Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more bins

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

And who runs that company now ???
    Are you implying that it has changed? :confused:
    Here is their About page.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

daymobrew wrote: »
    And who runs that company now ???
    Are you implying that it has changed? :confused:
    Here is their About page.

Nope .. But they might be absorbed by a bigger company soon .
    That's the way it's going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Had the same experience, on the "MON1A" route. Ex-Fingal customer, got the new calendar and invoice from Panda just before Christmas. Put out brown bin which was collected as expected on Jan 2, but black and green bins left out by neighbours weren't emptied (most of these are existing Panda customers). Rang Panda to complain on Jan 3, who said all customers should have received new calendars, neighbours confirmed nothing had been received. Litter everywhere, especially outside my house as the wind blows it here.

Probably preaching to the choir here, but please pick up any litter outside your property, and use common sense with your bins (take them in if not collected, turn them so they can't be opened by the wind etc.). My garden looked like a tip through no fault of my own, and it's pointless cleaning it if a neighbour is too selfish to control their rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Looks like the green bins have just been collected from my area. Didn't have mine out as the amount of rubbish being blown around the street with the high winds was disgraceful. No indication that there would be a collection today (or any other weekday than a Tuesday, starting on the 10th Jan as per their calendar). If there is no collection next Tuesday I'll be holding off paying a cent until there is some sort of clarity on the issue.

Probably preaching to the choir here, but please pick up any litter outside your property, and use common sense with your bins (take them in if not collected, turn them so they can't be opened by the wind etc.). My garden looked like a tip through no fault of my own, and it's pointless cleaning it if a neighbour is too selfish to control their rubbish.
    You are preaching to fellow choir members. I've been picking up litter in Carpenterstown for years - when I walk my 4 year old home from pre-school he points out stuff to pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

oblivious wrote: »
    Got a note in the door yesterday from a neighbor saying Panda are collecting green bins in parts of clonsilla this morning

Same here. Must check home if it was done as dont trust the info given.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Arciphel wrote: »
    I am in Littlepace, there was a Fingal bin truck going round my estate today at about 5pm, they were collecting the green and the black bins and just horsing all the rubbish into the one truck, Panda bins and Fingal bins. Guess the recycling notion has gone out the window temporarily!

They seemed to collect all the bins on my road but not too sure, they didn't pick up any of the rubbish strewn around the area anyway, that's for sure.

Wow, have you heard of setting up a tidy towns group. No way will bin companies do this for you. Whatever chance you had with FCC forget doing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

January wrote: »
    I'm paid up until April (still on the 282 per year tarriff) and they'll only be collecting the black bin three times a month now...

Same here, I am going to write to them asking for a pro-rata refund due to their breaking of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

daymobrew wrote: »
    You are preaching to fellow choir members. I've been picking up litter in Carpenterstown for years - when I walk my 4 year old home from pre-school he points out stuff to pick up.

Well done daymobrew - it's a brilliant idea to get your kid involved that young.

There's an element of broken windows theory to it too - cleaned areas tend to stay clean(er), and it puts the pressure on people who would otherwise let their place fall to bits. It's just habit-forming.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Got the new Panda calendar yesterday together with a letter detailing the changes to the black bin collections. They conveniently neglected to mention if there'll be any change to the charges for existing customers. Or anything at all about charges for that matter. The website just lists the annual charge of €110 and €8 per lift, so my reward for being a customer before they won the FCC contract is to have my prices jacked up by 20%. Shower of thieving b*st*rds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Zaph wrote: »
    Got the new Panda calendar yesterday together with a letter detailing the changes to the black bin collections. They conveniently neglected to mention if there'll be any change to the charges for existing customers. Or anything at all about charges for that matter. The website just lists the annual charge of €110 and €8 per lift, so my reward for being a customer before they won the FCC contract is to have my prices jacked up by 20%. Shower of thieving b*st*rds.

