Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firearms Application Help

• 24-08-2011 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey everyone I was hoping for some information on this gun. It's a .410 Bolt Action Stevens J Shotgun with a 5 slot magazine.

http://www.ukgunroom.com/viewGun.jsp?id=14128&fromSearch=true

And some information on this gun:

Falco 9mm Single Barrel Shotgun

http://www.ukgunroom.com/viewGun.jsp?id=50274&fromSearch=true

Would ammo for the Falco 9mm & the Stevens J .410 be dear?
    Would a Firearms Certificate be enough for the Falco?
    Would I be able to import these firearms without much nuisance?
    And would I be issued a Firearms Certificate for the Falco 9mm?

.410 Bolt Action Stevens J Shotgun

sstevens5shotboltaction.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

~Jonathan

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

DirtyDev wrote: »
    Hey everyone I was hoping for some information on this gun. It's a .410 Bolt Action Stevens J Shotgun with a 5 slot magazine.

http://www.ukgunroom.com/viewGun.jsp?id=14128&fromSearch=true

And some information on this gun:

Falco 9mm Single Barrel Shotgun

http://www.ukgunroom.com/viewGun.jsp?id=50274&fromSearch=true

I wouldn't know anymore than what a Google search could provide so i'll refrain from posting about the guns.
    Would ammo for the Falco 9mm & the Stevens J .410 be dear?

The .410 shouldn't be too dear Around the €10 per obx mark. The Falco would be a different story. Does she only fire the rimfire shells or have i the right gun?
    Would a Firearms Certificate be enough for the Falco?

Well a firearms certificate is all thats available. If its a working firearm then it needs a license.
    Would I be able to import these firearms without much nuisance?

Once you have the appropriate license you simply apply, online, to the DOJ supplying your license details, firearm details, etc and you'll get the import license easily enough. You may need a dealer to import but thats down to the Super/Firearms Officer.
    And would I be issued a Firearms Certificate for the Falco 9mm?

Again its completely up to your FO/Super. If it is the rimfire shotgun i'm thinking of then its an oddity but by all means can be licensed. Its the .410 shotgun i would be concerend with. Any shotgun capable of holding more than 3 rounds is classed as a restriced firearm and requires a restricted firearms license. This means higher security (possibly, and the application is provessed through your Chief Super rather than the Super. restricting the firearm to hold only 3 shots would negate this, but i doubt the owner would do this on the basis you will buy it if given a license, and it must be done before the Super would issue you with a license. Its a sort of catch 22.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DirtyDev

Thanks very much Ezridax. One more question. A mate of mine told me that you need a Limited Firearms License for a total of 3 years before applying for a license for a rifle or restricted firearm. Can I apply for a license for a rifle or do I need a Limited Firearms License for a total of 3 years?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm afraid your mate is wrong.

If you are between 14 and 16 you can get a training firearms license whereby you are licensed on another persons (usually a relative) firearm. If you are over 16 you can apply for a full license. There is no time table to abide by. A license is granted for 3 years at a time after which you have to re-apply to be granted the license again.

If you were 15, and got a training license. When you turn 16 you can apply for a full license. There is no need to wait until the training one expires.

Have a read of the red announcement at the top of the main page. There is some good general info there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement