Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

stingerro wrote: »
    After first 10 minutes Japan looks like a much better team - went for -1.5 at HT and -3.5 at FT.
    Final result - 3:0 (0:0). Both picks lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Mark! wrote: »
    I am going big on Ireland, think they will do it and I think EVS is a great price.

Hamsik is out for Slovakia, Vittek is there only other player that I think could cause us problems but even at that I think with Traps defensive style he won't get much of the ball. Skrtel can be exposed too by either Long or Doyle if they get in and disrupt him. Keane having a couple games under his belt in the MLS must have his confidence up too.

I think i am going to wait and see what the team line up will be....for once before i lump on. Evens is great IMO as well, hence why i'm looking to throw a small lump on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

And for the Holland match tomorrow i would suggest to go for a Huntelaar hat-trick. Odds will be crap i guess, if even available at all.
    He will play for sure because of Van der Vaart/Robben and a few other not available.

Knowing that Huntelaar only scores against minnows/friendlies and when the match is already won, i can see him score 4 or 5.

Dont think Holland will reach the double figures though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Vanbis wrote: »
    I keep forgetting the u21's are playing.

What do you think of Ireland as a handicap -1 for tomorrow?

Id stay away from Ireland handicaps when Trapatonni manager especially in Qualifier as he has tendency to shut up shop if they get in the lead , I think Ireland @ evens is a decent price and ill be taking that . I wont be touching the handicap but dont let me stop you
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Another stinker of a weekend. Sad to lose the money on cs for United match but the lads well and truely made up for it:D8-2:P.

Looking at this for tomorrow England, Norway, Georgia treble single on Ireland and a single on Bosnia Herzegovina dnb and i keep getting drawn to N.Ireland/dnb or double chance are sticking out i think they can get something out of their match with Serbia any thoughts on this match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Never backed Ireland, but they were 5/4 during week on BF so took it..

I give them 55% chance or so of winning so do think they are value..

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lads, in you're own time if you can just have a read of this new thread it'd be much appreciated - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74152338#post74152338

Thanks.

Nowt on today really. Few u21's matches and French Cup only really catch the eye.

Anyone with any knowledge( on Ireland's u21's reckon they'll win and win comfortably? Up against Hungary. Spain u21's in action as well but I've no idea about the squad.

Unders in the French Cup match looked tempting till I saw the odds. Under 2.5 was 4/7 :-/ Might have a small bet on under 1.5 @ 2/1 or 0.5 @ 7/1 just for interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭AH92

Nowt on today really. Few u21's matches and French Cup only really catch the eye.

Anyone with any knowledge( on Ireland's u21's reckon they'll win and win comfortably? Up against Hungary. Spain u21's in action as well but I've no idea about the squad.

Unders in the French Cup match looked tempting till I saw the odds. Under 2.5 was 4/7 :-/ Might have a small bet on under 1.5 @ 2/1 or 0.5 @ 7/1 just for interest.

Well Ireland under 21's aren't that good but they should see out Hungary! A nice -1 handicap would do! Spain and England under 21's should win comfortably well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

I've gone for a treble of

Ireland u21 -1
    Spain u21 -1
    England u21 -2

€3 pays out €28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Germany -2 vs San Marino is 1/5 on Boylesports.Short out I know but could be good to add to an accum maybe?The only other handicap market on the game is -7 evens on Bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I went with this double with the odds of my account.
    I havent a clue what's what in the u21 football.

desperatedouble.jpg

bradlente wrote: »
    Germany -2 vs San Marino is 1/5 on Boylesports.Short out I know but could be good to add to an accum maybe?The only other handicap market on the game is -7 evens on Bet365.

One to keep an eye on in-play.
    Hope that Germany leaves it a bit late with scoring in the 1st half. Odds go up for a -5 or similar.
    Because i am pretty sure they will batter San Marino

inforfun wrote: »
    One to keep an eye on in-play.
    Hope that Germany leaves it a bit late with scoring in the 1st half. Odds go up for a -5 or similar.
    Because i am pretty sure they will batter San Marino
    Just the man I was hopin would be online, what do you think of Hollands u21s?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Germany beat them away from home 11-0 will be watching the in play market.

Germany -7 Evs

Derek! wrote: »
    Just the man I was hopin would be online, what do you think of Hollands u21s?