Yep, can't wait to get that letter of renewal in the post... my grandmother got one just before they jacked up the prices, I forgot to ask her if she got in before they did or did they charge her the extra...

I'm going to ring City Bin and a few other companies on Monday morning and ask if I could get enough people to sign up would they consider servicing our estate... at the moment it's only Panda where I am (up in Mulhuddart).

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Is there an alternative to panda in Ongar?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Muck ups (I am being polite there) like this will lead to illegal rubbish tipping. I have already seen a Public Fingal fixed bin in Littlepace with about 8 bags around it so when the council come to empty the bin they will have to take all the rubbish.

Dub XV wrote: »
    I have already seen a Public Fingal fixed bin in Littlepace with about 8 bags around it so when the council come to empty the bin they will have to take all the rubbish.
    They may search the bags to find the owners and charge them with littering.

Many years ago I reported a similar situation and the litter warden did exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭canihave

After my phone call to Panda I was told they would send someone to collect my brown on Thursday but no one arrived. I rang them on Friday and they told me there was no particular reason why they didn't collect and that someone would ring me back. I am still waiting on phone call grrr

I will be credited 2.51 per month until April because they're not collecting my black bin four times a month... wohoooo :rolleyes:

On the negative side, after ringing all the wheelie bin providers in Dublin, it looks like if City Bin don't service your estate in Dublin 15 you really are stuck with Panda...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Former FCC customer here, got my new Panda calendar & invoice there before christmas & thankfully so far have had no problems with collections, i am a tad worried about the invoice payment though, i attempted to pay online 3 or 4 times & every time i got a 'payment failed' screen come up, i then rang their automated phone payment no. followed all the steps etc but have yet to have the payment confirmed, (ie it has yet to be deducted from my bank a/c) so i was wondering, has anyone else tried to pay their annual fee & encountered something similar? ie is this Panda's normal way of doing business, to leave payments & deduct at a later date or suchlike? I have tried actually speaking to a staff member to see if i have indeed paid the invoice & theres merely a delay (understandable given the amount of new customers) etc but cant get through despite trying a few times now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I got through in about 2 minutes this morning...

January wrote: »
    I got through in about 2 minutes this morning...

Was it the automated payment you got through to or did you actually speak to a member of staff?

Either way i'll try again until i get the payment confirmed.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Spoke to a member of staff...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Rang twice and got through twice no problem. Paid on line on Thursday, rang today to see if the stickers would be out for tomorrow but was told not to worry they would collect them and that the stickers will be out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

I paid online this morning,no problems!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭timbel

This Panda "service" is getting beyond a joke now.
    No Brown bin collection last week, no green bin collection today (yet anyway).
    Will have to ring in the morning as they dont seem to respond to emails.

F*cking FCC and their bullsh*t monopoly making policy.

Our green bins were collected about 3pm...

Money was deducted from my a/c yesterday so thats that, just waiting on the stickers to go on the bins now.

FTR our Black & Brown bins were both collected early yesterday morning, so in terms of collections i've certainly no issues so far.

Black and Brown both collected before 8am, all good, waiting on the new stickers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭timbel

Rang Panda this morning, said they'd be out tomorrow to collect both the brown and green bins - we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

nudger wrote: »
    Black and Brown both collected before 8am, all good, waiting on the new stickers now.
    DvB wrote: »
    Money was deducted from my a/c yesterday so thats that, just waiting on the stickers to go on the bins now.

FTR our Black & Brown bins were both collected early yesterday morning, so in terms of collections i've certainly no issues so far.
    Just wondering if two seperate trucks collected the bins or did it all go into the one?

Don't know, woke up and the bin fairy was gone. I'd say it was separate all the black bins were left neatly by the kerb while the brown ones were all over the place.

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Just wondering if two seperate trucks collected the bins or did it all go into the one?
    I have seen a single truck, possibly CityBin, collect 2 types of bins - they had separate compartments.

Advertisement