Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tis looking stormy out!

• 24-08-2011 2:37pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't remember the last time I started a thread in here!

So, anyway, how about that weather? Serious thunder and lightning in the last few minutes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I can't remember the last time I started a thread in here!

So, anyway, how about that weather? Serious thunder and lightning in the last few minutes!

And hail stones, WTF is that all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Absolutely brilliant :D

Still continuing.

Apparently the sun is shining in Cork at the moment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hail stones in August, of all months!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

A seriously messed up day!
    Sun was shining this morning so took off to work in sandals!! Regretting that decision now!! My feet are freezing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

So Google didn't lie to me! If they are to be believed we can expect the same tomorrow.. http://www.google.ie/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=limerick+weather

At least Fri is supposed to be nice? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Mental weather out here in UL.

An grian ag taitneamh and suddenly this epic downpour. Happened twice now. Not a good day for graduations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mad feckin' showers since lunchtime. One minute it's sunny, short sleeves, then thunder and lightning on with the jacket and run for cover.....now sun out again ...oops, here comes another one!

Crazy.

I blame the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Those hailstones were pretty big. Big enough to sting when they hit the skin of the arm anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

hailing merrily along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You think it was bad in Limerick. I was in Tuam. I had to stop in the line of traffic along with everybody else. We couldn't see the road and the lightening was actually blinding because the rain was so heavy.

Crazy it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Just woke up after a night shift,looks lovely out...what ye all talking about!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just woke up after a night shift,looks lovely out...what ye all talking about!

You must have a nicely insulated room to have slept through the thunder and the hailstones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It looks lovely out now for the fourth time today! We have had hail (big ones at that), thunder, light rain, sunshowers, and heavy rain!

Completely nuts.

After the hail shower, car and house alarms were going off everywhere

Picked my brother up from the airport this morning. He just flew in from New York and couldn't believe how good the weather was here.

Of course he slept through the earthquakes in America yesterday, then came home to sleep off the jet-lag and slept through the storm here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You must have a nicely insulated room to have slept through the thunder and the hailstones!

I've had one of my bedroom windows open since I got to bed this morning,only woke up there after my alarm went off :p

Was it that bad over our way, im only a stone's throw from your place sure

hit the whole country I believe test

It was very bad over Caherdavin, etc, between 14:30 and 15:00.

Looking lovely again now though. Just in time for training. >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

****in typical, we get hailstones and thunder storms in august, but when the winter rolls around and everyone else gets snow, we've grand sunny days. FOCL (F our collective lives)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Saw this thread and feared the dog will have gone mental and i was right no sign of her. If anyone is out around the corbally to barry's cross direction please keep an eye out for a medium sized black and white dog that looks quite old (lot of grey on her face) but is only 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Typical Irish weather, nothing new to see here... kids are back to school next week so it should be a scorcher then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I went to Loophead lighthouse, back to Kilkee and then up to Spanish Point and got no rain worth talking about, some nasty looking black clouds but never really rainded all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

We decided to start painting our house when the hail came. Back to square 1 again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

bazz26 wrote: »
    Typical Irish weather, nothing new to see here... kids are back to school next week so it should be a scorcher then...

Scorching patience during rush hour more like it. :mad: (Especially on Clare Street/Dublin Rd)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Wow I was in Cork today and the weather down there was lovely. There was a couple of showers & that was it.

Looks like I was better off down there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ey500siHQc

I dread to think what our winter will be like this year! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Another batch of thunder sounds like it is on the way towards the city, coming in from the South West.

Can hear it in the distance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

damn thunder is playing havoc with my puppy toilet training.

Was the longest I ever heard thunder, the cloud was huge and the thunder just kept on going and going and people still out walking dogs! So bad.

Few shots of lightening too - but nothing major :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was coming in from Ennis this evening, a major thunder shower as we passed Shannon, worst rain I've seen in a long and eejits driving without turning on their lights :mad:,

Probably preaching (hopefully anyway) to the converted but please turn on your lights in poor visibility and turning on lights doesn't mean turning on the parking/side lights.

Advertisement