Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garage alarm

Options
  • 24-08-2011 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi all ,
    i am looking to alarm a detached garage , i am thinking of installing a wire free system in the main house but want the garage to be a stand alone system that will trigger a zone in the house.

any suggestions

many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there just a garage door or is there much else?
    A garage would be easy enough to wire so look at a basic system using either SigNET or Securewave. The outputs from that could wire into either a wired or wireless zone on the house alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

tcon wrote: »
    hi all ,
    i am looking to alarm a detached garage , i am thinking of installing a wire free system in the main house but want the garage to be a stand alone system that will trigger a zone in the house.

any suggestions

many thanks.

The best way to do this would be to set up the garage as a different block to the house with a different code. What this will do is give you the ability to have the house either on or off plus your still protecting the garage if it is not in use as its block is still armed. If you want to go in there just enter the code for this block to disarm it, then set it again when finished. All with one system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

i'd probably set the garage up as another block as well.
    The signet will do this for you and more

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is the cheapest option, installing a second control panel for the garage makes no sense with other options available..

Advertisement