Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodstown House

Options
  • 24-08-2011 7:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Any one throw any light on the rumour that Richard Corrigan has bought Woodstown House with plans to turn it into a B&B and cookery school?
    Now that would make the southeast a meca for foodies, with three of them based here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

I have heard the same rumour, and i was out there Sunday at the August Fair, went to the Saratoga for a pint and i saw Corrigan sitting out in the beer garden do he's definitely around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

This has been reported on the 1 o'clock news on wlrfm. Said he's believed to be in negociations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

woodstown house is falling to pieces, its going to cost a lot to do it up. but fair play to him and i wish him all the best. might even do a course there myself if the price is right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Well it seems he's (certainly initially) buying it for the land and to grow vegetables to supply his UK restaurants so fair play to him for setting up here rather than across the sea. What another great boost for the area, we're really on the map as a foodie destination!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

kkdela6 wrote: »
    woodstown house is falling to pieces, its going to cost a lot to do it up. but fair play to him and i wish him all the best. might even do a course there myself if the price is right :)

According to that link it was completely refurbished in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Yes but the pipes burst and water ran through it for a week during the recent heavy frost.

Some pics of the house here. Inside doesn't look too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Hopefully it'll feature on the Telly & entice more visitors to our lovely county

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

According to wlrfm news Richard Corrigan has pulled out of buying Woodstown House.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/132825.html

Richard Corrigan has pulled out of a deal to buy Woodstown House in Co Waterford

Earlier this year the award winning chef agreed to buy the 30 acre country estate and planned to restore the six bedroom property, create a walled garden in the grounds and open an adjoining cookery school.However according to the Sunday Times the deal has now collapsed after Richard Corrigan's financial advisers estimated it would cost 3 million euro to complete the project.The estate beside Woodstown strand is back on the market for 825,000 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Neesie123

Has anyone any idea who owns woodstown house now? Is it still for sale? Can't seem to find anything online

Neesie123 wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea who owns woodstown house now? Is it still for sale? Can't seem to find anything online

A couple from London bought it has a holiday home as far as i know. Its currently being renovated. They have increased security with CCTV all over the place so there is no access anymore. Even the people staying in the holiday homes cannot use the avenue to walk to the beach, they have to drive around the long way.

Advertisement