Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School Bus

Options
  • 24-08-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just wondering how you know where your pick up point is for getting the school bus? In school already and just got the ticket and not sure where it is.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

where abouts are you in the country the pick up point can be quite a distance from your home depending on where you live (city v countryside)

i would suggest you ring bus eireann your local office to you they will be able to tell you exactly where it is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 LaLaLand101

I don't want to say the county but I live just outside a small town and travel around 20/25 mins to school to a bigger town. There is a school nearer than the school I go to.
    Where it says on the bus ticket 'Travel between X and X', does that say the persons' address on all tickets or is it the pick up point? Mine says my address so I was just wondering. There is around 8/9 people from my area in my school and the pick up point is around 10 mins from my house (car) for the nearest bus I know. So does that mean that I can be picked up outside my house?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You really need to contact the service provider and ask these questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

There is around 8/9 people from my area in my school and the pick up point is around 10 mins from my house (car) for the nearest bus I know. So does that mean that I can be picked up outside my house?

Why don't you ask one of the students who take the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

I don't want to say the county but I live just outside a small town and travel around 20/25 mins to school to a bigger town. There is a school nearer than the school I go to.
    Where it says on the bus ticket 'Travel between X and X', does that say the persons' address on all tickets or is it the pick up point? Mine says my address so I was just wondering. There is around 8/9 people from my area in my school and the pick up point is around 10 mins from my house (car) for the nearest bus I know. So does that mean that I can be picked up outside my house?
    Thanks.

i would strongly suggest you contact the service provider, if the bus is coming along your road and your on a main road well you could possibly be picked up form your house however the best thing to do would be to contact bus eireann or ring the department of education school transport section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

i would strongly suggest you contact the service provider, if the bus is coming along your road and your on a main road well you could possibly be picked up form your house however the best thing to do would be to contact bus eireann or ring the department of education school transport section

Ring the local bus Eireann school transport office. The Dept Education school transport won't know - they have no involvement in the route or timetables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 LaLaLand101

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if it shows your address on the 'Travel between' part on all tickets if anyone has children who go on the bus.

Advertisement