Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding sensors

Options
  • 24-08-2011 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I have an aritech alarm which is up and running for the past few years but there are a number of window which do not have sensors but have cables there so sensors can be added. Is it straight forward to add these sensors myself? Was hoping someone on here would know, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wiring is straightdorwrd enough. You may news engineer access f adding to a new zone.
    what Aritech system is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

To be honest I don't know what system it is. The alarm is about 10 years old but i now need to add 8 window sensors now. That's all the info I have I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you look at the main panel it may tell you. If probably a CS350.
    In that case more than likely Zones 1-4 are analysed. If that's the case you could connect tour new windows into one of these zones.
    Also bear on mind more than 10 devices on a zone is not a good idea and other windows should not be on with an entry zone. Ie. Front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jonas7 wrote: »
    I have an aritech alarm which is up and running for the past few years but there are a number of window which do not have sensors but have cables there so sensors can be added. Is it straight forward to add these sensors myself? Was hoping someone on here would know, thanks.

Yes it is but make sure you have enough zones to add these extra sensors. If you dont have engineer access to the alarm then the zones will just be set up as alarm which will help if they are windows. You will also need to check the other zones on the system to see what way they are wired as there will be resistors used, it will be single end of line for one resister on a loop or dual if two are used.

If you do have any problems doing this you will get all the help you need here :D

Advertisement