Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgages - Who to go with ?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Basically this week I am loan and credit card free as in everything is paid off. I am getting a deposit 55,000 gift for a house but i have no savings. My overdraft is 300 euros which i go into the odd time. Not huge but i heard you have to have a clear current account for 6 months. Savings, was hard up until this week as i was clearing loans and credit cards as to why I was dipping into overdraft now and again. I am paying rent of 475 a month, last year on my own i was paying 700 a month. Full time perament job for over 10 years. I reckon the savings will go against me ? Do they take rent into account, anyone any advice :) . I paid off 2 loans and 2 cr cards the past month, I am over the moon and would like to buy now as I can well afford it.

Also would you go with a Broker or contact banks seperate? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Broker every time - you will fill in one set of forms and he will contact a whole load of places for you, and get offers etc

Yes some places dont deal with brokers - but many many do :)

Where if you go into AIB and BOI you have to go thru all the messing with each individually and your only dealing with one place.

One thing, go to a decent broker, so if you can get a name from a mate or family member, as there may well be some cowboys left out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Caroline_T

Thanks :D Broker it is, I have been told the same by a few people the past few days. Good to get a few quotes at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Don't buy yet. :cool:

House prices have fallen by 15% in the last 12 months(a global high) and ovwer 11% the previous 12 months.

A house now could be 25-40% cheaper in a few years time.

Advertisement