Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

only doing repeat module in sem 1

Options
  • 24-08-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

i am doing a repeat module in sem one in order to be able to progress to stage 2 , im aware i have to pay the 230 + 28 student levy, however if i was just to do the one repeat module and no stage 2 modules in advance as elevtives would i not have to pay the reg fee? if so , and i start stage 2 after xmas when will i be able to do sem 2 of stage 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Unfortunately you have to register to repeat / resit or substitute. To register you have to pay the fees per this link. http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/fees_registration.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭corkman123

yea, i knwo that, im already automatically registered to the module which is fine and i know i will have to pay the 230 + student levy but i am unsure if i will have to pay 1k for the sem if i only do the one repeat module ? ( that link is from last year, repeat fees as in whether or not the reg fee has to be paid has changed )

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ucd11

Hey Corkman, as you know I'm only doing repeats this semester and I don't have to pay the registration fee, just the repeat fees and the €158 student level. If it's only repeats you're doing you pay no registration fee. If however your are doing other modules as well as the repeat, you pay registration fee and seemingly €333 per module, as it outlines in the link, as far as I can see anyway:
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/newfees.html

ah okay, looking at that then il think il just do the repeat ha! but if i start stage 2 at xmas... when do i make up the sem 2 modules of level 2?

I suppose you'd have to do an extra semester at the end of your degree! Unless you just do the one module semester 1 and nothing in semester 2 and start 2nd year next year normally? That's what I'm doing, getting a job for semester 2 and then back next september to start 3rd normally with a clean slate!

• Advertisement

yea suppose, but is it possible to start stage 2 in jan fresh and just do an extra semester at the end ?

Well I'm definitely no expert, but as far as I know, you'd probably go into stage 2 semester 2 after Xmas, and then do the first semester at the end of your degree i.e. the extra semester at the end, I could be wrong about that though, but logically it seems right, because it would be messy being just a semester behind your year and a semester ahead of another
    I'm not sure how going into semester 2 after Xmas without doing semster 1 would work with module selection and pre-requisites and stuff though!

yep! thats what im totally confused about cause there has been so many new changes this year with repeats and fees! il ring the programme office again and ask but they arent that helpful at the best of times!

It is really confusing, as far as I can see just doing repeats in semester 1 and going back the following year, is the least confusing and straight forward, also probably the least complicated in regard to grants and all, but of course it is an extra year.
    Yeah ring your programme office and let us know how ya get on!
    Good luck with it! :)

one more thing lol, if we only do repeats in sept and then nothing in jan till following sept do we lose our student cards/ account until we return following sept?

• Advertisement

Yeah I think our student card is like deactivated until we return, but sure all that means is that we can't get into the library etc. which is not much of a loss sure if we're not in ucd! By account do you mean ucdconnect email and all, if so, I really doubt, because we're still current students!

ah really, suppose the library isnt a loss, just handy if i could use my online account to get onto the internet in college cause il be still using the gym, seeing friends, clubs etc there

Oh right yeah I know what ya mean now, logging into computers in UCD, I wouldn't be too sure if we still could, it's not a huge loss either for a semester really though!

true! gluck neway bud!

Advertisement