Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to register straight away tomorrow?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know registration for 1st years opens tomorrow but does it matter if I have to leave registration until early next week (Monday) to pay fees etc.?
    Does it actually make a difference when you register, just as long as its before the deadline?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

No thats grand, You've ages to pay I think, someone will confirm that. You should register tomorrow and just click 'continue without payment' so you'll skip to the part where you pick your modules and select the times for tutorials if you have a chance to.

EDIT: Here you go

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

First year module registration isn't until the 1st. It's just personal information tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭augmented reality

Conor108 wrote: »
    No thats grand, You've ages to pay I think, someone will confirm that. You should register tomorrow and just click 'continue without payment' so you'll skip to the part where you pick your modules and select the times for tutorials if you have a chance to.

Thanks,
    I mightn't get a chance to register at all tomorrow so could I leave it all until next Monday?
    I think it says that 1st years cant pick modules etc until the 1st of september(next Thursday)???
    I wont get a chance to do any of that until Friday, will it make much difference???
    I dont really know what modules I can pick as I dont know anything about them.... should I wait till orientation week to decide what modules to pick.
    btw I'm doing engineering omnibus if that makes any difference, it's a common 1st year??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you wait too long you may not get your choice of modules. I'd recommend registering for them early on the 1st. You can change your mind later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thanks,
    I mightn't get a chance to register at all tomorrow so could I leave it all until next Monday?
    I think it says that 1st years cant pick modules etc until the 1st of september(next Thursday)???
    I wont get a chance to do any of that until Friday, will it make much difference???

Yeah thats grand if it's just personal information tomorrow. I didn't do engineering so I don't know what choice of modules there is, if any. Someone here will probably have an answer for you. I wouldn't imagine it'd make a difference, wouldn't worry about it!:)

• Advertisement

I think Engineering has one or two option modules in first year. I could be mistaken though. And elective registration opens the same day.

Advertisement