Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

chancing over 2.5 goals benfica now,nacional are down to 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Ha mad, first time hearing of an 80 minute soccer match.

Youth matches usually are, something you should look out for in the future.

Padova down to 10

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Super thread this is turning out to be !!
    Take a bow ppl Everyone in the red today

Carling Cup Tomorrow ? Any early bets jumpin out at people
    I can def see Swindon and Southampton game going over 2.5 goals not sure on price though ?

:confused::confused::confused:

In the red?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Southampton, Bristol Rovers and Sheff Wed but will wait until tomorrow before placing the bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

:confused::confused::confused:

In the red?

Sorry meant in profit !

Gonna have a look at tomorrow now, nothing jumping out so far thou

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Jaysus that was some belt in the Benfica game!

In the french League cup for tomorrow,
    guingamp v Liorent

Guingamp 2nd division side Liorent should have enough to turn them over, generous odds here for Lorient, -0.0 AH 2.025

Nancy v Auxerre : Nancy need a win after a poor start should get a few goals against auxerre, -0.5 AH 2.35

2 Singles and a double at @ 3.817

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Too bad so many Dutch players have called off for the coming euro qualifiers.
    Holland - San Marino could have gone in the double figures.

At the other hand, Huntelaar is more than likely to play because of the absentees.
    Hattrick for him looks a dead cert in that game.

benfica are pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Feckin Benfica ruining a accumulator want 2.5, But at least letting my sheriff winnings run on Real Barca came in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Anyone have a link to a post someone posted up a day or two go, it a all the leagues and links to their form. A few asked for it to be sticked, all i know is it was posted in the gambling section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Vanbis wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to a post someone posted up a day or two go, it a all the leagues and links to their form. A few asked for it to be sticked, all i know is it was posted in the gambling section.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056207039

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Short summary of today's edition of "Late Goals Experiment":

Bets placed - 10 (13.54 pts)

Bets won - 4 (16.68 pts), Bets lost - 6

Profit: 3,14 pts.

Will definitely continue testing it.

stingerro wrote: »
    Short summary of today's edition of "Late Goals Experiment":

Bets placed - 10 (13.54 pts)

Bets won - 4 (16.68 pts), Bets lost - 6

Profit: 3,14 pts.

Will definitely continue testing it.

where can i see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Thanks to whoever tipped Wrexham and Helsinki. Just waiting on Barcelona and Benfica now to complete the accum.

Get in! Up 110 for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Messi10

Had barca half time/full time at 4/7...was serious price! cant see passed huddersfield away to northampton 2moro. Huddersfield strong away 4m home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

The thoughts of the International break after a brilliant few days for everyone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Derek! wrote: »
    The thoughts of the International break after a brilliant few days for everyone :mad:
    Probably good time for me to revise my betting technique. I'm happy horse racing wise but apart from the Crystal Palace and Sheriff wins my football betting profit is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    Great to see you lads are still smashing the bookies

Gonna have a small pop today

Over 2.5 HJK/Haka
    Over 2.5 Emmen/Oss
    Over 2.5 Barca/Villareal

Treble 11/5

Boom..In at a canter. Great tips in the other games today lads, unfortunately I wasn't able to take full advantage of them.

Kick back relax. Opportunity to take mind off gambling for a while. Seriously addictive stuff. No need to bet unless you think you have knowledge and possible edge over bookies.

International matches are usually a minefield and brutal odds on the big teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Over 2.5 in york game the banker done me for a 6 team acc today. Last 4 acc's 4 out of 5, 5 out of 6, 5 out of 6 and 5 out of 6 lol. Think i will take a break just cant catch a break. Anyway good see some of ye are making money.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Betting small amounts if anything at all is the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Right Im off lads,got my 4 or more at evens so hopefully when I check later Il see Leo got his second

Best of luck to everyone still betting!!!

Well what dya know!!!!

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Over 2.5 in york game the banker done me for a 6 team acc today. Last 4 acc's 4 out of 5, 5 out of 6, 5 out of 6 and 5 out of 6 lol. Think i will take a break just cant catch a break. Anyway good see some of ye are making money.

Unlucky man. Anything more than a treble is very risky. Don't get me wrong,they can pay huge dividends, just don't put your whole stake on a 6-fold.
    Your picking seems to be solid but your strategy is letting you down.
    Try and mix it up with dividing your stake by 4. Put a small stake on all 6 in case your luck is in and do doubles with your other 3 parts so that you will see profit from your research.

There is nothing more frustrating than having solid picks but one letting you down .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

I reckon Luton Town look decent for a win tomorrow @ 10/11. One of the favourites for promotion back to football league against a Hayes side on poor run atm.
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/08/30/england/conference-national/hayes-and-yeading-fc/luton-town-fc/1139182/

Gonna go for Morgan Smith 1st scorer and Luton win @ 6/1. By all accounts he could be the Matthew Tubbs of the Blue Sq this year. He should be on a high also after finishing with 2 at the wkend. Lets hope he gets the first;)

Probably good time for me to revise my betting technique. I'm happy horse racing wise but apart from the Crystal Palace and Sheriff wins my football betting profit is atrocious.

At least your seein the bright side to it :) youl get better at it with time though, and the way you are at pickin horses youl have plenty of money anyway.
    Yardie wrote: »
    Kick back relax. Opportunity to take mind off gambling for a while. Seriously addictive stuff. No need to bet unless you think you have knowledge and possible edge over bookies.

International matches are usually a minefield and brutal odds on the big teams.

I know exactly what you mean, it's brutal to bet on at the best of times.
    Maybe i'll go on a session instead :pac:
    Betting small amounts if anything at all is the only way to go.

I completely agree with you on this, whatever hope I have pickin winners on league football, i'm clueless altogether with Internationals!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

At least your seein the bright side to it :) youl get better at it with time though, and the way you are at pickin horses youl have plenty of money anyway.

No fear of me if I keep having days like this on the horses. Still my judgement for football betting isn't great yet.

Do you bet on any other sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,184 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Do you bet on any other sports?

cock fighting