Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow arrows in Salthill

Options
  • 24-08-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Was out driving in Salthill today and on Lower Salthill and Maunsells roads there were yellow arrows in the middle of the road, and I think I saw a '4km' painted on the road near Ward's pub. Anyone know why? Ironman maybe?? Just curious...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I'd imagine its the Ironman alright, here is the route for the Cycling and the Running

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

When is Ironman taking place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

Was out driving in Salthill today and on Lower Salthill and Maunsells roads there were yellow arrows in the middle of the road, and I think I saw a '4km' painted on the road near Ward's pub. Anyone know why? Ironman maybe?? Just curious...

Thought you had news on the airshow! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

i think those markings are from the recent streets of Galway run.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Yep,their from the Streets of Galway 8km Race a few weeks ago,they will wash away within the next few weeks.Around South Park and The Prom you see old race km markings which are still there from races/walks from years ago:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

aye they are for the galway run,

When is the ironman on?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Columc wrote: »
    aye they are for the galway run,

When is the ironman on?

Ironman is on the first weekend in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

what is the Galway Alliance Against War's position on these Yellow Arrows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

ambasite wrote: »
    what is the Galway Alliance Against War's position on these Yellow Arrows?

800px-Folland_gnat_xr991_arp.jpg

The Yellowjacks were the precursors of the current Red Arrows so I guess the GAAW won't like being reminded of them either with the yellow arrows on the Galway roads.

Advertisement