Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMedia s1300 dual monitors

Options
  • 24-08-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hello kind people of boards,

I am looking for some kind advice here pls..

I have a friend looking to install a dual monitor display on his Packard Bell iMedia s1300. I obtained a VGA splitter and tried to hook up both displays. Only one monitor registering when I go into the 'screen resolution' option via the desktop. I was advised to press Win + P and choose Expand, alas this will not work either..

The graphics card used is Nvidia6153se Geforce.

Would I need to install a second graphics card so avail of 2 monitors?

Kind thanks...

BPF! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hello kind people of boards,

I am looking for some kind advice here pls..

I have a friend looking to install a dual monitor display on his Packard Bell iMedia s1300. I obtained a VGA splitter and tried to hook up both displays. Only one monitor registering when I go into the 'screen resolution' option via the desktop. I was advised to press Win + P and choose Expand, alas this will not work either..

The graphics card used is Nvidia6153se Geforce.

Would I need to install a second graphics card so avail of 2 monitors?

Kind thanks...

BPF! :D

Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for the video card? (from www.nvidia.com). Thats a very very low end card so it may not support dual screen display even with a splitter, in fact I think it could be an integrated video card

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

yoyo wrote: »
    Have you tried downloading the latest drivers for the video card? (from www.nvidia.com). Thats a very very low end card so it may not support dual screen display even with a splitter, in fact I think it could be an integrated video card

Nick

HI Nick,

Thanks for the reply
    I did upgrade the drivers already to no avail. Would your suggestion be to upgrade the video card?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Take out the current video card and see if it is an AGP or PCIe card like in the pic below, see which is corresponds to:
    picagppciecards.jpg

If its an AGP card, you may find it hard to pick up a decent card, look for something like a 6800GT or 7600GT should handle dual monitors ok, if its a PCIe card your in luck as thats the current format and most €50+ priced cards should handle dual screens with no problems,
    Your video card may be integrated where in that case see if you have an AGP or PCIe slot on the motherboard, if you don't have either the motherboard probably only has PCI slots which there are video cards out there for but I can't offer any reccomendations

Nick

Advertisement