Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Sperminator

have to agree dave, some great games this afternoon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hope to make it out this weekend :)

I'll have to spend all week making sure all my gear still works

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Glad I was sitting down when I read that! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

The Master wrote: »

yeah right, your airsoft attendance is nearly as bad as andy g's.......... you (ch)airsoft mods are all the same.......................... oh wait a min........... d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Roll on the weekend !!!!!

• Advertisement

i forgot to mention, sunday will be a milsim type day and your more than welcome!

the site will be closed until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Very :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Seriously? I never got out here - I kept putting it off :(

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What?? How come?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

WHY? :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'm shocked to hear the site has been closed; I just cannot fathom Irish airsoft without HRTA and never have. Hopefully it wont be long back up and running.

Best of luck to Paul, Mel, & the marshals in getting the place back up and running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭FlankWiz94

What happened??? I'm completely clueless to what happened and as HRTA is my favorite site and always has been since i started airsoft almost 2 years ago I'm concerned about this. Don't want to lose this site so much craic and banter is had and if it is closed i don't know what will happen to my future airsofting. Can anyone give any details why its closed? If not its grand.

hrta being closed is an ongoing case at the moment, it might be best not to speculate/ discuss in specifics until an outcome is reached or paul posts here to explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Say what you like about the site now, but hrta is where a good few of the serious airsofters in Ireland got their start. End of an era alright.

i'm still standing for paul and the hrta. so come on lads and lassies show your support for the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hawkeye1000

i'm still standing for paul and the hrta. so come on lads and lassies show your support for the site.

well said Sperminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Granted I very much drifted away from HRTA in recent times, I never forget what it gave to me as a new player. It is where I first started and where I met all the guys I now consider good friends, where I met a guy who employed me for two years, and where I first fell in love with the game and milsim.

It also the site that took a leap and a risk playing milsim events and letting guys run their scenarios of games, and to a certain extent while the player base was small, I've had some outrageously good milsims there, and so many good games.

Many a great memory, far outweigh any negatives...and it was in a way, the conception of noize

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Hi All,

We are having a planning issue with fingal co co, A representation in writing was made to fingal planning authority by a member of the public that we are an unauthorized development airsoft site, so i need to see what the report was, and if i can act on it.

Might just be some thing for other sites to watch out for, as this is a big deal with any planning authority, and they have more power than any other state body in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Paul, as I've said to you already - hoping it all works out, and if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know!

As my first, favourite and basically only site - I'd absolutely hate to see you go. Some of the best laughs and memories of airsoft, I have there. Met many friends, learned so much stuff and so much more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

let me know if there is anything we can do Paul as I am not about to go anywhere else
    never had a bad day their and Iam very piticuler about where i bring my young lad
    dont see anyone not being behind you 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Went to this site 3 years ago and it's the only place I ever go if im going skirmishing.
    I'd be quite upset to see HRTA go so I hope things work out for you Paul.

as i've said paul, i'm right beside you to give support. you and other players give my children (who many for you know have some disabilites) support and build thier self esteam and for the first time in any sport they when treated as equals. so i'm going to keep fighting and visit and write to my local TDs and see if we can get some support from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hawkeye1000

Right beside u as well Paul. Being going 2 Hrta since the very first Hrta come in existence way back in 06/07. lol. if their is any help u need u need only ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

airsoft in this country aswell as retailers and other sites owe more to hrta then they will ever know or will ever like to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

Jesus lads really sorry to hear this, hope ya won't be gone for long, bureaucracy is a joke in this country

If you do need any help getting back up, feel free to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Alan b. wrote: »
    airsoft in this country aswell as retailers and other sites owe more to hrta then they will ever know or will ever like to admit.

I think most site owners understand the risk Paul took that paved the way for the rest of us dude, sorry for the hastle Paul it's bull as usual. We had our own trouble with Fingal co co a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭callum wallace

hrta if you need help you know were to find me

I think most site owners understand the risk Paul took that paved the way for the rest of us dude, sorry for the hastle Paul it's bull as usual. We had our own trouble with Fingal co co a while back.

sorry, only spotting this now, yeah, i was by no means implying that nobody was aware, as you say, its hard to dismiss,
    but at the same time, you would be supprised by the attitude of SOME people involved.

• Advertisement

sorry, only spotting this now, yeah, i was by no means implying that nobody was aware, as you say, its hard to dismiss,
    but at the same time, you would be supprised by the attitude of SOME people involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement