Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

seanhynes wrote: »
    stupid ****ing haukar match with no goals in it

There's a live betting thread now......

anyway

This match really interests me

Swindon v Rotherham dnb @11/10

Swindon are near the bottom of the league 2 table and with a inexperience manager and inside fighting (Leon Clarke) they are on a very bad run compared to Rotherham who are flying high at the top of the table

I do like the dnb on this match alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Bloody disaster altogether today, messed up my bets completley. I thought i did all overs and when i checked it was all handicap bets. Not sure what the hell happened.

I'm going big tomorrow on Ireland @evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Headshot wrote: »
    There's a live betting thread now......

anyway

This match really interests me

Swindon v Rotherham dnb @11/10

Swindon are near the bottom of the league 2 table and with a inexperience manager and inside fighting (Leon Clarke) they are on a very bad run compared to Rotherham who are flying high at the top of the table

I do like the dnb on this match alot

No Le Fondre for Rotherham now though. Maybe they signed a replacement but he was on a decent scoring run before he moved on to Reading..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fowler87 wrote: »
    No Le Fondre for Rotherham now though. Maybe they signed a replacement but he was on a decent scoring run before he moved on to Reading..

Remember watching him and being impressed by him but I dont think it's a big loss for them tbh

The beat Gillingham handy enough without him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Some handicaps for tomorrow i like:

1 Turkey -2.5,-3.0 Turkey v Kazakhstan
    (Asian Handicap) 02/09/2011 None 1.825 To Run
    2 Russia -1.5,-2.0 Russia v FYR Macedonia
    (Asian Handicap) 02/09/2011 None 1.80 To Run
    3 Germany -1.5,-2.0 Germany v Austria
    (Alternative Asian Handicap) 02/09/2011 None 1.60 To Run

And some overs:

1 Under 2.5 Hungary v Sweden
    (Total Goals) 02/09/2011 None 1.80 To Run
    2 Over 2.5 Germany v Austria
    (Total Goals) 02/09/2011 None 1.40 To Run
    3 Over 2.5 Russia v FYR Macedonia
    (Total Goals) 02/09/2011 None 1.65 To Run
    4 Over 2.5 Turkey v Kazakhstan
    (Total Goals) 02/09/2011 None 1.36 To Run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Ya im going for Ireland aswell @ evens.
    Im on roll since Madrid -2 last sunday.
    Im going my max bet 100e on Ireland

Ireland @evens
    €50

England -1
    Ireland @evens
    Rotherham 7/4
    €20

If this all fails, i'm taking a break for a few a weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

England shockingly don't let me down:D

2 for tomorrow

Croatia Russia Germany around 4/9.Bit of a silly bet in fairness did it in the heat of the moment.

I really like France England over 2.5 in Port Cyprus(4-4 in their last meeting) and 4 or more goals Holland San Marino.Works out at 3/1 altogether on pp.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Considering this on PP

Red cards in the Germany/England/Wales/Ireland matches

4 singles and 1 accumulator will cost €5

Odds are 5.5/5/4/5

Potential returns: €569.50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Thanks Vanbis do u know what lreland 90 mins was ?

l did a double in PP's but could'nt get the odds and girl said she'd look it up later and add odds.

Ireland were 5/6 on William Hill is all i know presume something similar with PP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Gone for 2 20 euro wincasts with Robbie Keane and Shane Long. Our wingers rarely score and we should beat Slovakia. Safe enough bet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Vanbis wrote: »
    Bloody disaster altogether today, messed up my bets completley. I thought i did all overs and when i checked it was all handicap bets. Not sure what the hell happened.

I'm going big tomorrow on Ireland @evens.

Did the Ireland game let you down then Vanbis yeah? Some balls if so thinking you had them all up.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Did the Ireland game let you down then Vanbis yeah? Some balls if so thinking you had them all up.

Yeah it did. I thought i went with overs but my head has been all over the place today. I blame the meds i'm taking and lack of sleep.

Is anyone seeing any markets worth playing at all in the Holland - San Marino match? nothing decent on bet365 that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

Went for

Robbie Keane to score Ireland to win

Shane Long insurebet first goalscorer

and a wild 9 team accumulator full of massive favourites that pays out just over evens.

Is anyone seeing any markets worth playing at all in the Holland - San Marino match? nothing decent on bet365 that I can see.

I've not seeing anything in this game on PP worth of value. Nothing even on Huntelaar getting two goals or hat-trick. Holland are missing a few players too so you might be better to wait and check the team news first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Gone for a 7way accumulator tomorrow including: Ireland, England, Holland, Romania, Croatia, Turkey and Australia!

€20 pays 96.68 on PP

Vanbis wrote: »
    I've not seeing anything in this game on PP worth of value. Nothing even on Huntelaar getting two goals or hat-trick. Holland are missing a few players too so you might be better to wait and check the team news first.

Are they actually giving odds on Huntelaar scoring two or three? Bet365 have the most limited selection ever!

I've gone for Ireland at 10/11.
    Robbie Keane anytime at 6/4.
    Rooney first goalscorer at 15/4.
    Also Rooney to score first and England win at 4/1.

Have the Ireland win in with England U21 (-1) from earlier on too so really need an Ireland win tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

fecking brutal days work today, down 60 quid

never been tempted to bet on them dud matches again

FECK THAT:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Had a bad day myself so far, anyone got any good tips to make my money back? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Rooney first goalscorer at 15/4.
    Also Rooney to score first and England win at 4/1.
    !

Hi nkay have you placed these bets yet just 15/4 and 4/1 are basically the same odds.

€4 at 15/4 returns 19 or €4 at 4/1 returns 20

Not realy worth doing the Rooney to score 1st and England to win.
    Not worth the risk incase they draw after him scoring 1st for such a little extra.
    Just do him on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

evosteo wrote: »

I'm not touching in-play betting any more, nor am I doing anything on games I know little or nothing about.

Looking at Luton again, tomorrow, I reckon Amari Morgan-Smith looks good to add to his tally. They say he could be the no1 striker in the non-league since Tubbs last year for Crawley.

Hes going into tomorrows game with 3 in 2 matches and hes great price @ 7/4 anytime scorer (bet365) and 9/5 (PP).. Gonna take a punt on him getting 2 or more @ 11/1 too:)

Another one in the Blue Sq, Ive noticed is Jon Shaw from Gateshead. Hes scored 7 in 6 :eek:,basically every game for his club in the league! They're also playing a team with the most goals conceded in the division, Alfreton. Stats arent everything but everything sways towards him adding to his tally. 11/10 anytime scorer on bet365 for anyone interested.. Il be having some of that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Right goin on a few days hols so doin a big one.

€50 on paying €990

Bulgaria/ England
    Lux/ Romania
    Malta/ Croatia
    Carlisle/ MK Dons
    AFC/ Wimbledon

All over 2.5 goals. Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Have these bets done plus a few other accumulators for the International fixtures.

Croatia (-1) at 4/9
    Germany (-1) at 4/9
    England (-1) at 8/5
    €10 returns €55

Turkey (-2) at 4/6
    Israel vs Greece to Draw at 21/10
    €10 returns €52

Going back to club football & the Europa League, what are peoples thoughts on Stokes chances? I backed them on Tuesday at 40/1 & they are now at 33/1 having strengthened considerably yesterday signing Crouch & Palacios on top of the already signed Woodgate & Upson. They are a very tough side to beat and i can actually see them doing well in this, all depends on how Pulis prioritizes the competition but im hoping he takes it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

evosteo wrote: »

a rank days betting,them german ****s won 7-0,of course the handicap was -7 i hate how accurate those bastard bookies are, down 100 today,so close to been up a load

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

A bored out of my head double for tonight.
    Very low stakes.

Bahia v America MG
    Real Cartagena v Atletico Huila

Both over 2.5 goals

Headshot wrote: »
    Remember watching him and being impressed by him but I dont think it's a big loss for them tbh

The beat Gillingham handy enough without him

Thats true I suppose and Gillingham should be handy enough in league 1 this year. Ya that Boyd lad and Lewis Grabban seem to be chipping in with the goals now.. Decent bet alrite, 2/1 for the Rotherham win is a great price too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Looking at the Norway game on William Hill. Was looking at Norway ht/ft its 10/11. Then i scrolled down at Norway are 4/5 to win the first half. Is the ht/ft poor or the 4/5 generous or do i need to get a cup of coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Looking at the Norway game on William Hill. Was looking at Norway ht/ft its 10/11. Then i scrolled down at Norway are 4/5 to win the first half. Is the ht/ft poor or the 4/5 generous or do i need to get a cup of coffee.

10/11 looks generous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement