Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing Arch Hall, near Wilkinstown

Options
  • 24-08-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    there are a few places I'm discovering in Meath that I really want to go and see, and Larch hall, the ruined mansion, looks really interesting.

Does anybody know if there is access to this site to the public? From what I can see on teh map, it looks like you head to Wilkinstown from Navan, and take a left in the middle of the town.

Any advice would be great, I want to avoid going there if its private land.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭creative100

Take a left in the middle of the "town"? Lol.

Yes you can take a left there after the railway crossing and head on down that road a few minutes. There is a laneway from what I can remember, but just park up and hit the fields if you have to. Clongill is the name of the area and the castle is there too.

And dont forget to get us some photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

I didnt know why you laughed at the word "town" but now I do :)

I was looking for an actual town, and ended up in Nobber before I realised I'd gone too far. Thanks for the directions.

It is actually on private land, but when I went down the lane, the dude on the farm gave me permission to go in and take a look around, so fair dues to him.

Couple of snaps of the place attached.

Advertisement