Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Question

Options
  • 24-08-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi guys, so I am just after registering, only doing resits this semester, but i was automatically registered to my resits and I also had 2 repeats from semester one, and I was able to register for one of these but the other says: 'Repeat not available'? Do I have to do all repeats? Or seeing as this is not available will I have to do it next year? Really don't want the latter, as I wan't a clean start next year!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I assume it says repeat not available because it's not offered in the first semester. And you can only resit a module in the semester immediately after you fail it. Is a repeat offered in the second semester? If not, then the module probably isn't on this year in which case you will have to substitute it. Was it a core module?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ucd11

No repeat offered in the second semester either! Yeah it's a core, all the modules in my course are cores, and it's a prerequisite for a modules I'll be doing next year! Is it possible to pass it by compensation, seeing as I'll be doing all the other repeats?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have a look in the Course Search and see if the module is still on this year. It's possible it's been replaced with a new core module. But yeah, if you got an E in it and you meet the GPA requirements you should be able to compensate it. But you need make sure your course allows you to do this. In some courses you have to repeat failed core modules.

It might be a good idea to contact your programme office.

Thanks for the replies Sad Professor! :)
    I did the course search, and the tab 'when is this module offered' is not there so I guess that means that it's not offered this semester!
    I think my programme permits passing core modules by compensation, because I know of a few in my course who have done so, but yeah I'll contact the programme office to be sure, thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

do you have to pay before you register if you're a continuing student?

• Advertisement

I didn't have to pay this morning anyway!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

do you have to pay before you register if you're a continuing student?

I didn't have to - I haven't paid yet but registered to option modules.

Hopefully I can still register to elective modules without paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I didn't have to - I haven't paid yet but registered to option modules.

Hopefully I can still register to elective modules without paying!

You must be able to! Isn't it like you can pay half by September 11th and the rest sometime in January?

Advertisement