Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent Internet Purchases

Options
  • 24-08-2011 1:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice about what looks to be a fraudulent Internet purchase I made. In short it was a pair of Jeans I bought off a site which looked above board (stupid I know) but I’ve purchased a lot of varying products over the Internet over the years and this seemed no different from the rest. Within a day of the purchase made, my credit card was charged the full amount (€106), a few weeks passed and no parcel, I emailed the customer care address provided on the site, no responses, I then noticed in my account history on the site that my purchase history of the jeans disappeared. More emails, no responses. Then just the other day, the site has had somewhat of a makeover in appearance and my account with them and ability to log in has stopped completely. Looks like all my account history has been deleted, obviously I still have confirmation emails from them, including one with a purchase and the history on my banking of the purchase, some Chinese vendor came up on the statement.

I can paste the link to the site if permitted on here? Also can give the details of the purchase as per my statement if permitted. It's only a name.

It was purchased with a VISA (Cetrel), aside from my card no being compromised and cancelling and requesting a new one, would anyone have any recommendations as to where to go either for reporting them or in some attempt at blacklisting? The bank have mailed and said it’s down to me and vendor, I would have thought that having a VISA point of sale for any vendor would carry some responsibility and would have to answer to somebody if sales are not honoured, maybe somebody has some idea where to start as I haven’t a clue, any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Muff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice about what looks to be a fraudulent Internet purchase I made. In short it was a pair of Jeans I bought off a site which looked above board (stupid I know) but I’ve purchased a lot of varying products over the Internet over the years and this seemed no different from the rest. Within a day of the purchase made, my credit card was charged the full amount (€106), a few weeks passed and no parcel, I emailed the customer care address provided on the site, no responses, I then noticed in my account history on the site that my purchase history of the jeans disappeared. More emails, no responses. Then just the other day, the site has had somewhat of a makeover in appearance and my account with them and ability to log in has stopped completely. Looks like all my account history has been deleted, obviously I still have confirmation emails from them, including one with a purchase and the history on my banking of the purchase, some Chinese vendor came up on the statement.

I can paste the link to the site if permitted on here? Also can give the details of the purchase as per my statement if permitted. It's only a name.

It was purchased with a VISA (Cetrel), aside from my card no being compromised and cancelling and requesting a new one, would anyone have any recommendations as to where to go either for reporting them or in some attempt at blacklisting? The bank have mailed and said it’s down to me and vendor, I would have thought that having a VISA point of sale for any vendor would carry some responsibility and would have to answer to somebody if sales are not honoured, maybe somebody has some idea where to start as I haven’t a clue, any information or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Muff.
    Tell your card provider to do a chargeback as you have not received goods paid for using the card. Don't take no as an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement