Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with router

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just ther other day I've started getting some strange problems with my router. The internet connection for all computers connected to it has been very unstable with download speeds spiking and dropping and every so often the wireless connection drops as opposed to just the net access dropping.

There's been a number of times where I haven't been able to access the router's option page either by wireless or cable(so it isn't wireless interference) and as far as I can tell the problem is with the router and not the modem/net connection. I checked for firmware updates but there hasn't been any new release and changing up ports or restarting/resetting the router made no difference.

The router is a D-link DIR-635 and I'm with UPC, think it's the 30mb package not entirely sure as we've been with them years and it has been upgraded numerous times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not a broadband problem, moved here. Thread could also belong in Nets/Comms.

Advertisement