Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees and the grant

Options
  • 24-08-2011 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Hi, i have applied and accepted a place in ait for ths year.
    i have applied for the grant, which i should get due to my circumstances.
    the problem is registration day is coming soon and i don't think i will have the letter from the vec saying the grant is awarded, also i'm fairly broke, so won't have money to pay on the day, even though it would be refunded.
    anyone any experience with this or what are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭skytop

Hey, I think most people are in the same boat, myself and two friends are for sure. I don't think they will look for money on the reg day. The policy is as far as i have been told is you will be able to attend classes and even take exams whilst waiting for the VEC grant to come in the only thing that you are unable to do is gain acess to your results till the grant comes in! I am pretty sure this is the case! I have a friend that did a degree in there this year and still hasnt been able to get his results as the collage are still waiting on payment. he was not getting the grant but paying himself and ran in to money issues. but his results are waiting for him when he pays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

skytop wrote: »
    Hey, I think most people are in the same boat, myself and two friends are for sure. I don't think they will look for money on the reg day. The policy is as far as i have been told is you will be able to attend classes and even take exams whilst waiting for the VEC grant to come in the only thing that you are unable to do is gain acess to your results till the grant comes in! I am pretty sure this is the case! I have a friend that did a degree in there this year and still hasnt been able to get his results as the collage are still waiting on payment. he was not getting the grant but paying himself and ran in to money issues. but his results are waiting for him when he pays.

yeh i heard something like that also! thanks for the reply! what are you and your friends doing?

wesf wrote: »
    yeh i heard something like that also! thanks for the reply! what are you and your friends doing?

Two of us are doing electronic engineering snd the other is doing buisness

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

wesf wrote: »
    Hi, i have applied and accepted a place in ait for ths year.
    i have applied for the grant, which i should get due to my circumstances.
    the problem is registration day is coming soon and i don't think i will have the letter from the vec saying the grant is awarded, also i'm fairly broke, so won't have money to pay on the day, even though it would be refunded.
    anyone any experience with this or what are my options?

If you don't pay your Student services charge its ok, they'll hound everyone with emails up to and after the Christmas exams, withholding your results if you haven't paid up.

When you get your grant approval letter just pop down to the registration office show it to them and they'll tick you off the list. You can do that anytime once you have that letter. I have it done already

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭nessie911

I'm just wondering if any one has received there first year registration pack yet, as my two friends have not received there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

i have received mine but my brother has not as he was a late applicant

I got mine last week also! Registration in tues 13th

Advertisement