Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel From Cork To Limerick

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Is there trains from limerick to cork (vice versa).. Any idea of times? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You get the train to Limerick Junction and change there.
    See www.irishrail.ie
    Just put in Cork to Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Oh gawd hope your not planning to do that every week!

The bus is grand and one that goes directly to UL,Mary I and LIT leaves every sunday at 9.30 outside Merchants Quay and returns at 3 on a friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 delta_xray

you also have the galvins bus which serves UL and Mary I and goes through Charlivelle, Buttevant, Mallow, Blarney, Western Rd Cork, Wilton, Innishannon, Bandon, Clon.

Leaves UL East Gate at 4.15 on a fri. Then on a sunday they go through all the same, as for collection times, the only one I know of is 7 pm at the Sacred Heart Western Rd Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Aoi

NormaJean wrote: »
    Is there trains from limerick to cork (vice versa).. Any idea of times? Thanks

Just take the bus, a lot less hastle. Swapping trains once or twice and probably waiting for ages in between, not worth it if you're going to be doing it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Actually cheaper to get accommodation in the area I'd say,
    Plus you might get a tad more sleep,
    I'd be wrecked with that 5 days a week!

Actually cheaper to get accommodation in the area I'd say,
    Plus you might get a tad more sleep,
    I'd be wrecked with that 5 days a week!

If you're looking for a place in Cork, I can help you out..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 NormaJean

No I wouldnt be doing it. It's just I'll be living in Limerick so I'm wondering what is the easiest way for friends and family from cork to visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

NormaJean wrote: »
    No I wouldnt be doing it. It's just I'll be living in Limerick so I'm wondering what is the easiest way for friends and family from cork to visit!

easiest would probably be bus or drive (the concert hall and east gate car parks amongst others are free to park in overnight) train is a bit more expensive but much more comfortable and there's a bog on board!

Have accom up in Limerick now anyway for UL,
    But thanks Aoi,
    Got a handful of Bus Eireann flyers thrown at me at orientation,
    Bus will probably be the cheapest but sickeningly long,
    Train a bit more expensive,
    And both ways you'll need to switch at Limerick Junction I'd say

• Advertisement

Bus will probably be the cheapest but sickeningly long

About an hour and a half if I remember correctly

Cork to Limerick by bus?!
    Its an hour and a bit from Mallow to Limerick by car!

It's about half an hour from Mallow to Cork.

I could be mixing up my times, cause I went on a few different bus journeys the week I went from Limerick to Cork. Check a timetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I do this everyweek. Get the bus. Way easier. Dunno about adult fares but it'll get you up in under 2 hours. On average leaves Cork at 25 past on the hour (lets say 25 past 3, would get into Limerick at ten past 5) Its quick, easy and Bus Eireann are efficent!

Good luck!

Advertisement