Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insulation Issue

Options
  • 24-08-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

A friend of mine had there house insulated last week, insulation pumped into the cavity of the walls, roof and also attic. The only problem is some of the roofs on the downstairs extensions are flat meaning holes had to be drilled into the ceilings plaster board and then the insulation was pumped into the space above. A total of 100 golf ball size holes were drilled. The insulation used was rockwool meaning that a special foam was used to seal each hole to contain the rockwool.

Now onto the problem, the ceilings were left in an awful state with about 3 to 4 inches of sealant hanging from each hole :eek:. Is it my responsibility to cut this sealant flush with the ceiling, ployfill so that I have a normal looking ceiling or should the Insulation company have done it :confused:. Obviously I'll look after repainting and cleaning up the house after the work was complete.

Any help would be great..!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

All depends on what was agreed to when the service was ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Not meaning to sound smart but good luck to you getting your (or friends?) ceiling looking "normal" after repairing 100 golf ball size holes. Perhaps it was ill advised to get this form of insulation retro fitted in a flat roof.

You might get better answers in Construction and planning.

Advertisement