Pretty good squad but a few are missing because of injuries. Most of the players are 1st team players at their club in the Dutch eredivisie.
    The thing is with this team: Are they interested.
    A few weeks ago they were clearly not and lost 3-1 against Sweden.
    Got quite a bit of bad press despite it only being a friendly.

IF they want to make up for that, they should beat Bulgaria. But that is purely based on the Dutch team, i havent a clue about the Bulgarians.

If i bet on it it will be over 2,5 i go for. never to comfortable betting on my "own" though ...

Edit: If there are by any chance market for goalscorers, pick Luc Castaignos

Pretty good squad but a few are missing because of injuries. Most of the players are 1st team players at their club in the Dutch eredivisie.
    The thing is with this team: Are they interested.
    A few weeks ago they were clearly not and lost 3-1 against Sweden.
    Got quite a bit of bad press despite it only being a friendly.

IF they want to make up for that, they should beat Bulgaria. But that is purely based on the Dutch team, i havent a clue about the Bulgarians.

If i bet on it it will be over 2,5 i go for. never to comfortable betting on my "own" though ...

Edit: If there are by any chance market for goalscorers, pick Luc Castaignos

Thanks inforfun, I appreciate that.
    I know a lot more about it now than I would have.

Maybe the over 2.5 you mentioned would be the best option.
    Stakes will be small for me today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

them utter scumbags vasco and their 3 goals outta nowhere,***** couldnt even get a 4th..overs is the way in brazil it seems

Derek! wrote: »
    Thanks inforfun, I appreciate that.
    I know a lot more about it now than I would have.

Maybe the over 2.5 you mentioned would be the best option.
    Stakes will be small for me today anyway.

No problem. Ask away if you want my opinion on Dutch teams or leagues.

U21's today are nasty.
    Lots of games where there would be clear favourites with AH if those favourites didnt have to play away from home.
    Georgia - Spain for example. odss on a Spain win will be **** but i can not see them win by many goals either when they play in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

ha swiss beach v senegal beach,im chancing over 11.5 evens,4-1 after 10 and its 36min game

• Advertisement

For those looking at Spain u21.

Spain U21 XI vs Georgia: De Gea, Mallo, Planas, Bartra, Amat, Oriol, Muniain, Illarramendi, Rodrigo, Canales & Isco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

For those looking at Spain u21.

Spain U21 XI vs Georgia: De Gea, Mallo, Planas, Bartra, Amat, Oriol, Muniain, Illarramendi, Rodrigo, Canales & Isco

Nice team... Isco, Muniain and Canales should make bits of them. Might chance a massive handicap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

hey lads, deposited a decent amount of money to my pp account today but was suspended then had my account stopped, saying I need to send in copy of bank statements, photo id, etc. any1 experience this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

leonidas83 wrote: »
    hey lads, deposited a decent amount of money to my pp account today but was suspended then had my account stopped, saying I need to send in copy of bank statements, photo id, etc. any1 experience this before?

Yup, same thing happened to me with Betfair over 10 days ago (during the Palace fun), had to resend the info and still not open yet.
    A common demand to prevent fraud they say

magherakid wrote: »
    Germany beat them away from home 11-0 will be watching the in play market.

Germany -7 Evs

Germany hasnt played them yet.
    It is the under 21's

Cyprus beat San Marino 6-0 though in this group.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Radonman wrote: »
    Yup, same thing happened to me with Betfair over 10 days ago (during the Palace fun), had to resend the info and still not open yet.
    A common demand to prevent fraud they say

Anti money laundering processes they (have to) use. That is all.

Put this together:

Holland/England/Switzerland/Spain/Sweden u21 matches all over 2,5 @7.75

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Germany hasnt played them yet.
    It is the under 21's

Cyprus beat San Marino 6-0 though in this group.

Look at San Marino U21 last 6 results shows Germany beat them 11-0

Yeah forgot to mention earlier it was U21s for anyone who thought differently.I remember looking at the u21 qualifiers for the Euros that just went by when I was doing my bet for it,San Marino were slaughtered by every team in the group.

magherakid wrote: »
    Look at San Marino U21 last 6 results shows Germany beat them 11-0
    Ah ok. I only checked the current group standings.

That 11-0 was 2 years ago and with u21's that would mean a completely different team.
    But this will be a battering too :D

Just went over 8,5

• Advertisement

Did England u21 -2 vs Azerbaijan u21 which I already regret!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement