Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

im tempted to lump on montenegro at 11/8 away to wales

dont think ive ever lost money opposing wales either

no world beaters but they are joint top with england
    and are unbeaten but they seem to just win 1-0
    might do the 1-0 also

wales have lost all 4 so far

anyone see any hope for wales?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

10/11 looks generous

its evens for norway ht ft on paddy power.

ya i threw in montenegro in along with england,ireland and germany 9.5/1.. wales are shocking, i reckon they'll be more focussed on the english game too.. the game is in the cardiff city stadium supposedly, not sure if that'll make much difference

and a 13/1 shot in

ireland
    portugal cyprus over 2.5
    germany
    croatia
    norway
    france
    over 4.5 holland san marino
    over 1.5 bulgaria england

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

This looks like something im looking at. Going to look into it more in the morning been rushing into bets lately. Also wait and see other people's analysis. I might look at some overs for the Africa Cup of Nations but i might get sense and avoid them.

Ireland Evs. Dont like backing my own but at home should win.
    Sweeden 10/11. Think they should beat Hungary.
    Over 2.5 Cyprus vs Portugal game 7/10. In last game with Portugal at home it finished 4-4. So maybe both to score at 11/10 is the a better bet here.
    Under 2.5 goals Georgia v Latvia 8/15. Cant see many goals but not great odds.
    Belguim 4/9. Playing great at the moment and away to Azerbaijan might chance the -1 yet not sure.
    Norway to the win the first half v Iceland 4/5. Norway are playing well and scoring a few lately and Iceland are poor enough. Or maybe Norway -1 at 5/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Best value i can see for tomorrow is Montenegro at 11/8. strength 8/10

gonna take this on its own for a sizable amount i think, just gonna check out the teams tomorrow first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

England to score over 1.5 goals with Boyles 5/6. Think thats a fantastic price!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

England to score over 1.5 goals with Boyles 5/6. Think thats a fantastic price!!
    Does seem very generous :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Value in the Russia game. Russia haven't looked anywhere near decent for a long, long time now despite there being many a decent player in their team. Macedonia on paper they should beat. Ireland went away to Macedonia and beat them I'm sure most will remember.

Looking at past half a dozen games, there aren't many goals scored by either side. Russia have scored 5 in 6 matches since February, 3 of them scored in the one match v Armenia. Macedonia have scored a measly 2 goals in their last 6 games.

Under 0.5 @ 12/1
    Under 1.5 @ 3/1
    Russia to win and 1 or 2 goals scored in the match @ 11/5

These stand out for me. I'll have something on the latter myself and maybe a five or tenner on under 1.5

I can also say the same for Japan in the morning kick off as well. But currently PP are offering nowt more or less :rolleyes:

Get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Going on the above a russian 2-0 @ 5.5 or russian 3-0 @7.0 seem good value.

Have money on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,195 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the japan game is a grudge match because of WWII so be careful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Some late night picking for tomorrow.

A long shot to start off. 4 draws.

Israel vs Greece
    Finland vs Moldova
    Belarus vs Bosnia
    Georgia vs Latvia

All of these dies rarely win or lose by more than a goal or two. The first leg of these matches- Greece won by a goal, Moldova won by 2, Georgia and Latvia drew and Bel and Bos havent faced each other yet.

At 140/1 this is worth a euro or two. Also doind a euro on trebles from the 4.

Now to my main bet(so far). England win, under 3.5 in Croatia Malta game(4/7-huge) and Montenegro DNB.

Treb comes in around 4/1

• Advertisement

Derek! wrote: »
    A bored out of my head double for tonight.
    Very low stakes.

