Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more bins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

January wrote: »
    Was just on the phone to them, they changed the collection day, so it was brown and black bin yesterday and green and black bin next Monday... you'd have thought they'd have gotten the calendars out in time... but no... she's sending a truck out tomorrow to collect the bin though so that's ok...

No way!!!! That's the first ive heard..my green bin has been out since Sunday night. I can't get through on the phones and they' never notified us of any change grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sharrow wrote: »
    I got the new calendar as an ex fingal customer, in the poast last Thursday with the new pick ups of Mondays.

Same here except our pickup is Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

I received notification this morning of change in dates of our bins. We were supposed to have green today but it was changed to next week, so today was black and brown. I got speaking with a nice lady in Panda and she said they will send black & brown around again on Thursday and also that they will accept extra bags with green next week. It's worth ringing them if you missed out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Right! Was up and about yeaterday morning and I heard the bin trucks come in. They were the ex-Fingal Trucks with the Panda stickers over the old livery.

They have been going around for the last few weeks like this so I thought nothing of it. So puts the bins out this morning and come home this evening and they are still not collected.I rang Panda and after about 10 attempts got through only to be told our collection day had changed to Mondays?????

Not a word about it. They send me emails and texts a fair bit but nothing regarding a change of days. Very bad form.

The customer service agent said it was a mess when I asked why they would change the day and not tell their longstanding (since they first arrived in our area) customers. she also said our calender/notice should arrive any day now. I logged onto Panda.ie and entered my Acc Number for the latest calender and it is still Dec 10 - Nov 11 :mad:. How hard would it be to update the feckin' Calender online.

We are in Hansfield in the Littlepace area and she said she will arrange a collection on Thurdsay next.

Please note: The agent said it was a Brown only collection next Monday but I have seen on this thread that people are saying different!

• Advertisement

There was always going to be some teething issues, its a pity its over such simple things like a calendar. Especially at xmas where bins are overflowing. (says a lot about xmas).

Pity they couldn't have put them on the web, if they weren't going to make the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

BostonB wrote: »
    There was always going to be some teething issues, its a pity its over such simple things like a calendar. Especially at xmas where bins are overflowing. (says a lot about xmas).

Pity they couldn't have put them on the web, if they weren't going to make the post.

They should have ironed all these teething issues out before they decided to change the calendars. It's unacceptable that they are leaving their existing customers in the lurch while the customers they've acquired through Fingal have gotten their calendars before us. I'm not moaning about this, I'm just disappointed in the drop in service since they've taken this contract on. Even the week before Christmas they didn't bother to collect the green bins until nearly 6pm when they're usually collected before midday.

Was just on the phone to them, they changed the collection day, so it was brown and black bin yesterday and green and black bin next Monday... you'd have thought they'd have gotten the calendars out in time... but no... she's sending a truck out tomorrow to collect the bin though so that's ok...

I think Panda just came into the estate to collect my bin specifically... none of the other bins on the road were taken :eek:

I think Panda just came into the estate to collect my bin specifically... none of the other bins on the road were taken :eek:

Thats it! I got the impression while on the phone that she was sending a truck just to my house. I had to get onto the neighbour to ring in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

can you get local timetables online like you could from fingal coco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

can you get local timetables online like you could from fingal coco?

No they are only available when you log in with an account number.

And at that they are last years, at the moment.

I did that and its not online yet, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I live off Blanchardstown Road South in D15. I got letter from Panda yesterday morning, one day too late for Monday black and brown collection...

My green bin is chuck full as it is and we will have an additional full weeks recycling in the shed by next week Mondays Green bin collection.

Does anyone know if Panda will take additional Green waste that is left out in clear large bags??? Thanks.

Furthermore Panda letters states they will send my bin stickers by end of January. If I have not received stickers by then, I am to get in touch with Panda as they will not collect any bins that are not correctly stickered by 3rd week in February...

Keep going sure its grand.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Similar issues here in Clonsilla - bins uncollected and rubbish strewn all over the road by yesterdays inclement weather. This is an example of bad project management on the part of Panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

nesbitt wrote: »
    I live off Blanchardstown Road South in D15. I got letter from Panda yesterday morning, one day too late for Monday black and brown collection...

My green bin is chuck full as it is and we will have an additional full weeks recycling in the shed by next week Mondays Green bin collection.

Does anyone know if Panda will take additional Green waste that is left out in clear large bags??? Thanks.

Furthermore Panda letters states they will send my bin stickers by end of January. If I have not received stickers by then, I am to get in touch with Panda as they will not collect any bins that are not correctly stickered by 3rd week in February...

Keep going sure its grand.....:rolleyes:

They told me on the phone yesterday that they will accept extra bags if they are beside the green bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

BostonB wrote: »
    I did that and its not online yet, for me anyway.

Just tried it and worked for me, wasn't there to see how it went, will have a look next Tuesday, Black and Brown, don't know the times will have to ask the neighbours.

:o

Got the Jaysusin' letter today :cool:.

Absolutly brilliant! :D

Still haven't gotten mine, my mam got hers today though...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Hi guys does anyone know what day panda pick up the bins in Beachfield in Clonee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I think that it is time to move to City Bin - cheaper and don't need tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

only moved into a house in clonsilla at the start of december, so no idea about bins, but we had a collection the week before last, but nothing since then and the last time my wife rang panda they couldn't even tell us what days they would be collecting.

to top it off, we don't have a black bin at all, just 2 green ones and a brown. they said they'd send us a black one out and to just use tags for now and they'd collect, but the bin has been out since monday night and no collection this week at all, and when i went out this morning, the tag was gone from the bin and its still full.

no idea if the wind took it or some scally on their way home from the pub, but either way panda being feckless is costing me money and our rubbish is piling up.

waiting on a callback from panda now to see if they found their missing clue, but for a company named after a big black and white thing, there's a lot of grey areas in their collection schedule. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

blondie7 wrote: »
    Hi guys does anyone know what day panda pick up the bins in Beachfield in Clonee?

Sent you a pm blondie7 but more details about Panda collections on the Beechfield residents assocations FB page

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/105410127295/?notif_t=group_activity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RUSSER

Panda are very bad of late and are gonna get even worse since gettin that fingal contract, have Our account paind in full for the year and they have not collected our black and green bin since 19/12/11 and its 5/1/12 now. Tried ringin them and there not answering the phones because of missing the collections over the last couple of weeks PLUS the windy weather over the last few days, the uncollected bins were blown over and the Place is like where Panda empty there trucks when there full. TYRRELSTOWN AREA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I am in Littlepace, there was a Fingal bin truck going round my estate today at about 5pm, they were collecting the green and the black bins and just horsing all the rubbish into the one truck, Panda bins and Fingal bins. Guess the recycling notion has gone out the window temporarily!

They seemed to collect all the bins on my road but not too sure, they didn't pick up any of the rubbish strewn around the area anyway, that's for sure.

RUSSER wrote: »
    Panda are very bad of late and are gonna get even worse since gettin that fingal contract, have Our account paind in full for the year and they have not collected our black and green bin since 19/12/11 and its 5/1/12 now. Tried ringin them and there not answering the phones because of missing the collections over the last couple of weeks PLUS the windy weather over the last few days, the uncollected bins were blown over and the Place is like where Panda empty there trucks when there full. TYRRELSTOWN AREA.

I'm paid up until April (still on the 282 per year tarriff) and they'll only be collecting the black bin three times a month now...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

daymobrew wrote: »
    I think that it is time to move to City Bin - cheaper and don't need tags.

And who runs that company now ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Got a note in the door yesterday from a neighbor saying Panda are collecting green bins in parts of clonsilla this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭desiredbard

jaypea1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any input would be appreciated.
    I have move in a new house in Castleknock and I rang Waste management in Fingal County Council to get bins. I was told FCC have stopped taken new customers (presumably because they are ceasing waste collection by the end of the year). So I rang Panda, Greenstar, citybin to no avail.

Does anybody know of more waste companies?

So....
    First the Gov brings in waste charges.... Rip Off
    Then the FCC prices itself almost ourt of the market ... rip off
    now FCC pulls out of the market which...... forces people who previously had exceptions for charges to go private anyway.....
    And PAANDA reduces its grey bin collection by 25%

BTW the flatrate panda charged went out of the door last year because it was at odds with the council...are we going to get our flatrate back now.

There seems to be a lack of competition to these waste(rs) but I am looking for suggestions in the Fingal Area

• Advertisement

There's no alternative in Mulhuddart anyway :(

Advertisement