Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morning Ireland - nasal presenter

• 24-08-2011 5:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭

Listening to MI yesterday in the car could not believe the amount of nasal snorting that the male presenter was doing while he was listening to the answers from his interviewee.

I think the presenter is Cathal MacCoille.

Can someone on the production team not tell him to keep his hooter more than an inch from the mic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

What sort of snorting? Like the headcold variety?

Not usually a problem with Cathal MacCoille, to my recollection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Happens ALL the time with him. Usually though the producer is able to do something about it. Noticed it yesterday but not as bad as other nasal whines I have heard from him...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I remember a few years back when he actually had to apologise for the nose whistling one morning after a load of complaints from listeners.

He obviously didn't mean it because he was doing the exact same thing the very next day. :rolleyes:

Cathal, lean away from the microphone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

tallpaul wrote: »
    Happens ALL the time with him. Usually though the producer is able to do something about it. Noticed it yesterday but not as bad as other nasal whines I have heard from him...

Yeah I've always been aware of a certain amount of breathing noises.. Seems that nobody has the balls to bring it to his attention..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

And while they're out buying nasal drops for Cathal, it wouldn't kill the barstewards in Montrose to buy a clock that works along with a few copies of the Ladybird book of "How to tell the time" - and make it required reading for MI presenters.

The amount of occasions they get the time wrong on that show...even this morning I nearly flipped over the table when yer wan says "and here on MI, it's ten minutes to nine"....luckily enough in my country it was still ten to eight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glad it wasn't just me who gets annoyed by this sort of thing.

Once you hear it, you can't stop listening for it, and then each time you hear it you really cringe.

I am sure that the production staff must listen to the broadcast, all it would take is for one of them to say "sit back from the mic a bit cos your breathing down your big nose is deafening".

Advertisement