Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread deleted from the Cork City forum. Why?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

There was a big thread in the cork City forum deleted/disappeared yesterday about the alleged homophobe actions of doormen in The Old Oak pub in Cork City.

Now, having read the thread, there was nothing there which would ahev left Boards.ie open. Not to mention the fact that it is all over the media, so the alleged offense was not just being made up by the posters in the thread.

For the most part, the discussion was civil. Maybe a handful of posts out of approx 75 could be deemed trolling at worst. Then it just disappeared without any mod comment. A new thread was set up in the same forum asking where it went and there is still no mod comment almst 24 hours later.

Is it that whoever deleted it did not want the hassle of actually modding it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

As a moderator, you should be well aware that the standard procedure is to PM the mod(s) in question, not to start a thread in Feedback.

Also, the thread is not deleted it is still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

True, forgot about that - sorry - by why not at least a re direct so?

gimmick wrote: »
    True, forgot about that - sorry - by why not at least a re direct so?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the instructions in my initial post. :)

Not sure, perhaps the mod in question forgot to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is that the same thread as was in the Cork City forum though or is it one that was specifically started in AH?

What's with all the questions? :o

I don't know, I'm just a lowly admin. I don't have all the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I was just wondering. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

The AH thread is a different one. The Cork City one was 6 pages long with some very interesting posts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ludo wrote: »
    The AH thread is a different one. The Cork City one was 6 pages long with some very interesting posts.

There was an awful lot of hate-speech in it as well, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

There was an awful lot of hate-speech in it as well, unfortunately.

One poster in particular yes...but the discussion was good and very civilised and also led to a great post by SayWhaaat. Can't see why the whol;e thread had to be deleted without explanation rather than just moderating/editing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

There's three different threads on it atm.

One in the Cork forum because it happened in a Cork pub.
    One in LBGT because it was a gay couple.
    And one in AH because everything ends up in AH eventually.

All with different posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,183 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

saw that thread on the front page.

if you look at the bars facebook page they issued a joint statement. not sure what else there is to talk about anyway

Overheal wrote: »
    not sure what else there is to talk about anyway

Agreed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement