Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more bins

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sharrow wrote: »
    Got the letter in the door from Panda asking us to sign up, not like we have any other bloody options and no info in it about tags or about the chritmas pick ups.

If you were with Fingal then your bins need to go out this evening for pick up tomorrow.

See, that's what has really pissed me off... I thought Panda taking over Fingal would mean less bin lorries coming into the estate but it has actually meant more in this estate for some weird reason. There were at least 5 bin lorries up in my estate the Monday before Christmas... Also, did Panda buy the Fingal bin lorries because they still seem to be out in force too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The change over only happened just after the christmas.
    Well the bin is out, who knows if it will be collected.

They've just been collected up my way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

January wrote: »
    They've just been collected up my way anyway.

which bin, green/brown
    i need my green bin collected

No sign of them here.
    Green and black bin according to the calendar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've found they come around much later than Fingal, probably due to route changes. With Fingal they'd be collected almost before you go to work, green bins were collected sometime late afternoon yesterday.

well no bin collection today as yet!!!

wait till monday

did anyone get their calendars 2012 from Panda ?

Haven't gotten a Calender since we started with them nearly two years ago... kinda just know the routine at this stage... or if we forget we just follow the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

I'm in Clonsilla and got a text from Panda saying the brown bin only will be collected on Tuesday - 2012 calender is due to come on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

January wrote: »
    Also, did Panda buy the Fingal bin lorries because they still seem to be out in force too.
    I think that they did. Once or twice I saw FCC lorries with Panda employees.

• Advertisement

zizou_ wrote: »
    I'm in Clonsilla and got a text from Panda saying the brown bin only will be collected on Tuesday - 2012 calender is due to come on Wednesday.

got no text, but looks like only black and brown bin collection today as they came early on..
    Thanks for the info of the calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Panda collected the green bins in my area (Littlepace) today, even though our regular collection day is Tuesday; they didn't send us a text or anything.

Saw the truck going past the house down the cul de sac, rushed out with the bin, only for the driver to drive past the house again shaking his head at me. Seriously pissed off! :mad:

Arciphel wrote: »
    Panda collected the green bins in my area (Littlepace) today, even though our regular collection day is Tuesday; they didn't send us a text or anything.

Saw the truck going past the house down the cul de sac, rushed out with the bin, only for the driver to drive past the house again shaking his head at me. Seriously pissed off! :mad:

Funny, they still haven't collected our green bins (and it's definitely green bin day)... Can't even ring them because it's a bank holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I got a 2012 timetable on Friday. Monday is our new collection date also but no bins got collected today even though the calendar clearly said Jan 2 would be for collection of black and green bins. lots of xmas packaging blowing around the place this evening due to overloaded bins. Not a good start for Panda IMO :mad:

Will be ringing first thing in the morning to complain, it's not good enough that they take over from Fingal and all of a sudden the service to the rest of their customers is shoddy. They've got a monopoly on our estate at the moment as there are no other private bin companies operating, I just hope someone comes in before April because if they keep it up I'll be gone like a rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gsmith-

In my Tyrrelstown, it's a normal Panda day but not been collected. Also for Fingal tender people they sent us a calendar which suggested a green and brown bin was to happen today yet this conflicts with what is on their website and phone automated thing. So nobody had a bin out on Saturday and all out today but no sign of panda for anybody. I'm annoyed, do they expect us all to check their website every time as if the onus is on us to ensure they don't change the times?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

ongarboy wrote: »
    I got a 2012 timetable on Friday. Monday is our new collection date also but no bins got collected today even though the calendar clearly said Jan 2 would be for collection of black and green bins. lots of xmas packaging blowing around the place this evening due to overloaded bins. Not a good start for Panda IMO :mad:

It being especially windy today has turned where I live into a mess. There's rubbish all over the place from the bins that weren't collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

anyone have calendar for 2012 ? They will collect tomorrow green and brown bin ? because old calendar shows other day for collection ? It's still valid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

anyone have calendar for 2012 ? They will collect tomorrow green and brown bin ? because old calendar shows other day for collection ? It's still valid ?

Yep green and brown to day, but here is no green till next week and that over three weeks since it was last collected. Which is a are really pain give that its the Christmas period !:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

zizou_ wrote: »

Panda came for the brown bin before 7 this morning as planned. I've been with them for a couple of years and have to say i've found their service to be very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It being especially windy today has turned where I live into a mess. There's rubbish all over the place from the bins that weren't collected.
    Often this can be avoided if people turn their bins so that the wind direction keeps the lid closed. Or just put a rock on the lid.

Green bin still not collected and Panda's phones out most of the morning but that may be because of the power cuts..

Just got a letter from Panda saying they are changing the collection day from Tuesday to Monday, would have been handy to have known this before yesterday FFS. Also they are cutting the number of black bin collections each month from four to three to minimize their carbon footprint. Carbon footprint LOL. These guys hit the jackpot when Fingal stopped collecting refuse and now they are just laughing at us.

Arciphel wrote: »
    Just got a letter from Panda saying they are changing the collection day from Tuesday to Monday, would have been handy to have known this before yesterday FFS. Also they are cutting the number of black bin collections each month from four to three to minimize their carbon footprint. Carbon footprint LOL. These guys hit the jackpot when Fingal stopped collecting refuse and now they are just laughing at us.

Was just on the phone to them, they changed the collection day, so it was brown and black bin yesterday and green and black bin next Monday... you'd have thought they'd have gotten the calendars out in time... but no... she's sending a truck out tomorrow to collect the bin though so that's ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RUSSER

Typical they take your money and then get a huge contract and do what they like. Have being trying to ring all morning but not getting through, Ye its a pain hav'nt had bins collected since 19/12/2011. Hopefully they'll get competition in so ill defo be leaving panda, they used to collect early morning but come at any time now. The place is in bits with the High winds & for fisher property management meant to be maintaining the area, Ye right, there a joke. The chap sits in his van all day reading the paper. Fisher have 1 chap looking after the whole of Tyrrelstown, no wonder the place is in bits and all Grass areas are like a swamp. 1 last thing, anyone know about Twinlite finishing all the empty houses, Hope they aint finishing them for the social, thats all We need now.....:mad::mad::mad:

Just wrote an e-mail to them (no one answering the phones) asking them to come collect the bins in our estate too. Their email address in info@panda.ie. Phones are 1850 626262 or 046-9024111. The fact that their truck drove past on Monday and wouldn't stop for me is even more galling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ongar Park is a disgrace this morning. Loads of overturned bins with contents strewn all over the place. I know Panda can't be blamed for the storm overnight but if they had collected yesterday as clearly stated on the new calendar, the place would not have looked like a tip this morning.

If they don't do collections on bank holidays, then they should not have marked them as collection days in the calendar!

I take it everyone in the area is on collection route "MON1B" - have a look at the letter they sent out, it's written on the top? If so, then e-mail them a complaint, info@panda.ie, and they might make them get up off their arses. Unfortunately, looks like the Fingal poor, monopoly service has now spread to Panda :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

RUSSER wrote: »
    Typical they take your money and then get a huge contract and do what they like. Have being trying to ring all morning but not getting through, Ye its a pain hav'nt had bins collected since 19/12/2011. Hopefully they'll get competition in so ill defo be leaving panda, they used to collect early morning but come at any time now. The place is in bits with the High winds & for fisher property management meant to be maintaining the area, Ye right, there a joke. The chap sits in his van all day reading the paper. Fisher have 1 chap looking after the whole of Tyrrelstown, no wonder the place is in bits and all Grass areas are like a swamp. 1 last thing, anyone know about Twinlite finishing all the empty houses, Hope they aint finishing them for the social, thats all We need now.....:mad::mad::mad:

A few things. A Panda truck was around Tyrrelstown yesterday morning, don't know for what colour bin but it was around. They were also around to collect the green bins the 30th but that was probably for Fingal customers.

Ex-Fingal customers received their calendar a couple of weeks ago so it's odd that current Panda customers didn't get one.

And Fisher don't manage the whole estate, or didn't unless the first roundabout side recently came under their management. The guy you speak about is actually very good at keeping the area under his remit clean, you see him every day tidying. He can hardly be blamed for it raining heavy and getting the verges muddy. And finally, if people who left theirs bins out overnight used a bit of common sense, it was all over the tv and radio that it was going to get very stormy, the place wouldn't be in bits this morning.

• Advertisement

I got the new calendar as an ex fingal customer, in the poast last Thursday with the new pick ups of Mondays.

Advertisement