Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Welcome pack?

Options
  • 24-08-2011 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Read on the website that all first years get a welcome pack about the college, advising them on what to do next, etc... Does anyone know when these come out? (Typical me being paranoid everyone else already got one except me:p)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

ye i saw that they were meant to come today, but i havn't got them yet either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

nipps wrote: »
    ye i saw that they were meant to come today, but i havn't got them yet either

Do you know if there's anything about accomodation in them? Because I have nooo clue how I find out if I got the accomodation or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

i dont think it does. just log into ucd connect, your username is your cao no. and your password is your date of birth in dd/mm/yy format. once your in there is a symbol for mail on the top right hand side of the web page, go into it and there should be an email informing you if you have received an offer...

ucd is on the right hand side of the ucd homepage by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

I thought we were supposed to get them on monday :P no sign of mine yet anyway haha!

nipps wrote: »
    i dont think it does. just log into ucd connect, your username is your cao no. and your password is your date of birth in dd/mm/yy format. once your in there is a symbol for mail on the top right hand side of the web page, go into it and there should be an email informing you if you have received an offer...

ucd is on the right hand side of the ucd homepage by the way.

Ok, thanks! I just did that, said I haven't gotten accomodation yet basked on my ranking and to check again tomorrow. I'm PRAYING that I get it or I'm so screwed.:eek:

• Advertisement

Shonagh wrote: »
    I thought we were supposed to get them on monday :P no sign of mine yet anyway haha!

Well at least none of us have them so looks like it's ok for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mr Mime

Haven't got mine either... But I believe anyone who needs garda vetting has gotten some sheets and stuff about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

i just watched those registration videos on the UCD connect page.. wow im confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭doctorg

I got my pack today

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I got mine today too.
    Not much in it other than the Student Guide/1st Year Guide, a welcome letter and a letter about health screening (Hep. B) that I need for my course. Anticlimax :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Same as just a welcome letter student guide and a guide to the BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

ye i just got the booklet yoke and a welcome sheet...with nothing related to my course

Has anyone started registering yet? They're asking me to enter a PIN number and a security question and answer (like what you would do to remember a password) I'm so confused!

WatchOut wrote: »
    Has anyone started registering yet? They're asking me to enter a PIN number and a security question and answer (like what you would do to remember a password) I'm so confused!
    Nope not yet I'm waiting for my mom to come home so she can help me :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Everything you need is online. Start getting getting used to the website because the only other time UCD will send you anything in the post is when they are looking for fees.

Nope not yet I'm waiting for my mom to come home so she can help me :P

I think mine will just be as confused as me. It wont let me register unless I type in this PIN number and I have no idea what it is! :eek:

I think mine will just be as confused as me. It wont let me register unless I type in this PIN number and I have no idea what it is! :eek:

Is it your date of birth? Thats what I used to check my place on the waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I presume your PIN is your password that you've been using for UCD Connect etc. so it's just your DOB in DDMMYY format.

Exothermic wrote: »
    I presume your PIN is your password that you've been using for UCD Connect etc. so it's just your DOB in DDMMYY format.

Yeah. you're right, I rang the college about it :p It says Sage 2 of registration isn't up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey, just wondering, when I go onto the SIS, and get onto the Student Fes section it says I owe about 5,000 euro, just wondering is something wrong here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

apperently i owe ucd 20000 euro lol :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hey, just wondering, when I go onto the SIS, and get onto the Student Fes section it says I owe about 5,000 euro, just wondering is something wrong here?

If you believe you are eligible for free fees contact the student desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Just got my welcome pack and acceptance letter a few min ago, I was hoping it was the RAM I ordered when I heard it fall through the letterbox :\

brownlad wrote: »
    apperently i owe ucd 20000 euro lol :eek:

same here!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you are eligible, the "free fees" will be deducted later. Don't panic.

If you are eligible, the "free fees" will be deducted later. Don't panic.

So can we complete registration without paying fees?

doctorg wrote: »
    So can we complete registration without paying fees?
    Well you can register your personal detail and pick your modules, but I don't think you are considered full registered until you pay at least the first half of the registration fee and student centre levy. But you have until the 11th of September to do that.

As for tuition fees, they are due on the same date. But if you are entitled to "free fees" they should be deducted at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

As for tuition fees, they are due on the same date. But if you are entitled to "free fees" they should be deducted at some point.

I have to send them extra documentation to receive my free fees, though I'm a mature student so it could be different in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 caitdebhail

yeah i registered and did all that today and paid my fees.. 2000euro sound right? it said on the UCD Connect website that first years can't do the Step 2 of registration until the 1st of September so no worries :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 funkyFresh12

Did anyone else have any problems with the online payment? Some kind of error came up when I was doing it:confused:

Advertisement