Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Melbourne Rose" on John Murray show

• 24-08-2011 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Strange. There was no "Melbourne Rose" in the Rose of Tralee. I only checked because she sounded like a snobby cow talking up how great she is/talking down the other contestants. Must have been a piss take. Murray never said it was though!

Listen here from 37 minutes.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thejohnmurrayshow/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Of course it was!

"I was here for the Newbridge Silverware, the sash, and maybe a husband"

"lets just say I wasn't the only one putting vaseline on my teeth"

"What I'm going to be taking from this competition is a lot of resentment and maybe some small bottles of shampoo from the hotel."

You didn't really need to be told that was a pisstake surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

What?! I missed the original item, but the way JM kept harping on about it, I thought it had to be straight-up... FFS, RTE, referring ad infinitum to reactions to a prank item is as cool as chuckling at your own jokes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Offensive, cringeworthy and not funny.....

Yep, that sounds like the John Murray comedy segment alright..

Offensive
    To whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

later10 wrote: »
    To whom?

People who pay €160 a year for Murray to entertain himself

• Advertisement

Poly wrote: »
    People who pay €160 a year for Murray to entertain himself
    Except nobody pays €160/ year for that.

Anyone who was 'offended' by this piece should probably stay indoors and wrap up in cotton wool for their own safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The Irish star doorstepped Murray at his home to "investigate" this.

Veeeeeeeeeeeery slow news day, clearly, as it made the front page.

The Irish star doorstepped Murray at his home to "investigate" this.

Really? Dont think I've ever heard of a radio presenter being doorstepped at home to be quizzed over an item on the show.. Could they not have just gone in to RTE and asked him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

How in the name of fcuk is this story considered newsworthy?

Murray must be delighted he caused a stir of some sort.

Must be some feat to knock X-Factor or the British royals/soaps off the front page off the Chav paper of choice.

What a Star!

later10 wrote: »
    To whom?

Me ;-) .. I meant in the context that his comedy bits usually offend somebody.. The Queen, Mickey Harte.. somebody is usually the butt of his joke... And I'm sure the Rose Of Tralee International will not be impressed with this piss take.. I'd say they have been inundated with calls complaining about the "Melbourne Rose" and her lack of humility..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

the fact that this was controversial was the real kicker..

intelligent adults were actually really fooled by john murray..

lol..does anyone see the desperate state of our country ...and suddenly it all makes sense..

PEOPLE WILL ...get dumber and dumber until their own reflections cant bare to appear in their mirrors..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

the fact that this was controversial was the real kicker..

intelligent adults were actually really fooled by john murray..

lol..does anyone see the desperate state of our country ...and suddenly it all makes sense..

PEOPLE WILL ...get dumber and dumber until their own reflections cant bare to appear in the mirrors..

Advertisement