Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas in Ireland- Hotels

Options
  • 24-08-2011 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hoping to go away for 3 nights from Christmas Eve. Can anyone suggest a good hotel with a Christmas program. We are a couple with no kids so would have a preference for somewhere where the focus might be more on relaxation over a glass of mulled wine by a roaring fire etc rather than a visit from Santa. Having done a google search there is a lot of stuff from last year still up. Just wondering if perhaps I am thinking too far ahead ( though I wouldn't have thought so) or are lots of hotels not doing Christmas this year. So far, I can see that Harveys Point Donegal, Cashel House and Renvyle House, Connemara and the Park Hotel in Kenmare have various offerings. The Park looks to be out of our price range. Cashel and Renvyle look good but I have concerns about the accommodation being a little dated so not sure about those. Are there any others that I have missed or can anyone offer any advice. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I know the SAS Radisson in Galway do a Christmas package. Haven't a clue how much it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MaryLeahy5

Knightsbrook hotel is lovely! They have a Christmas program as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

my Brother in law and wife and her parents went to the Slieve Russell in Cavan last year and loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

connemara coast hotel is lovely...i worked here for a few Christmases...clontarf castle advertise this also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I presume you are from Dublin but if not, the Radisson St Helens are open over Xmas. We did Xmas for 3 years there, although we didn't actually stay there we just went for the food on the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement