3rd place York.

Vanbis wrote: »
    Going to follow you on this except for one pick.

I really fancy a bet on Barcelona this evening but Villaareal are decent. I will wait until the team news but might go for Barcelona 4-0.

Any reason why? you have me worried now! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

baraca wrote: »
    Any reason why? you have me worried now! :pac:

Nope, just never heard of them before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,182 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

barca are missing most of their back line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Good shout on the 4.5 over on that women's game lads... i was late getting on so can't celebrate... but YET another win here it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Just going to do a single on Benfica today @ 8/15 (be warned they have drawn there last 2 away in the league but should have plenty in reserve)
    And a double of Benfica and Barca (2/9) both to win.
    Keeping it tight, dont want to blow all my winning from yesterday:D

Vanbis wrote: »
    Nope, just never heard of them before :)

Your not alone there.

Keano! wrote: »
    Good shout on the 4.5 over on that women's game lads... i was late getting on so can't celebrate... but YET another win here it seems!
    Appreciated it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lads, Copehnagen Reserves are 2-0 ahead after 8 min away to Lyngby. Stuck 20 on -2 for the first half @ 6/5 there

Lads, Copehnagen Reserves are 2-0 ahead after 8 min away to Lyngby. Stuck 20 on -2 for the first half @ 6/5 there
    Don't have this option. Went for over 5 goals, around 1.85.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Followed you on this, got it at 7/5 heres hoping.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

On this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Not one for betting in the lower leagues but like this wee double

York City v Alfreton Town
    York 3rd against Alferton bottom

Thurrock v Welling United
    Welling top against Thurrock bottom

York 1/2
    Welling 4/6

Works out at 6/4 with Coral

York City v Alfreton Town - Match (90 Minutes Play)
    York City @ 1/2

Thurrock v Welling United - Match (90 Minutes Play)
    Welling United @ 4/6

Stake: £50.00 (£50.00 x 1 line)
    Estimated Returns: £ 125.00

Headshot wrote: »
    barca are missing most of their back line

Indeed.

I'd be weary of Barca tonight. It's no forgone conclusion they'll romp home with a comfortable victory. Villarreal for the most part over the years have tended to give Barca problems both home and away. In the last four or so years, Barca have only beaten the -2 handicap once and -1 once as well. Villarreal still have the likes of Nilmar, Valero and Rossi on their books, the latter will be looking to be make a point after being snubbed by Barca in favour of Alexis Sanchez if you believe reports.

I think I'll just go for Messi FGS @ 5/2. Fairly safe, but it's the only thing that really appeals to me. Will probably look at Benfica tonight after reading up on them and possibly Legia in the Polish PL later this afternoon.

Also like the look of top 3 winning in the Blue Sq Premier League.

• Advertisement

They'd want to pull their finger out! Still 2-0 with 15 mins to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement