Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mechanical Engineering

• 24-08-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi guys ,

I may be accepting my offer of mechanical engineering in GMIT over the next week and I have until monday to decide. Im just looking for peoples opinions on what the course is like ,the lecturers etc. I was planning on doing the course in NUIG but didnt receive enough points and my level of maths isnt as good . Ive heard that the level of maths in the GMIT version is quite easier ?
    Is it true that when you do this course plus the 1 year addon for a level 8 that it is the exact same degree as that from NUI ? As of 4 days ago I was sure that I'd receive an offer for CS/IT in NUIG but as the course jumped by 65 points ,im now looking at one of my other options ,Mechanical eng.
    Also do you think that an employer might see any less of a mechanical engineer coming from an IT rather than a university ? In the end do you think its worth it that i choose to go to GMIT and study this course or should I just wait for a course in NUIG ?

Thanks for any advice !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

some employers regard mechanical engineers coming from gmit more employable than those who come from nuig. more practical experience rather than just theory. and regarding the maths, i wouldnt call it simple but its quite manageable once you put in the work. and once you do the forth year in gmit you have a level 8 degree which is pretty much the same as a degree from nuig.

Advertisement