Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New website address ( beauty ) - suggestions welcome

• 24-08-2011 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Looking at setting up a website for online selling / services .

It will be in the Beauty/Cosmetics category .

It will be a beauty shop / beauty stop , and a dot com address .

Catchy or otherwise - all suggestions welcome ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Looking at setting up a website for online selling / services .

It will be in the Beauty/Cosmetics category .

It will be a beauty shop / beauty stop , and a dot com address .

Catchy or otherwise - all suggestions welcome ?

Otherwise - catchy doesn't mean anything to search engines and they'll be bringing you the vast majority of your traffic.

What would you type into Google when doing a search for the same products/services? If the .ie (or .com, depending on your market) equivalent of that search query is still available get it.

What I mean by that is if, say, 'beauty shop' was the search query most people would use and if "beautyshop.ie" is still available get it, you can still use a catchy name for the business itself if you want to.

Use Google's Keyword tool to help you https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

What is your business name?

From an SEO point of view, it is really a big plus to have your keywords in your website url. (I decided not to, I'm aware of the hit that I deliberately have chosen to take).

If you are planning on targeting Irish audience, do consider an ".ie" domain, maybe both.

Some tips:
    - something easy to spell OR buy up the misspelled domain names as well
    - try to include your keyword(s), with a combination of your business name
    - not too long
    - no numbers or symbols (like "_") these are gone out of fashion, and difficult to remember
    - if you choose a ".com", make sure that the ".ie" version is not being used
    - try to avoid 'the' incase people forget to include it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Hi, I understand the .com but I strongly recommend to get the .ie as well. In Ireland is much more recognised and .ie is also one of the most secure.

In regard to flashy/catchy, I recommend to focus on the content, text, emotion and keywords. Your website can be the most beautiful flashy one but then it's gonna be hard to find it through a search engine.

Definitely going for the "otherwise"!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Go for the .ie

You can get some ideas by checking "dropped" domains that are now available again see here http://dropped.ie/

Just type in "beauty"

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

pfurey101 wrote: »
    You can get some ideas by checking "dropped" domains that are now available again see here http://dropped.ie/

Good luck.

Thats a great idea - I never heard of that site.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement