Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing scopes from USA

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I just had to pay the postman (An Post) when my new scope arrived, no hassle at all.

That's what I meant by paying before I collected. An Post deliver to the local post office and I have to pay a charge when I collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭De_Tomaso

I my country is the same. You pay everything to the postman and it is calculated like this:

(US price + shipping) * 3% customs
    ((US price + shipping) * 3% customs ) * 20% VAT

Is the calculation in Ireland the same?

But like I wrote before, most of EU dealers will give a similar offer if you ask them. MAP (minimal advertised prices) are different fro US and EU market and this is why prices on this side of the ocean are higher. Many (specially German vendors ) get around this problem with "call for price" on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

The computation is the same in ireland , just the VAT is 21%, there is also usually a clearance fee as well.

Advertisement