Bahia v America MG
    Real Cartagena v Atletico Huila

Both over 2.5 goals

not looking great this,only small stakes on tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Why are you all betting on an Ireland win????? Don't you know about the jinxing rule???? :mad:

Haven't really had a chance to look at the matches tomorrow, internationals can be profitable tho.

well slovakia are no great shakes, we should have beaten them in bratislava but for keane missing the penalty, can see 2-1 or a 1-0 win for us,the usual trap score in a competititve game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Decided on two accumulators for tomorrow:

1 (Ireland, Holland -5, Romania -2, Belgium -1, Russia -1) €5.65
    2 (Germany, Italy, England, Portugal, Spain, France) €20

Have fluked a win from my bets this week so hoping my winning streak continues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Lads is there any site which gives you te terminology of some of the bets, for example as the above poster has written Holland -5, Romania -2? I put down a bet or two once a month but I want to get more into it as at the moment I only do accumulators. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

seanhynes wrote: »
    not looking great this,only small stakes on tho
    It was an absolute shambles of a bet, trust me to pick one of the Brazilian matches that didn't go overs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Lads is there any site which gives you te terminology of some of the bets, for example as the above poster has written Holland -5, Romania -2? I put down a bet or two once a month but I want to get more into it as at the moment I only do accumulators. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Paddy Power's help section was something I always found good. Haven't used I in a long time but I assume it's still good.

When you see a team minus a number as above, it means you subtract that number from that team's score and if they win, you win. For example Holland minus 5 means they have to win by at least six goals.

I just been doin the math from my bettin book and since I stopped doin multiples and started bettin more in play, I made more profit this week than I made in the last few months.
    I cant believe it :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nemanja91 wrote: »

When i started a few months ago, those things didnt mean **** to me either.
    Help section of the website i joined, bet365, was useful.
    But another problem for me was the English terminology they use, being from an non English speaking country.

OLBG.com has some training for you to do once you sign up with them (free).
    That is when i really started to learn the AH -1/-1,5 an crap like that.

Team most likely to play tonight for Holland:

Stekelenburg

Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Pieters

Van Bommel, Strootman

Van Persie, Sneijder, Kuijt

Huntelaar

Cant see this team covering the -5 too easy tbh.

If there is a market for it tonight i ll go for the Huntelaar hat-trick.
    Odds on RvP and Kuijt anytime will be **** if there will be any at all.

Too bad Van der Vaart en Robben arent there.
    Was looking forward to this kind of crap :D

• Advertisement

Who is Strootman?

Defensive midfielder of PSV.
    1 year ago he played for Sparta Rotterdam, moved to Utrecht in January and PSV bought him 5 months later together with another Utrecht player for 13 million.
    Guy made his debut end of the season in the Dutch team against Brazil and Uruguay and did pretty well.
    Dont expect goals from him though. Might get 3 or 4 in a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

Two bets for the first round of European qualifying games.

A draw double on Israel/Greece and Cyprus/Portugal.
    A Scandinavian win treble on Finland, Norway and Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

another bet for me:

Israel - Greece : under 3.5
    Belarus - Bosnia : Belarus win or draw
    Georgia - Latvia : under 2.5
    Cyprus - Portugal : Cyprus to score at least 1 goal
    Norway - Iceland: Norway

@5.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Shane Long will miss tonights game with a calf strain and Kevin Doyle will partner Robbie Keane up front instead.

Saw that, increases Keanes chances of scoring, gonna stick him in a scorecast.

I hate the way 365 dont have an anytime scorer plus team win market. back to PP for this one i'd say if the price is worth it.

If anyone has a second they might check? in work and gambling sites banned!

I hate the way 365 dont have an anytime scorer plus team win market. back to PP for this one i'd say if the price is worth it.

PP. 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Saw that, increases Keanes chances of scoring, gonna stick him in a scorecast.

If anyone has a second they might check? in work and gambling sites banned!
    7/4 score and win with Skybet

Vanbis wrote: »
    PP. 11/4
    7/4 score and win with Skybet

Some difference,

is that anytime Vanbis?

• Advertisement

Some difference,

is that anytime Vanbis?

Yeah anytime goal scorer.

Kevin Doyle is 3/1. I wouldn't be surprised if he scored tonight after getting dropped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement