Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service Contract for Waste Water treatment

Options
  • 24-08-2011 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

As part of my planning permision [Galway coco] i need to have a 3 year service contract in place for my Waste water treatment unit!
    I have a p6 unit and the supplier is offering a service contract of 200 euro per year!
    Is there any other alternative?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Not really - if it's part of your planning permission - if you don't have the contract you're not in compliance.

I know there are some independent operators in some areas who offer the service and who may possibly be cheaper, but what happens if there's an issue which is outside routine maintenance and inspection and you need input from the manufacturer ? Quite often the once off call out charge is nearly as expensive as the annual fee.
    To be honest €200 is at the lower end of the figures I've heard quoted for some models.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Be thankful you're not in Donegal. Standard condition is a 5 year maintenance contract :eek:

Advertisement