Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! Peeling nails!!

• 24-08-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, have a wedding on Saturday. Nails decided to start peeling,three on each hand. Had to cut the whole lot. So annoyed as I had them at a nice length for the occasion:mad:
    Anyway looking for the best product to repair said nails. Can anybody recommend anything to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use this http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/maximum-growth

I kinda neglected my nails the past few weeks and they are in bits now, breaking/peeling easily.

I've started using this the past few days and have noticed a difference already.

I use this sometimes as well, but I can't stand the smell of it. It's not a bad smell, just overpowering I find.

http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/nailgrowth-miracle%E2%84%A2-salon-strengthening-treatment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

Thanks Purple Bobbin! Might try the maximum growth.
    Am so annoyed that I had to cut the nails as I wanted them to look nice on the day of the wedding.
    Hopefully this will do the trick and get them back on track:)

sexymama wrote: »
    Thanks Purple Bobbin! Might try the maximum growth.
    Am so annoyed that I had to cut the nails as I wanted them to look nice on the day of the wedding.
    Hopefully this will do the trick and get them back on track:)
    I know the feeling.

Al my nails broke and ripped, I would have preferred to cut them but they'll be right soon hopefully.

I'd say if you use that stuff over the next few days, you might have some length in your nails, I doubt they'd be very long by the wedding though.

Here's hoping Purple Bobbin! I hate when you put nail polish on short nails and get polish on the tips of fingers:eek:
    At least if there is a bit of length in the nail it goes on a lot easier and no smudgies!

When I get polish on fingers, I dip a cotton bud into nail polish remover and slowly rub it on the finger where the polish is and it removes it :)

If you get a lotta polish on the finger though it will take a while before you get it all off and you need to be very careful if your going near the top of the nail, so you don't hit the nail and then have to re-do it lol.

Good luck, let us know how you get on :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tip Purple Bobbin!
    Got maximum growth today so here's hoping it will do the trick.They won't be long for saturday but here's hoping for the disappearance of the cracks and splits:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Maximum Growth + cuticle oil. Any oil will do, just make sure you use it at least twice a day. My nails have always peeled and split. I have a drawer filled with every nail hardener/strengthener etc and found that they made my nails snap. Sounds weird but its as if my nails became too hard but dry. i have noticed a remarkable difference since I started using cuticle oil regularly. Use Maximum Growth to try and get them sorted for the wedding but use the oil for long term benefits.

Thanks for the tip jos28:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mnapril143

Hi I suggest you to have acrylic nails for the wedding. For me it is very useful to you. And after that use nail decals for your nails. Best wishes. :)

Advertisement