Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loan To Buy agricultural Land

• 24-08-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know the average rate banks charge for a loan to buy land?

Also what is the typical payback period.? do they allow the loan to be repaid over 20 years or is it more short term.?

Cant find any info online

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

I bought land on mortgage. I couldn't get a straight loan for the land they wanted additional collateral. As I had a house mortgage that was nearly cleared they just bumped that up and took the deeds of the land as well :(.
    I`m currently paying 4.25% but thats OK I can easily manage it.
    I also had a good job and was already farming so that helped.
    I`d say its even harder now and doubt they would lend out money unless you can demonstrate that you can easily pay it back. IE they are looking for AAA class customers only. Solid job, good salary, big deposit, proven record.........etc etc
    not easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭locky76

6.5% over 20 years, you have to put up 25% of the cost yourself.
    HillFarmer wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know the average rate banks charge for a loan to buy land?

Also what is the typical payback period.? do they allow the loan to be repaid over 20 years or is it more short term.?

Cant find any info online

Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

4.3 % --5 % 20 years
    80% funding
    @7,000 per acre plus stamp duty plus tax on capital repayments is it worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

No not worth it, land is probably the worst performing asset for the amount of money that is tied up in it.

Thanks for all the replies, think I'll head in to AIB this week and see how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

oh yeah as for stamp duty they wont lend for that either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭F.D

Grecco wrote: »
    oh yeah as for stamp duty they wont lend for that either way
    thats like getting finance for a car but they wont give it for the steering wheel, sure stamp duty is part and parcel of it isnt it? anyway you would just ask for more to cover it

Advertisement