Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sound issues

Options
  • 24-08-2011 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi. I've recently moved into a 2 bed apartment in charlesland. Am hearing lots of noise from the duplex overhead. Is this normal for this estate? Am hearing things that I don't think I should - lots of noise from the kitchen, bathroom etc at all hours of the day and night. Also very clearly hearing people moving and banging about very late at night on a regular basis. I've lived in apartments before but never experienced anything like this. Is the soundproofing really bad here or am I just very unlucky with my neighbours? Sometimes I do think they make an awful lot of noise that they could avoid and are not very considerate. Has anyone else had any experience of dealing with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Quackhart

Live in a Duplex and would honestly say that you would not even know someone was beneath us. I'm surprised to hear that you are having a problem with noise as there is a sound proofing underlay in all the Duplexes....

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Watchtime

Live in a duplex and would hope that our neighbours in the apt below would not be upset by noise levels. Would try do everything we could not to be noisy on a regular basis, partcularly at anti-social hours (no late night washing machines etc.)

Suggest you might try calling in our dropping in a note????

As for noise...what about a barking dog in the park continuously in the evenings!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Watchtime wrote: »
    Live in a duplex and would hope that our neighbours in the apt below would not be upset by noise levels. Would try do everything we could not to be noisy on a regular basis, partcularly at anti-social hours (no late night washing machines etc.)

Suggest you might try calling in our dropping in a note????

As for noise...what about a barking dog in the park continuously in the evenings!!!! :mad:
    Screw the dog it's the alarm that goes off in the middle of the night for hours that gets at me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Please keep this on topic people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

Living in CL grove and in a ground floor apt with a duplex above. Previous tenants where brill, walked around with cotton wool on their feet, this crowd are in the lead boot category. Think they may mind young energetic grandkids during the day which doesn't help as im a shift worker, but their not to know as everbodies situation is different. So back to OP don't think it's sound proofing just down to noisy neighbours. Difficult going forward to broach this subject, am at a lose myself. Advice going forward appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bjmlittlefield

The landlord of my apartment told me that when they were originally sold, the buyers received vouchers to put in their own flooring. Was this the same with the duplexes and if so, was it then the responsibility of the individual owners to put in the soundproofing underlay you talk about? Or was that done by the builders beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Quick question, do you rent or own this unit OP?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bjmlittlefield

Rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

bjmlittlefield, I own a duplex and in the Park we got a carpet allowance that roughly covered the cost of hall, stairs and landing. The individual would have then organised their own wooden floors for the sitting room. In my own experience, the soundproofing is fine unless you have noisey neighbours and then it can travel up and down. You could probably say that about any house though. I'm always conscious that there are people underneath and we use door stoppers around the house. Maybe you can talk to them or consider going to the management company. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I don't live in a duplex, but in a two bed house. I can hear everything form my neighbours. The kids next door like to play "bang the toilet seat on a Saturday and Sunday morning" for fun. Eh not fun from my house. The walls are like paper and not fun when parties and music invade your sleep patterns on weeknights and last night!! :mad:[

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

The tells Fred the Maintenance Guy from the apartments tells about the construction of the houses and duplexes put me right off buying them.

Paper is pretty close to what they are made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Loulouobrien

I live in the court and the walls are like paper we are ground floor apt and we can hear the toilet seat banging and running up and down the stairs washing machines tooo and there are not kids in the duplex above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Daisy23

Hi, am thinking of renting a ground floor apartment in Charlesland. There is a 3-bedroom duplex on top of it. Am just wondering if it would be noisy. Obviously there might be children living 'on top'. Has anyone any experience with this?

Advertisement