Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No more bins

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Centrocampista

Try Citybin

We use them in Fernleigh

No complaints.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭desiredbard

That shower collected bins a day late last week: Both Green and grey bin were tipped into the same truck..

If that stays the case I will stop using my grey bin altogether
    I go through the hassle of separating...and they tip it in the same hole?

On top of that they increased my charges and reduced the amount of collection now I have no alternative to these muckers

Every one was in uproar when bin charges were introduced... Now the councils back out of their failed attempt to raise taxes were sold out to private companies for even higher charges?

This has nothing to do with a cleaner environment... they collect in the same truck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

The truck is divided into two compartments, one side is for green and the other for black/grey.
    It is not al tipped into the one section and mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Try Citybin

We use them in Fernleigh

No complaints.:D
    citybin will only do a few certain areas in D15 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Just a quick update:today,Panda's truck came,collected all black and green bins,left no signs/dirt/marks on the road,put the bins to the side of the road... all fine,i can say normal for me ,been with them here for years !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Yeah back to normal (except obviously the switch to Mondays).

They just got it so wrong over the Christmas period. That is the first time since we joined 2 years ago that we have had an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Any thing better about citybin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Dub XV wrote: »
    Yeah back to normal (except obviously the switch to Mondays).

They just got it so wrong over the Christmas period. That is the first time since we joined 2 years ago that we have had an issue.

Yes mine got collected too so hopefully the xmas debacle was a one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

BostonB wrote: »
    Any thing better about citybin ?

It's cheaper? http://www.citybin.com/cms/index.php?page=Household-Fingal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

glossy wrote: »
    citybin will only do a few certain areas in D15 :(

Me neither, :( I'm near Centrocampista too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

we got thrown off by pandas collection days and by the looks of things over the last week so did alot of other people. we had the fingal calender which is clearly marked and easy to read, their collection days were thursday so i assumed panda were the same. pandas calender is tiny and hard to read. their collection day is tuesday. i missed a few collections due to crossed days. a fingal truck actually came around last thurs really confusing the issue even more :confused::confused:, found out later on they were collecting missed bins.
    cut a long story short rang panda last thurs and got through straight away. explained about crossed dates and the girl said we could leave out up to 2 black sacks extra and no more which would be taken. paid my €110 annual charge over the phone. why in gods name we cant use the fingal cards anymore in the shops is beyond me. i assume the annual charge would still be going to fingal. black bin collected today but truck was leaving behind the one black sack i left out luckily i was in making sure. collection guy saying it was to big. i came up with this brilliant idea of just throwing the sack into the bin and lift it which they did :rolleyes:.
    so at last we're back to normal now, bins emptied. no more worrying about where all those ****ty nappies re going to be left :D

Panda will send you a card if you ask them to, I have one that I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone get their new Panda bin stickers yet?
    I paid the yearly fee in early January and haven't got anything yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

ongarite wrote: »

No, not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Same here, have emailed them to see if there'll be any issue with collecting fingal bins not supplied with panda stickers or suchlike but havent heard anything back as of yet. If i haven't heard anything by the end of the week i'll give them a call, for now i'm not overly worried as the bins are being collected without any problems, but wouldn't like that to change on a collection day we could ill afford the bin being left behind.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

In same position-- on ringing on Tuesday was told that there was a delay in printing (!!!) and that they should be out in a "few" weeks. They assured there would be no problems in collections meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

paid the €110 a couple of weeks ago and still waiting for stickers.
    January wrote: »
    Panda will send you a card if you ask them to, I have one that I use.
    didn't ask for a card but got one this morning in the post. can anyone tell me what this card is for. i really hope it's not to pay for weekly collections. i love the bin tags and buy them as i need them. i dont need another card to my wallet. to many of those going around.

You can't buy bin tags anymore, you will be billed quarterly for your lifts... or at least that's what happens with my parents and my grandmother... you can then pay your bill in shop or online.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

DvB wrote: »
    Same here, have emailed them to see if there'll be any issue with collecting fingal bins not supplied with panda stickers or suchlike but havent heard anything back as of yet. If i haven't heard anything by the end of the week i'll give them a call, for now i'm not overly worried as the bins are being collected without any problems, but wouldn't like that to change on a collection day we could ill afford the bin being left behind.
    per the panda website they will be issued in early Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

kranbo wrote: »
    per the panda website they will be issued in early Feb

Cool!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 nodnod

Just got off phone to panda customer service, they said no bin stickers wil be available until end of february at the earliest. Bins will still be collected until then

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nodnod

nodnod wrote: »

Just got off phone to panda customer service, they said no bin stickers wil be available until end of february at the earliest. Bins will still be collected until then

Forgot to say panda said they have a printing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Anyone else's brown bin not collected yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

fletch wrote: »
    Anyone else's brown bin not collected yesterday?

Well on my calendar it was the green bin yesterday. And it was collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

collegeme wrote: »
    Well on my calendar it was the green bin yesterday. And it was collected.
    My brown bin was definitely due to be collected.
    https://panda.ie/assets/docs/pdf/F_MON_2B.pdf

My new bin has still not been delivered :( The other one was robbed nearly three weeks ago.

Panda must be reading this thread... bin was waiting for us when we arrived home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

fletch wrote: »
    My brown bin was definitely due to be collected.
    https://panda.ie/assets/docs/pdf/F_MON_2B.pdf

Thanks, i was looking for DLR and found all docs are available here:
    https://panda.ie/assets/docs/pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

no issues any more with ours in porters gate, they've been collecting on time as per their schedule on the little leaflet they posted in the door a few weeks back.

Advertisement